+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 24 of 49 FirstFirst ... 141516171819202122232425262728293031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: Justice for George Floyd petition

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Justice for George Floyd petition

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    In Cardiff they may have observed social distance as numbers were controllable. In Manchester, where the rate of infection is already well above 1, and London it was mayhem.

1 man broke the rules and people have been screaming about it for weeks. Tens of thousands have broken the rules, a large proportion who were no doubt screaming about that 1 man and you think that’s great.

Let’s hope none of your friends or family die as a result or perhaps you can tell them on their death beds it’s for a good cause.

Sojev Labour MPs and its fans praise the demonstrators, one man goes to Durham, the world ends , hypocrisy at it's best.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Sojev Labour MPs and its fans praise the demonstrators, one man goes to Durham, the world ends , hypocrisy at it's best.
    Its laughable

Heisenberg

You're funny. Not in a 'laughing with you' kind of way, unfortunately for you.

Quote Originally Posted by adz-a32 View Post
    If I attended, you would criticise me, but because I didn’t, you are doing so again 🙄
    I’d have more respect for you if you were protesting. At least Delmbox got off his arse and practiced what he preaches.

I criticise you because you have been shouting loudest about the protests, championing them, yet refuse to concede the danger they possess in the current climate.

Then in the next breath you admit you haven’t protested personally for Covid reasons.

Virtue signalling at its finest.

I’d have more respect for you if you were protesting. At least Delmbox got off his arse and practiced what he preaches.

I criticise you because you have been shouting loudest about the protests, championing them, yet refuse to concede the danger they possess in the current climate.

Then in the next breath you admit you haven’t protested personally for Covid reasons.

Virtue signalling at its finest.
    You don't know about my life or my political activity, past or present, so don't comment

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    I've provided a link above, as JR said read it.

I'm not googling anything, if you make claims then you are the one who needs to back them up as I have done in this thread.

Well you can just look at the reasoning for the deaths, which is written out nicely for you and the ones you think were wrong you can point out to me. Note how the vast majority are terrorism or weapon related. This is not the US, we have our own issues with racism for sure, but it isn't the same and never will be the same as what's going on in America.

I know about the Cardiff 3, the fact it was decades ago (like I said) doesn't strengthen your point at all.
    You are a white bloke , as am I and the vast majority of us , despite cardiff being a very multi racial city

Cardiff has , as a city , a history of denying that it has a problem with racism

It most certainly does

Just because the framing of the cardiff 3 was several decades ago doesnt mean it wouldnt or couldn't happen again

This is an issue of race , the spark was the murder of this black guy in america but if you are saying we dont have a problem in this country you are doing it from a white perspective

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    You are a white bloke , as am I and the vast majority of us , despite cardiff being a very multi racial city

Cardiff has , as a city , a history of denying that it has a problem with racism

It most certainly does

Just because the framing of the cardiff 3 was several decades ago doesnt mean it wouldnt or couldn't happen again

This is an issue of race , the spark was the murder of this black guy in america but if you are saying we dont have a problem in this country you are doing it from a white perspective
    wasn't it the cardiff 5 ?

It most certainly does

No I clearly said we have issues, but they are not the same as what we see in America. If you want to talk about the issues then we can, but instead you're trying to import American issues (like black people being killed by police and custody deaths) when they do not apply here. Your sole argument is the cardiff 3, the fact you have to go back 3 decades says it all really.

If you're not going to actually address what I'm saying and instead put words in my mouth I won't bother

Cheers for sending the BBC article. It seems really detailed and reading the figures that you suggested seems interesting. Same with the Lammy Review section.

The case of Belly Mujinga has got a CPS review underway. I guess the discussion around her death is about equity and I agree that it is wrong of her boss to allow her to work in such a role, especially considering her pre-existing conditions
    Perhaps her boss was white and they can still pin the race card on him

13 black men actually. Read Llandafs link then come back. In the last 10 years there’s more chance of an arrested white person dying in custody.
    I have , we live in a predominantly white country

Most people arrested in this country are white

You don't know about my life or my political activity, past or present, so don't comment
    I don’t want to know, you’re not that significant.

However, what I do know is you’ve been run thumping the protest drum yet you don’t show up to protest yourself.

Laughable.

I don’t want to know, you’re not that significant.

However, what I do know is you’ve been run thumping the protest drum yet you don’t show up to protest yourself.

Laughable.
    I didn't go to the protest because of COVID reasons and any more details would be more personal than I would want to post in public. Again, you don't know about my life so shut up

Thank god for that , white arrests mean something .

And white peoples 25% more likely to be killed in police custody.

Read the numbers Slugs. Facts not your hypotheticals based on the 80s and 90s.

Jump in the Delorean and ask Doc Brown to bring you back 2020 ffs.

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    Yep :

On 22 November 1990 three of the five accused were found guilty of White's murder. Tony Paris, Yusef Abdullahi and Stephen Miller – who became known as the "Cardiff*Three" – were each sentenced to life imprisonment. Cousins Ronnie and John Actie were acquitted of the murder; both had spent two years in custody.

Nice fellas the Actie's

Yep :

On 22 November 1990 three of the five accused were found guilty of White's murder. Tony Paris, Yusef Abdullahi and Stephen Miller – who became known as the "Cardiff*Three" – were each sentenced to life imprisonment. Cousins Ronnie and John Actie were acquitted of the murder; both had spent two years in custody.

Nice fellas the Actie's
    i have mentioned before on here i was in school with Lynette White and used to sit next to me in welsh lessons and always pains me what happened to her .

I didn't go to the protest because of COVID reasons and any more details would be more personal than I would want to post in public. Again, you don't know about my life so shut up
    Laughable

5 black men were charged with murder , 3 convicted

Then 3 released

And the police officers involved were all given a big fat pension

Of course it wouldnt happen again

Of course not

Yep :

Nice fellas the Actie's
    Shreds. Good podcast. Horrific behaviour from corrupt police. Thankfully we’ve made great strides in the last 10/20 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    You're funny. Not in a 'laughing with you' kind of way, unfortunately for you.
    Still hypocrisy

Heisenberg

Still hypocrisy
    Except that it isn't.

Unless, of course, the protestors drove 250 miles whilst having a passenger with Covid symptoms in the car, then drove a further 60 mile round trip on their spouses birthday, then blatently lied about the reasons for their journey, attempted to gaslight an entire nation, undermined the Govt. policy and treated the British public as idiots - all because they're untouchable thanks to the protection they get from the Prime Minister and his cabinet.

... or were they protesting for better civil rights and the only rule they were breaking in current lockdown in England be the social distancing one?

I hope I've connected the dots for you enough, LoM. Please let me know if you would like me to explain it in a way that my 4 year old would understand

If you like podcasts listen to the Shreds one about the Cardiff 5. Fascinating stuff.

Shreds. Good podcast. Horrific behaviour from corrupt police. Thankfully we’ve made great strides in the last 10/20 years.

Indeed Cardiff and its policing should be proud of how its moved on, a few cities could learn a thing or two from us

If you like podcasts listen to the Shreds one about the Cardiff 5. Fascinating stuff.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Fitted-Card.../dp/0952732505

Cracking book

Looks like it’s written by sineinse though? Not a fan of biography’s tbh.

The podcasts are told by the lads involved. John Actie and Tony Paris mainly. I used to listen to it when I was out running last summer.