+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 26 of 53 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: Justice for George Floyd petition

Re: Justice for George Floyd petition

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    How long ago was the Cardiff 3?
    I copper working with south wales police once said that to me as if it was a defence and of course it wouldnt happen today

If you want to believe that then feel free

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    A time and a place, you have seen that the current situation with Covid19 means this is not the time

but i know people will say " strike while the iron is hot " is the reason, but the responsible action is to wait
    It is a sticky one tbh. But action can be done, via virtual protests, writing to your local MP, signing petitions and keeping informed of the dynamics of the world and the context behind said dynamics

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Why would the pro brexit lot protest today ? They already have their way

Feelings are running high about an outrage that is happening NOW

In cardiff today people of all colours observed social distancing and were peaceful

Who the feck is pritti patel ? One of her governments chief advisers broke the lockdown , a black man has been murdered and people are pissed off , if cummings can ponce about all over the country then people can protest in cardiff
    In Cardiff they may have observed social distance as numbers were controllable. In Manchester, where the rate of infection is already well above 1, and London it was mayhem.

1 man broke the rules and people have been screaming about it for weeks. Tens of thousands have broken the rules, a large proportion who were no doubt screaming about that 1 man and you think that’s great.

Let’s hope none of your friends or family die as a result or perhaps you can tell them on their death beds it’s for a good cause.

I copper working with south wales police once said that to me as if it was a defence and of course it wouldnt happen today

If you want to believe that then feel free
    How long ago was it please?

In Cardiff they may have observed social distance as numbers were controllable. In Manchester, where the rate of infection is already well above 1, and London it was mayhem.

1 man broke the rules and people have been screaming about it for weeks. Tens of thousands have broken the rules, a large proportion who were no doubt screaming about that 1 man and you think that’s great.

Let’s hope none of your friends or family die as a result or perhaps you can tell them on their death beds it’s for a good cause.

Sojev Labour MPs and its fans praise the demonstrators, one man goes to Durham, the world ends , hypocrisy at it's best.

Quote Originally Posted by adz-a32 View Post
    If I attended, you would criticise me, but because I didn’t, you are doing so again 🙄
    I’d have more respect for you if you were protesting. At least Delmbox got off his arse and practiced what he preaches.

I criticise you because you have been shouting loudest about the protests, championing them, yet refuse to concede the danger they possess in the current climate.

Then in the next breath you admit you haven’t protested personally for Covid reasons.

Virtue signalling at its finest.

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    I've provided a link above, as JR said read it.

I'm not googling anything, if you make claims then you are the one who needs to back them up as I have done in this thread.

Well you can just look at the reasoning for the deaths, which is written out nicely for you and the ones you think were wrong you can point out to me. Note how the vast majority are terrorism or weapon related. This is not the US, we have our own issues with racism for sure, but it isn't the same and never will be the same as what's going on in America.

I know about the Cardiff 3, the fact it was decades ago (like I said) doesn't strengthen your point at all.
    You are a white bloke , as am I and the vast majority of us , despite cardiff being a very multi racial city

Cardiff has , as a city , a history of denying that it has a problem with racism

It most certainly does

Just because the framing of the cardiff 3 was several decades ago doesnt mean it wouldnt or couldn't happen again

This is an issue of race , the spark was the murder of this black guy in america but if you are saying we dont have a problem in this country you are doing it from a white perspective

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Sojev Labour MPs and its fans praise the demonstrators, one man goes to Durham, the world ends , hypocrisy at it's best.
    Its laughable

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    Bringing awareness to what exactly? That when you actually break down that number it isn't very significant?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/52890363

The case of Belly Mujinga is tragic, but I am baffled as to why you think it's a racism one. The anger should be at her employer for allowing her to work despite her underlying conditions. When the spitter was tested for antibodies, it came back negative (https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-52853859), so again, the anger should be at her worker for allowing her to remain in a customer facing role. Strangely that case works against your justification for protests because there will likely be more people out there who will get this virus and die directly because of these protests.
    Cheers for sending the BBC article. It seems really detailed and reading the figures that you suggested seems interesting. Same with the Lammy Review section.

The case of Belly Mujinga has got a CPS review underway. I guess the discussion around her death is about equity and I agree that it is wrong of her boss to allow her to work in such a role, especially considering her pre-existing conditions

I’d have more respect for you if you were protesting. At least Delmbox got off his arse and practiced what he preaches.

I criticise you because you have been shouting loudest about the protests, championing them, yet refuse to concede the danger they possess in the current climate.

Then in the next breath you admit you haven’t protested personally for Covid reasons.

Virtue signalling at its finest.
    You don't know about my life or my political activity, past or present, so don't comment

Cheers for sending the BBC article. It seems really detailed and reading the figures that you suggested seems interesting. Same with the Lammy Review section.

The case of Belly Mujinga has got a CPS review underway. I guess the discussion around her death is about equity and I agree that it is wrong of her boss to allow her to work in such a role, especially considering her pre-existing conditions
    Perhaps her boss was white and they can still pin the race card on him

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    In fairness while it’s no where near as bad in this country I think you were more likely to be stopped and searched it you weren’t white.

But I agree trying to put ours on the levels of the US definitely undermines it.
    I think it's something crazy like 9x more likely to be searched if you're black, I don't know how effective it has been but the idea of racial profiling never sat with me. Feels like it would cause more distrust with the police rather than tackling the issues. Glasgow had a bad problem with knives back in the mid 2000s and their approach was centered around the issues which led to knife crime rather than just taking it off them and locking them up. It worked well there

Heisenberg

You're funny. Not in a 'laughing with you' kind of way, unfortunately for you.

13 black men actually. Read Llandafs link then come back. In the last 10 years there’s more chance of an arrested white person dying in custody.
    I have , we live in a predominantly white country

Most people arrested in this country are white

You don't know about my life or my political activity, past or present, so don't comment
    I don’t want to know, you’re not that significant.

However, what I do know is you’ve been run thumping the protest drum yet you don’t show up to protest yourself.

Laughable.

You are a white bloke , as am I and the vast majority of us , despite cardiff being a very multi racial city

Cardiff has , as a city , a history of denying that it has a problem with racism

It most certainly does

Just because the framing of the cardiff 3 was several decades ago doesnt mean it wouldnt or couldn't happen again

This is an issue of race , the spark was the murder of this black guy in america but if you are saying we dont have a problem in this country you are doing it from a white perspective
    wasn't it the cardiff 5 ?

I don’t want to know, you’re not that significant.

However, what I do know is you’ve been run thumping the protest drum yet you don’t show up to protest yourself.

Laughable.
    I didn't go to the protest because of COVID reasons and any more details would be more personal than I would want to post in public. Again, you don't know about my life so shut up

It most certainly does

No I clearly said we have issues, but they are not the same as what we see in America. If you want to talk about the issues then we can, but instead you're trying to import American issues (like black people being killed by police and custody deaths) when they do not apply here. Your sole argument is the cardiff 3, the fact you have to go back 3 decades says it all really.

If you're not going to actually address what I'm saying and instead put words in my mouth I won't bother

Thank god for that , white arrests mean something .

And white peoples 25% more likely to be killed in police custody.

Read the numbers Slugs. Facts not your hypotheticals based on the 80s and 90s.

Jump in the Delorean and ask Doc Brown to bring you back 2020 ffs.

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    Yep :

On 22 November 1990 three of the five accused were found guilty of White's murder. Tony Paris, Yusef Abdullahi and Stephen Miller – who became known as the "Cardiff*Three" – were each sentenced to life imprisonment. Cousins Ronnie and John Actie were acquitted of the murder; both had spent two years in custody.

Nice fellas the Actie's

I think the reopening is because of public pressure, unless they find her boss kept her in work because he hates black people then I don't think much will come from it. Definitely a case of negligence but it doesn't feel right to use it as an example for a civil rights movement.

I didn't go to the protest because of COVID reasons and any more details would be more personal than I would want to post in public. Again, you don't know about my life so shut up
    Laughable

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    5 black men were charged with murder , 3 convicted

Then 3 released

And the police officers involved were all given a big fat pension

Of course it wouldnt happen again

Of course not

Yep :

On 22 November 1990 three of the five accused were found guilty of White's murder. Tony Paris, Yusef Abdullahi and Stephen Miller – who became known as the "Cardiff*Three" – were each sentenced to life imprisonment. Cousins Ronnie and John Actie were acquitted of the murder; both had spent two years in custody.

Nice fellas the Actie's
    Shreds. Good podcast. Horrific behaviour from corrupt police. Thankfully we’ve made great strides in the last 10/20 years.