+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Midsommar

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Midsommar

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    She's incredibly good in the lead role. Brilliant actress, excellent performance.

However (and I know this is contradictory), her casting is my only real reservation with the film. Given the way in which her character develops, I feel that someone who looked along the lines of a young Kirsten Dunst would have been a better choice, but that observation is based purely on Florence Pugh's physical appearance. It's likely that no other actress would have been as convincing in the role and therefore the film wouldn't have been as good.

This is why I'm not a movie critic. I don't know what I'm talking about.
    May I take that last sentence out of context and remind you of it on occasions in the Butchers?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by rich munn View Post
    May I take that last sentence out of context and remind you of it on occasions in the Butchers? Thanks.
    Absolutely, no problem. I use a similar phrase often enough when describing your views about football, so it's only fair.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Absolutely, no problem. I use a similar phrase often enough when describing your views about football, so it's only fair.

I have noticed during our discussions about football that under your breath you have muttered the phrase "I don't know what I'm talking about." I wasn't going to tell anyone.