+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 17 of 49 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: Justice for George Floyd petition

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Justice for George Floyd petition

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Yes i do. Thats why I'm sickened to the core about institutionalised racism and all racism of any kind.
    Makes your first post about black people killing each other even stupider then.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Makes your first post about black people killing each other even stupider then.
    There you go again.
    My first post in this thread, was basically saying, that all lives, no matter what colour or creed matter.
    I also wanted to get across the point, that its not just racist American cops that need to appreciate that, its people of all colour and creed that think life is cheap.
    No point in trying to eradicate what happened to George Floyd then black youths killing black youths because of different rag colours and different gang memberships, or white people killing white people because of religious beliefs, or anyone killing anyone etc etc..
    Im not trying to get into a battle with you, because we hopefully we both want the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    No, you said that I thought people like you cannot have an opinion on "racist matters". I didn't say that at all, you are free to think what you like, but the difference between us would appear to be that I am able to recognise and accept when my opinions don't stand up to close scrutiny.

You talk about "my logic", but you have come to a conclusion on what I said that does not apply.
    The big difference here, is opinions on sport, are 2 a penny, and throw away. Im not very keen on Basketball myself or cricket come to that, so my opinions on them would de biased
    Opinions on life matters though are more important, and any right minded person wouldn't hesitate to agree that all lives are important and racism is wrong. There is no grey area there.

Racism against black people is no different to racism against white people or any other people for that matter.

There you go again.
    My first post in this thread, was basically saying, that all lives, no matter what colour or creed matter.
    I also wanted to get across the point, that its not just racist American cops that need to appreciate that, its people of all colour and creed that think life is cheap.
    No point in trying to eradicate what happened to George Floyd then black youths killing black youths because of different rag colours and different gang memberships, or white people killing white people because of religious beliefs, or anyone killing anyone etc etc..
    Im not trying to get into a battle with you, because we hopefully we both want the same thing.
    All lives matter is the words of someone who’s missed the point. It’s usually used by racists to undermine the movement too.

BLM is valid because at the moment white lives matter but black lives don’t. That’s why the movement is so needed.

Saying all lives matter paints the person at the very best as ignorant. There are plenty of places you can google that explain this a lot better than I can.

Before charging into a subject with your opinion why not try and understand everything first?

There are more innocent young black men murdered by fellow young black men in both the states and the Uk than are murdered by police. Do black lives only matter if they are killed by cops?
    This isn’t a particular feature of what’s going on currently, I think people are generally more inclined to join protests targeted at power/authority.

For example, would you conclude I don’t really think that domestic violence matters as I haven’t marched about it? And would I be required to do so before protesting if I felt the police had started targeting females for violent treatment?

All lives matter is the words of someone who’s missed the point. It’s usually used by racists to undermine the movement too.

BLM is valid because at the moment white lives matter but black lives don’t. That’s why the movement is so needed.

Saying all lives matter paints the person at the very best as ignorant. There are plenty of places you can google that explain this a lot better than I can.

Before charging into a subject with your opinion why not try and understand everything first?
    All lives matter, to say any different is racist.

Are you saying an Afro Caribbean American life is worth more than an indigenous native American's life ?

Rioting takes precedence over Covid-19

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronav...rises-separate

Quote Originally Posted by trampie09 View Post
    All lives matter, to say any different is racist.

Are you saying an Afro Caribbean American life is worth more than an indigenous native American's life ?
    You’ve misunderstood the entire point.

They should probably call it Black Lives Matter Too.
    It'd cause less confusion.

I think its you who is misunderstanding.

With respect I think it is you that has missed the point.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    They should probably call it Black Lives Matter Too.
    It'd cause less confusion.
    Exactly it doesn’t mean only black lives matter it means other lives matter already and can black lives matter too.

I think its you who is misunderstanding.

With respect I think it is you that has missed the point.
    Explain how please.

https://www.insider.com/billie-eilis...e-floyd-2020-6

I think Billie Eilish addressed all lives matter better than I could.

Maybe you pair aren’t aware “all lives matter” was set up in response to black lives matter.

Black people aren’t saying your lives don’t matter.

Certain people seem to want to find any point that’s against this movement. First it was focussing on a small number of people “killing” a shop keeper, then focussing on the looters instead of the majority of peaceful protesters, now it’s on covid.

Personally there’s no right time for action but the rights of a huge group of the world’s population has waited long enough.

I wouldn’t expect someone who tells a british born Asian to “go back to Pakistan” because they don’t like their opinion to understand though.
    I get that that message was mostly against Hartley, but I still think its utterly brainless. To say that using covid is just a way of attacking the protesters is utterly moronic. Covid is still in the process of rampaging through out societies, killing people in their thousands. We buried my grandad because of it, and we haven't seen my sister in 2 months because her care home is locked down. Other families have suffered a hell of a lot more. if pieces of shit decide that they can break social distancing like this and put more lives at risk , I will reserve the right to call them out for the vermin that they are . I find the idea that I'm just using this to have a pop at the protests repulsive.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post
    I get that that message was mostly against Hartley, but I still think its utterly brainless. To say that using covid is just a way of attacking the protesters is utterly moronic. Covid is still in the process of rampaging through out societies, killing people in their thousands. We buried my grandad because of it, and we haven't seen my sister in 2 months because her care home is locked down. Other families have suffered a hell of a lot more. if pieces of shit decide that they can break social distancing like this and put more lives at risk , I will reserve the right to call them out for the vermin that they are . I find the idea that I'm just using this to have a pop at the protests repulsive.
    The irony is Croesy Blue was one of most vocal supporters of the Covid-19 lockdown and associated measures, and we got nothing but doom and gloom for weeks, but he suddenly dropped it like a hot potato about 5 minutes after the people started protesting.

Explain how please.
    You need to explain, all lives should be equally valued whether they are Irish, Chagossians, Aborigines, Native Americans, Kurds or Bengalis.
    Hmm I wonder why some of those peoples came to mind ?, who are we to talk with our track record hey

You need to explain, all lives should be equally valued whether they are Irish, Chagossians, Aborigines, Native Americans, Kurds or Bengalis.
    Hmm I wonder why some of those peoples came to mind ?, who are we to talk with our track record hey
    Here’s it explained better than I can

We said black lives matter

We never said ONLY black lives matter

We know all lives matter

We just need your help with “black lives matter” because black lives are in danger

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post
    No I agree with you that it isn’t the best time to be having the protests and I couldn’t attend a family members funeral who died of covid too so you have my sympathy.

But can you also see that when someone has been killed due to a policeman Kneeling on his neck the action has to be taken while the iron is hot. It’s a very important movement and it’s difficult to say, let’s pencil this in for once the virus has subsided a bit more.

I do think calling the protestors pieces of shit and vermin is the wrong way to go about it though and makes you lose the moral high ground.

I’ve always been very pro lockdown, but we have to appreciate that the world and it’s situations are nuanced and things aren’t always black and white.

I disagree with you once again. I for one, don't under estimate how difficult it is, and millions of others all over the world don't either.
    It can be a sick and cruel world we live in. Ask gay people, transexual people, fat people , ugly people,
    Disabled people etc, what its like to be persecuted and taunted. Its getting better, but we still have a million miles to go on eradicating it all together, and sadly i don't think we ever will.
    1) Are queer people more likely to be stopped and killed by the police?
    2) There are some black queer people
    3) The Stonewall riots, which were a turning point in queer rights, was started by a black transgender woman.

I do understand how life is hard for queer people, especially transgender people, but the debate is about black lives and the communities intersect.

And it is stupid how you compare the struggles of African Americans to ugly people

No I agree with you that it isn’t the best time to be having the protests and I couldn’t attend a family members funeral who died of covid too so you have my sympathy.

But can you also see that when someone has been killed due to a policeman Kneeling on his neck the action has to be taken while the iron is hot. It’s a very important movement and it’s difficult to say, let’s pencil this in for once the virus has subsided a bit more.

I do think calling the protestors pieces of shit and vermin is the wrong way to go about it though and makes you lose the moral high ground.

I’ve always been very pro lockdown, but we have to appreciate that the world and it’s situations are nuanced and things aren’t always black and white.
    To be honest what I'm finding very strange is that normally I'd be in agreement But the covid situation is literally a once in a lifetime (hopefully) situation that needs us to keep away from each other.

I was quite surprised how angry that video made me feel. To see the policeman closest to the camera squaring up to people, as his mate smirks while he quite literally squashes the life out of someone is beyond words. Also cant disagree with the structural inequality present in the states. The real irony though, is that the coronavirus is even better at exploiting the system to kill black people than a bent copper. death by Covid induced pneumonia is probably quite a similar way to go , the breathlessness, the hopelessness.

Also lets be fair, it's not hard to get yourself a ****ing mask before going out in a big group of people.

Racism against black people is no different to racism against white people or any other people for that matter.
    Tell that to African Americans who face systemic racism that gets them more likely to be killed by the people meant to protect them, less economic opportunities, basically second class citizens. And that is after years of slavery and segregation