+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 42 of 53 FirstFirst ... 323334353637383940414243444546474849505152 ... LastLast
Results 1,026 to 1,050 of 1323

Thread: Justice for George Floyd petition

Re: Justice for George Floyd petition

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    He probably thinks Borstal still exists mun. Hes stuck in the past.
    Talking of the past hurry up and bring up that post where I said the racism against chinese people was nothing in the grand scheme of things

I think I will be here till xmas

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    But he was still a murder, and all the people he actually killed were non-white. Murder is murder how ever you dress it up. If I said Begim was a murderer you would not hesitate to agree with me.
    I think it's a little bit more nuanced than that tbh. Do you think anyone who has ever killed someone is a murderer?

Heisenberg

That's about right. At least the Mayor of Bristol was honest enough when he said he had more important things to do.
    I can't find a quote attributed to him that comes close to that. Bit of help, xsnaggle?

You'll also be pleased to hear that the Cardiff Council leader and the Lord Mayor have called for the removal of the statue of Thomas Picton from City Hall.

It's a pandemic!

Any Churchill statues in Cardiff or Wales ?

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    It's one of Britain's most notorious miscarriages of justice and police corruption . It happened in cardiff. T

It might not be relevant to you but it's certainly relevant in butetown where most of the people are black , unlike you and me and where 3 black men were fitted up

Hillsborough happened a long time ago , do you think that has no relevance to today's society ?

Stephen Miller's learning difficulties were one of the reasons why the police targeted him and forced a signed confession

Innocent !
    No, Hillsborough has no relevance to todays society. In terms of attending football matches it has never been safer. Lessons were learned and we evolve as a society.

Society in 2020 is a completely different one to 1990. Take off the Barkers Baggies and get with the times.

No, Hillsborough has no relevance to todays society. In terms of attending football matches it has never been safer. Lessons were learned and we evolve as a society.

Society in 2020 is a completely different one to 1990. Take off the Barkers Baggies and get with the times.
    Doesn't that make Hillsborough very relevant? All the safety comes directly from that. After other tragedies like Bradford, nothing changed.

talking of barkers baggies, what was the shirt most used to were, i claudious was it ( or something like that )

And Marty is back to 1990. Why do you insist on bringing it all back to the Lynette White case?

She was murdered in 1988. 32 years ago. It has absolutely no relevance to modern day society.

And also her boyfriend had the mental capacity of a child, he was hardly Huggy Bear.
    Not sure no relevance to modern day society is correct, I watched the OJ documentary on iPlayer the other day and OJs crowd was all saying payback payback after the court case, when it was put to a civil rights activist that the court case was payback for a recent (at the time) infamous beating he said payback not just for that but the last 400 years.

Remove every statue and building I say , they just attract pigeon shit and traffic cones .

I'm not talking about what they do get with so called 'Tarrifs' but what they should get.
    The great train robbers got 30 years! and except for 1 idiot they were actually quite well behaved during the heist.
    Should attempted murder be treated the same as murder ?

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by trampie09 View Post
    Yes. Being shit at murdering shouldn't get you off the hook.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Exactly.

depends on who murders who and for what reason , if its a protester of a fine cause one may find a different outcome for a killing .

Every case has its own points to consider! In her case she clearly showed premeditation. If she had stabbed him in the kitchen with the bread knife during a fight it would look a whole lot different.
    Do you think a young thug who "Mugs" and old lady at knife point for her pension deserves to get a slap on the wrist or probation or something?
    Young thug....hmm, shouldn't the parents of the young thug go to jail ?

Trampie and life on mars working the same shift again I see

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    depends on who murders who and for what reason , if its a protester of a fine cause one may find a different outcome for a killing .
    I don't understand what you mean ?

Heisenberg

I don't understand what you mean ?
    Neither does he.

So is there no Churchill statue in Cardiff ?

Heisenberg

There might be an Admiral one outside their building. Hope that helps.

International

What has he got to do with this?

International

There might be an Admiral one outside their building. Hope that helps.
    Yes, out there by the royal london society

Heisenberg

Yes, out there by the royal london society
    Oi! You should be busy finding the quote from the Mayor of Bristol that I asked you for. Stop slacking and get back to work.

International

Oi! You should be busy finding the quote from the Mayor of Bristol that I asked you for. Stop slacking and get back to work.
    I never saw that, sorry. It was a live interview on BBC news,don't know if its recoverable but may be on Iplayer.

International

If a person kills somebody but the victim takes longer than 1 year and 1 day to die then the assailant can only be charged with GBH, as the statute of limitations considers that the victim after such a time may have died from some other unknown cause. I think attempted murder carries the same maximum penalty but with the tariff system in reality the assailant would probably get less.

It reminds me of the case of the yorkshire ripper. He was charged with something like 15 counts of murder and one of attempted murder.
    He tried to cop a plea which the judge threw out without consideration. He wanted to plead guilty to 15 counts of manslaughter, (meaning he meant to hurt or restrain them but not to kill them and that the deaths were an unforeseeable result) and 1 count of attempted murder (as there is no such thing as attempted manslaughter).
    The judge said it was unreasonable to suppose that on the 15 occasions he did not mean to kill his victims he did accidentally kill them and that on the occasion he did intend to kill her he failed!!

I don't think I know how to respond to that. I couldn't disagree more with your interpretation of it and using terms like "media hysteria" makes me think she could have said anything about current events and you would have taken umbrage.

BTW I'm still not convinced you'd listened to the clip at the time of posting
    OK, that’s your interpretation. I have a different one, sorry. I understand a metaphor to be a figure of speech in which a word or phrase literally denoting one kind of object or idea is used in place of another to suggest a likeness or analogy between them e.g. rivers of tears or drowning in money.

IMO the use of the word pandemic is not a metaphor in this instance. There is no likeness or analogy between the killing of people by racist white policemen and the killing of people by COVID 19 virus. The use of the term pandemic in these emotionally charged times implies some kind of mass slaughter of black people by the police.