+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 40 of 53 FirstFirst ... 303132333435363738394041424344454647484950 ... LastLast
Results 976 to 1,000 of 1323

Thread: Justice for George Floyd petition

Heisenberg

Re: Justice for George Floyd petition

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    And 'he' isn't about to read a dry 23 page document for the sake of a bit of football message board banter either
    You only had to read one paragraph, ya gimp

International

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    You only had to read one paragraph, ya gimp
    That's not very polite is it? There's no need for rudeness. I'm deeply offended !!!!!!!!!

Heisenberg

That's not very polite is it? There's no need for rudeness. I'm deeply offended !!!!!!!!!
    The offense on here has become a pandemic!

Quote Originally Posted by adz-a32 View Post
    You guys can sign it in the link. No post/zip code needed.

It is so sad that another person of colour died from police brutality in America. Aren't the police meant to protect the citizens? Instead of using disproportionate force? This should not be happening in the first place but the best thing we can do now is to make those who abuse their powers accountable.

https://www.justiceforbigfloyd.com/#petition
    George floyd was one vile individual. I wonder if you would support this petition if he had held a weapon to the stomach of your pregnant sister or wife? I'm not one to believe in karma but on this occasion karma came for him

International

The offense on here has become a pandemic!
    Offence is the best form of defence, thats why???

Oh Tommy, Tommy.
    Tommy, Tommy, Tommy Robinson.

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    I think that is the point. I thought you were saying that people would have choice so what is the problem. Sorry if I misunderstood.

As I said in another thread further problems come for Northern Ireland as they will still be subject to the same food standards as the rest of Ireland (ie the EUs) and customs checks on behalf of the EU will take place on goods between two parts of the UK to ensure these standards are met and produce banned in the EU does not get into the single market.

Similarly chicken produce exported to the rest of the EU from the UK will need a certificate of origin or risk being subjected to additional border checks if this is not available. Problem is the UK government has already warned these certificates may not be available and exports could be rejected.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/poultry-...-leaves-the-eu

The UK government will issue certificates, however they may not be available from 1 January 2021. You can either export poultry meat to the EU without a certificate or remove optional indications.

To do this you must remove all optional indications from any:

packaging
    labelling
    accompanying documentation
    If you export without a certificate, your goods may be delayed or rejected at an EU border.

Still we hold all the cards so it will probably be all ok
    Very informative post

Heisenberg

Offence is the best form of defence, thats why???
    I've just realised that my autocorrect changed my spelling of offence to the Americanised spelling. *Spits on the floor* I'm offended by that.

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    George floyd was one vile individual. I wonder if you would support this petition if he had held a weapon to the stomach of your pregnant sister or wife? I'm not one to believe in karma but on this occasion karma came for him
    Does someone being a vile individual mean the police should be allowed to kill them?

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Hill View Post
    Oh Tommy, Tommy.
    Tommy, Tommy, Tommy Robinson.
    He's great isn't he. I like his slapstick comedy to be fair.

Have you seen the video when he's acting hard then starts retreating from some massive Muslim blokes and ends up falling up a curb?

Classic Tommy

Heisenberg

Does anybody want to start a "Justice for the Chickens" petition?

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Does someone being a vile individual mean the police should be allowed to kill them?
    In his case he's just as vile as the cop who did it. scum of the earth if it was your wife or sister etc that he had threatened you wouldn't have the same tune.

International

I've just realised that my autocorrect changed my spelling of offence to the Americanised spelling. *Spits on the floor* I'm offended by that.
    My laptop uses US spellings all the time even when set to English UK but I'm on to it now, the sneaky thing!

International

Ask Judge Dredd! He is the law!

In his case he's just as vile as the cop who did it. scum of the earth if it was your wife or sister etc that he had threatened you wouldn't have the same tune.
    I agree if he'd done it to my family I might have a different tune, that's why justice isn't handed out by victims because it isn't usually fair or appropriate.

Do you think police should be allowed to kill people in the street without a trial just because they're "vile"?

I agree if he'd done it to my family I might have a different tune, that's why justice isn't handed out by victims because it isn't usually fair or appropriate.

Do you think police should be allowed to kill people in the street without a trial just because they're "vile"?
    Very fair point

The 5 men charged with the horrific murder of lynette white in butetown were known to the police

They had convictions

Some would say some of their activity was vile . The boyfriend of lynette white was her pimp and a drug dealer

He , along with 4 others were charged with her murder , a crime they didnt commit

Should we have a society where bad or vile people should be punished for something they didnt do ?

Or in the George floyd case killed for being dodgy ?

The difference is floyd is not a person who will be going on trial for murder

Hes dead , hes not a murderer

But that police offer may well be

You're questioning a metaphor though.

You might as well have said "Killing black people isn't even a virus/disease so it couldn't be a "pandemic" in the first place".
    I think we both know that she wasn't using a metaphor! The clip was used because it plays into the current media hysteria.

BTW I am offended that you did not apologise for saying that you suspected I hadn't listened to the whole clip.

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    I think we both know that she wasn't using a metaphor! The clip was used because it plays into the current media hysteria.

BTW I am offended that you did not apologise for saying that you suspected I hadn't listened to the whole clip.
    Do you seriously not think that's a metaphor?

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post

I don't think I know how to respond to that. I couldn't disagree more with your interpretation of it and using terms like "media hysteria" makes me think she could have said anything about current events and you would have taken umbrage.

BTW I'm still not convinced you'd listened to the clip at the time of posting

International

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Very fair point

The 5 men charged with the horrific murder of lynette white in butetown were known to the police

They had convictions

Some would say some of their activity was vile . The boyfriend of lynette white was her pimp and a drug dealer

He , along with 4 others were charged with her murder , a crime they didnt commit

Should we have a society where bad or vile people should be punished for something they didnt do ?

Or in the George floyd case killed for being dodgy ?
    But can't we just punish them for being bad and vile people?

But can't we just punish them for being bad and vile people?
    Totally agree

If someone robs a shop at gunpoint they have committed a serious crime , several years behind bars I would imagine is the sentence mr x

But I wouldnt want that person to be given a life sentence for murder if they hadn't murdered someone , they had robbed someone

A nasty crime that deserves punishment for sure but it isnt murder

International

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Totally agree

If someone robs a shop at gunpoint they have committed a serious crime , several years behind bars I would imagine is the sentence mr x

But I wouldnt want that person to be given a life sentence for murder if they hadn't murdered someone , they had robbed someone

A nasty crime that deserves punishment for sure but it isnt murder
    Actually the maximum sentence for robbery is 14 years and for armed robbery (with as firearm or weapon of offence ) is life imprisonment. That will do for me! and so called 'mugging' is in fact armed robbery just dressed up by namby pambys to make it look like a more trivial offence. Start giving them life sentences it might make the think twice!

Actually the maximum sentence for robbery is 14 years and for armed robbery (with as firearm or weapon of offence ) is life imprisonment. That will do for me! and so called 'mugging' is in fact armed robbery just dressed up by namby pambys to make it look like a more trivial offence. Start giving them life sentences it might make the think twice!
    But you know and I know that an armed robber is unlikely to get 25 years to life

But a murderer probably will