+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 41 of 53 FirstFirst ... 313233343536373839404142434445464748495051 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,025 of 1323

Thread: Justice for George Floyd petition

International

Re: Justice for George Floyd petition

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    But you know and I know that an armed robber is unlikely to get 25 years to life

But a murderer probably will
    I'm not talking about what they do get with so called 'Tarrifs' but what they should get.
    The great train robbers got 30 years! and except for 1 idiot they were actually quite well behaved during the heist.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    I'm not talking about what they do get with so called 'Tarrifs' but what they should get.
    The great train robbers got 30 years! and except for 1 idiot they were actually quite well behaved during the heist.
    Do you think someone convicted of murder should spend the rest of their life behind bars ?

A woman who was beaten by her husband eventually knifed him and was convicted of murder because she went out and bought a knife

It took years to get her out . Do you think she should still be in prison ?

International

Do you think someone convicted of murder should spend the rest of their life behind bars ?

A woman who was beaten by her husband eventually knifed him and was convicted of murder because she went out and bought a knife

It took years to get her out . Do you think she should still be in prison ?
    Every case has its own points to consider! In her case she clearly showed premeditation. If she had stabbed him in the kitchen with the bread knife during a fight it would look a whole lot different.
    Do you think a young thug who "Mugs" and old lady at knife point for her pension deserves to get a slap on the wrist or probation or something?

International

The difference is floyd is not a person who will be going on trial for murder

Hes dead , hes not a murderer

But that police offer may well be
    Nelson Mandella was!

Every case has its own points to consider! In her case she clearly showed premeditation. If she had stabbed him in the kitchen with the bread knife during a fight it would look a whole lot different.
    Do you think a young thug who "Mugs" and old lady at knife point for her pension deserves to get a slap on the wrist or probation or something?
    I think we can all agree though none of these crimes should end with a policeman kneeling on someone's neck for 8 minutes until they did. Espcially if the person has already served their time.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    I think we can all agree though none of these crimes should end with a policeman kneeling on someone's neck for 8 minutes until they did. Espcially if the person has already served their time.
    Without a doubt. But sludge is now bringing up other things to justify lenience of sentencing. The must be a counter-balance.

Without a doubt. But sludge is now bringing up other things to justify lenience of sentencing. The must be a counter-balance.
    As you said though each case is taken as it comes. Some cases there are good reasons for a more lenient sentence, for others their aren't.

In the case of George Floyd he served his time for what he did then got killed by the police for using a fake $20 bill. There are no ways of excusing that no matter how "vile" someone is considered.

International

As you said though each case is taken as it comes. Some cases there are good reasons for a more lenient sentence, for others their aren't.

In the case of George Floyd he served his time for what he did then got killed by the police for using a fake $20 bill. There are no ways of excusing that no matter how "vile" someone is considered.
    I already agree with you on that. I don't think he got killed for passing the bill, I think he got killed for knowing the policeman. But that's just my personal opinion

Certainly not , I would send him to a young offenders institution , its serious crime

She had suffered years of abuse and violence . She snapped and went and got a knife . Life means life ?

I already agree with you on that. I don't think he got killed for passing the bill, I think he got killed for knowing the policeman. But that's just my personal opinion
    Would it excuse it if he knew him?

Have you got any evidence that he knew the guy? The only place I've seen it mentioned it on here.

Im not quite sure just knowing a policeman is worthy of death by asphyxiation to be fair.

International

Certainly not , I would send him to a young offenders institution , its serious crime

She had suffered years of abuse and violence . She snapped and went and got a knife . Life means life ?
    The point for the woman is that she deliberately went out and purchased a knife to kill him with. in law that is a perfect demonstration of intent and malice aforethought. As I said if she had stabbed him with a pre-owned knife in the kitchen it would have been entirely different.
    Why put the thug in a young offenders place, you don't know his age? Are are you assuming all muggers are too young to go to prison?

International

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Im not quite sure just knowing a policeman is worthy of death by asphyxiation to be fair.
    Well perhaps my reply may have been a tad to simplistic!!!!

Very fair point

The 5 men charged with the horrific murder of lynette white in butetown were known to the police

They had convictions

Some would say some of their activity was vile . The boyfriend of lynette white was her pimp and a drug dealer

He , along with 4 others were charged with her murder , a crime they didnt commit

Should we have a society where bad or vile people should be punished for something they didnt do ?

Or in the George floyd case killed for being dodgy ?
    And Marty is back to 1990. Why do you insist on bringing it all back to the Lynette White case?

She was murdered in 1988. 32 years ago. It has absolutely no relevance to modern day society.

And also her boyfriend had the mental capacity of a child, he was hardly Huggy Bear.

The point for the woman is that she deliberately went out and purchased a knife to kill him with. in law that is a perfect demonstration of intent and malice aforethought. As I said if she had stabbed him with a pre-owned knife in the kitchen it would have been entirely different.
    Why put the thug in a young offenders place, you don't know his age? Are are you assuming all muggers are too young to go to prison?
    He probably thinks Borstal still exists mun. Hes stuck in the past.

Have you got any evidence that he knew the guy? The only place I've seen it mentioned it on here.
    Lucky you. Weve got Splott Dai next door with his conspiracy theories banging on about the cop killing floyd because they knew each other and were involved in organised crime. Youre not Splotty are you Snaggles??

International

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-52977088

Band wagon politics or what? How many years has he had to do this?

Strike while the iron is hot I suppose. Especially if you have to get elected, doesn’t hurt to do something that’s currently popular.

International

Lucky you. Weve got Splott Dai next door with his conspiracy theories banging on about the cop killing floyd because they knew each other and were involved in organised crime. Youre not Splotty are you Snaggles??
    If I was I wouldn't be telling you, lol.

International

Strike while the iron is hot I suppose. Especially if you have to get elected, doesn’t hurt to do something that’s currently popular.
    That's about right. At least the Mayor of Bristol was honest enough when he said he had more important things to do.

International

I am only going on reports that they worked at the same nightclub, anecdotal evidence that retells that the cop was tipped offf about the guy when he started working there. And I seem to recall hearing that the cop was sacked from the job.

The decolonisation movement has been active for years

Nelson Mandella was!
    He was convicted by a white jury in a land where he was denied civil rights and his people were forced to work in hard labour or as servants for their white masters and then sent to live in poverty ridden townships

It's been argued he was a freedom fighter

International

He was convicted by a white jury in a land where he was denied civil rights and his people were forced to work in hard labour or as servants for their white masters and then sent to live in poverty ridden townships

It's been argued he was a freedom fighter
    But he was still a murder, and all the people he actually killed were non-white. Murder is murder how ever you dress it up. If I said Begim was a murderer you would not hesitate to agree with me.

And Marty is back to 1990. Why do you insist on bringing it all back to the Lynette White case?

She was murdered in 1988. 32 years ago. It has absolutely no relevance to modern day society.

And also her boyfriend had the mental capacity of a child, he was hardly Huggy Bear.
    It's one of Britain's most notorious miscarriages of justice and police corruption . It happened in cardiff. T

It might not be relevant to you but it's certainly relevant in butetown where most of the people are black , unlike you and me and where 3 black men were fitted up

Hillsborough happened a long time ago , do you think that has no relevance to today's society ?

Stephen Miller's learning difficulties were one of the reasons why the police targeted him and forced a signed confession

Innocent !