+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 18 of 49 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: Justice for George Floyd petition

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Justice for George Floyd petition

Quote Originally Posted by adz-a32 View Post
    Tell that to African Americans who face systemic racism that gets them more likely to be killed by the people meant to protect them, less economic opportunities, basically second class citizens. And that is after years of slavery and segregation
    The fly in the ointment are the black Americans who are now starting to speak out against Black Lives Matter.

Apologies if it looked like I was calling you out, I understand it’s a very strange situation.

Edit - @chrisp

Heisenberg

They secluded him behind a wall and looked around to see if anyone was watching so they can beat him... this is why we protest from r/PublicFreakout

Another fine example of why these protests are happening. Officers detain someone behind a wall, check to see if anyone is witnessing it and then assault the ever-living shit out of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    They secluded him behind a wall and looked around to see if anyone was watching so they can beat him... this is why we protest from r/PublicFreakout

Another fine example of why these protests are happening. Officers detain someone behind a wall, check to see if anyone is witnessing it and then assault the ever-living shit out of them.
    What are we looking at here, is that 3 white cops? And who is on the ground?

Quote Originally Posted by trampie09 View Post
    All lives matter, to say any different is racist.

Are you saying an Afro Caribbean American life is worth more than an indigenous native American's life ?
    Black Lives Matter has an implicit “too” at the end

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    https://www.insider.com/billie-eilis...e-floyd-2020-6

I think Billie Eilish addressed all lives matter better than I could.

Maybe you pair aren’t aware “all lives matter” was set up in response to black lives matter.

Black people aren’t saying your lives don’t matter.
    She is an amazing person. Very articulate and talented

I wonder how many posters on here would be calling Emily Pankhurst a silly slag and won’t someone think of the poor horse during the suffragettes movement.

How many would be saying you’re saying votes for women but what about votes for men.

How many would be saying during the Chartists movement would be saying the civil unrest was disgusting and they only wanted a revolution.

Do people not learn from history? Would you not like to be on the right side of it?

Apologies if it looked like I was calling you out, I understand it’s a very strange situation.

Edit - @chrisp
    Tbf I think some of the language I used set me up for it. I think we all tend to get a bit tribal about anything political nowadays. I like to consider myself a moderate, then I look back at what I write and I wonder 😂

Quote Originally Posted by chrisp_1927 View Post
    Tbf I think some of the language I used set me up for it. I think we all tend to get a bit tribal about anything political nowadays. I like to consider myself a moderate, then I look back at what I write and I wonder ��
    I'm exactly the same, worse if I've had a beer

I wonder how many posters on here would be calling Emily Pankhurst a silly slag and won’t someone think of the poor horse during the suffragettes movement.

How many would be saying you’re saying votes for women but what about votes for men.

How many would be saying during the Chartists movement would be saying the civil unrest was disgusting and they only wanted a revolution.

Do people not learn from history? Would you not like to be on the right side of it?
    https://twitter.com/natemcdermott/st...796847619?s=21

Yep exactly it’s human nature and people need to educate themselves and try and fight against it.

It’s an extreme example but if we were in Nazi germany a huge percent of us would be ignoring the Jews being taken to auschwitz, a percent would be reluctantly in the SS and a very small percentage would be sharing Hitler’s propaganda with glee saying how anyone believing anything else was a sheep being taken in by the mainstream media or something.

Anyway considering various takes on BLM by some people in this thread, I am going to post this in the hope that it may educate someone

https://youtu.be/jQ_0bqWKO-k

Anyway considering various takes on BLM by some people in this thread, I am going to post this in the hope that it may educate someone

Very informative, William Treseder should give that a watch.

84% of white murders are committed by white people but no one calls them white on white murders.

MTV?

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Id say that to anyone who lived in a country that they constantly criticised in support of another country. If an Englishman migrated to Spain and constantly run the place down then id tell him if its so bad then **** off back to England too.

Id like to see how he got on in Pakistan leading the privileged westernised lifestyle hes grown up with, maybe Britain wouldnt be such a bad place after all.

Adz is not adverse to a little bit of racist language himself mind.

Maybe he needs some educating too.

https://www.newstatesman.com/politic...ts-much-p-word
    Where did I even support Pakistan? And you don’t know about my life so who are you to tell me where to go? You don’t know if I would even have a better life in Pakistan. You don’t know my ethnicity etc that would impact my life there. So I repeat... who are you to tell me where to go?

Where did I even support Pakistan? And you don’t know about my life so who are you to tell me where to go? You don’t know if I would even have a better life in Pakistan. You don’t know my ethnicity etc that would impact my life there. So I repeat... who are you to tell me where to go?
    Dont be a hypocrite Adz. Happy to insult me over several forums and you dont know me either.

Dont be a hypocrite Adz. Happy to insult me over several forums and you dont know me either.
    Nothing compared to saying that I should go back to Pakistan though

Nothing compared to saying that I should go back to Pakistan though
    Yeah well, we all say things we regret. Do you regret using the term "coconut" and on another forum "choc ice"? Or is it ok for you to use racist language but not me?

Yeah well, we all say things we regret. Do you regret using the term "coconut" and on another forum "choc ice"? Or is it ok for you to use racist language but not me?
    I admit using 'coconut' was OTT and wrong and I don't remember using 'choc ice' but you were justifying telling me to go to Pakistan only a few minutes ago!

The funny thing is I'm not. But you have 100% been racist in this thread.

The funny thing is I'm not. But you have 100% been racist in this thread.
    Cant believe you are denying it

I know I have posted this before but if anyone needs a reminder

https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/

I know I have posted this before but if anyone needs a reminder

https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/
    90% of black people murdered in the USA are murdered by another black person.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    90% of black people murdered in the USA are murdered by another black person.
    84% of white people murder victims in the USA are murdered by another white person.

What's your point?