+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Midsommar

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Midsommar

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Yes, I thought it was pretty good overall, but Anya Taylor-Joy was excellent. Incredibly, that was her first film. She's also excellent in Morgan, Split and Marrowbone. Very distinctive-looking girl, really good actress.
    Yeah I really enjoyed that. I worked on a film called The Ritual which is on Netlfix which has elements in common with Midsommar, wouldn't say it's as good though

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Yeah I really enjoyed that. I worked on a film called The Ritual which is on Netlfix which has elements in common with Midsommar, wouldn't say it's as good though
    This is going to sound really daft: I bought Ritual on DVD when it came out because I hated the book.

I liked the premise of the book and was looking forward to reading it. It started well enough, but it got worse and worse as it went along and by the end it was absolutely terrible.

The DVD came out within a few weeks of me finishing the book and, having spotted it in HMV, I was determined to see what the director and producers had made of it. The film was by no means great, but it was more enjoyable than the book.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    This is going to sound really daft: I bought Ritual on DVD when it came out because I hated the book.

I liked the premise of the book and was looking forward to reading it. It started well enough, but it got worse and worse as it went along and by the end it was absolutely terrible.

The DVD came out within a few weeks of me finishing the book and, having spotted it in HMV, I was determined to see what the director and producers had made of it. The film was by no means great, but it was more enjoyable than the book.
    Yeah I think it suffers from what all but the best horror movies suffer from - the buildup is often good but once you see the whatever it is that's causing all the fear then it just dribbles away and it just becomes an average movie. It's why films like It Follows, Get Out or Midosmmar are so good.

I'll never forget shooting it though - 3 months in Romania, most of it at night in the mountains an hour's drive away from anything like a shop. I work in a Tesco Warehouse now and it's pretty shit but to its credit there's been no snow, earthquakes or bears yet.