+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: who had one of these

who had one of these

Re: who had one of these

Me from 1959/60ish, still have a few in a box somewhere, the season tickets were issued in that hard cover booklet style for a while from then.

Mine said Canton Stand, I seem to remember it was green but I could easily be wrong. The tickets we’re basically a number, but the match number was always picked at random, presumably to make lending your season ticket out more difficult. I don’t miss those wooden benches one bit.

Not me. That was my first year as a season ticket holder. I was in Block C of the Grandstand. Pretty sure mine was blue.

I’ve got 6 of those all different colours

Quote Originally Posted by Toggs View Post
    Mine said Canton Stand, I seem to remember it was green but I could easily be wrong. The tickets we’re basically a number, but the match number was always picked at random, presumably to make lending your season ticket out more difficult. I don’t miss those wooden benches one bit.
    I have a few for The Canton Stand (early 60s) and I think they are all dark brown.

You’re probably right, 1976/77 was my first season ticket, my memory doesn’t really stretch back that far with any accuracy. I do recall The u16s ticket said “Boys Ticket” on it, which really annoyed my friend’s sister who used to come with us.

Selling 'golden goal' tickets and getting free admission to the canton stand was cheaper...