+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jonathan Van Tam.................

Jonathan Van Tam.................

has just become my favourite out of the scientists and doctors that appear at the daily briefings, he's just said he's a Boston United season ticket holder and is wearing a yellow and black (Boston's colours) tie - he's a proper football fan!

Re: Jonathan Van Tam.................

He also said this re Cummings

“The rules are clear & they have always been clear
    They are for the benefit of us all & they apply to all”

Lad.

Seems like he may have just said something "off message" about Dominic Cummings as well - he's gone up further in my opinion if that's true, but it might be that we won't be seeing him at one of these briefings again!

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    has just become my favourite out of the scientists and doctors that appear at the daily briefings, he's just said he's a Boston United season ticket holder and is wearing a yellow and black (Boston's colours) tie - he's a proper football fan!
    Yep. Nice one Van Tam....the new Van Dam, as posted elsewhere. We might not see him again at the podium after his comment that "the rules apply to everyone". A big dig at the government and the Cummings affair.

Well said JVT.

Pleased Boris didn’t have the final word on this during the briefing.

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

For interest Van-Tam's grandfather was Nguyễn Văn Tâm, nicknamed the Tiger of Cai Lậy, who served as Prime Minister of the State of Vietnam, and his uncle was Nguyễn Văn Hinh, chief of staff of the Vietnamese National Army and the first Vietnamese officer in the French Armed Forces to be promoted to the rank of general.

As the family were on the wrong side ie the losing one, the family left the country and came west.

Don’t know why the family chose the UK when France seems the most clear choice

its worrying the scientists are slowly distancing themselves from this easing of lockdown

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    its worrying the scientists are slowly distancing themselves from this easing of lockdown

It's a political decision, not a scientific one.

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    It's a political decision, not a scientific one.
    England did it, then Scotland did it and then the biggest drip that’s ever dropped Drakeford decided to copy as he hasn’t got a clue either.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    England did it, then Scotland did it and then the biggest drip that’s ever dropped Drakeford decided to copy as he hasn’t got a clue either.
    Did what?

Banned

In my opinion the only "Vans" worth watching were
    Jean claude van damme
    Rob van dam
    Pierre van hooidonk
    Marco van basten.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Seems like he may have just said something "off message" about Dominic Cummings as well - he's gone up further in my opinion if that's true, but it might be that we won't be seeing him at one of these briefings again!
    it was good to see one of them answer a question at last before being over answered or cut off by the minister on duty that day, good on him, but i too have a feeling the women will be sent out in the foreseeable future

Quote Originally Posted by nugent View Post
    Jean claude van damme
    Rob van dam
    Pierre van hooidonk
    Marco van basten.
    What about Randy VanWarmer? Considering my recent purchase I may buy one for next winter.....

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    What about Randy VanWarmer? Considering my recent purchase I may buy one for next winter.....
    And "Transits", they were good in their day

Quote Originally Posted by poc View Post
    it was good to see one of them answer a question at last before being over answered or cut off by the minister on duty that day, good on him, but i too have a feeling the women will be sent out in the foreseeable future
    Agreed, all the women are firmly on message; they probably don't want to be knocked off their perches. That Jennie Harris is hideous, she shapeshifts, contorts and contradicts herself in order to chime with any government message

International

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    And "Transits", they were good in their day
    But transit weren't very permanent were they?

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    But transit weren't very permanent were they?
    No you're right, I think they've van...ished.

Agreed, all the women are firmly on message; they probably don't want to be knocked off their perches. That Jennie Harris is hideous, she shapeshifts, contorts and contradicts herself in order to chime with any government message
    shee agrees the guy in the middle is bloody useless may only have been sent to sell the raffle tickets

International

Quote Originally Posted by poc View Post
    shee agrees the guy in the middle is bloody useless may only have been sent to sell the raffle tickets
    Second division wheeled out at the weekend unless there is something very special to say. but second division is I suppose better than nothing which is what the Welsh government offers at weekends.

He reminds me of Penfold off dangermouse

I disagree. Jenny Harries and Jonathan Van Tam are the two best communicators of the "experts" who attend these press conferences. You get far more information from the "experts" than the politicians.

I think Jenny Harries agreeing with Jonathan Van Tam's views which effectively sticks the knife into Cummings is hardly consistent with chiming with the government message.

Quote Originally Posted by nugent View Post
    Jean claude van damme
    Rob van dam
    Pierre van hooidonk
    Marco van basten.
    And the famous Dutch full backs Hertz Van Rental and Barry Van Hire.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    I disagree. Jenny Harries and Jonathan Van Tam are the two best communicators of the "experts" who attend these press conferences. You get far more information from the "experts" than the politicians.

I think Jenny Harries agreeing with Jonathan Van Tam's views which effectively sticks the knife into Cummings is hardly consistent with chiming with the government message.
    https://www.theguardian.com/politics...olating-durham

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Leave him alone he'll catch up eventually , he was always last in the sack race at school .