+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: BANDS OR ACTS DISAPPOINTING LIVE

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: BANDS OR ACTS DISAPPOINTING LIVE

Stone Roses - MSG, New York- June 2026 - Great in parts, but by no means a classic. John Squire stole the show. Ian Brown seemed subdued at times.

Gun Club - Electric Ballroom, London - 1983? - Jefrrey Lee Pierce was wasted.

MBV - France - 2008 - Had an off night.

Brian Jonestown Massacre - Multiple times pre 2008 - Anton was wasted/ranting/fighting

The Creation - 2001 - Manitoba's, New York - Just awful. Very sad.

Cocteau Twins - 1982-86 - Several times - Technical/Vocal promlems

Bands that have never disappointed -Siouxsie and the Banshees, Echo and the Bunnymen, The Damned, SFA.

Has anyone seen the Sex Pistols in the last 30 years? I imagine it would have been pretty great to see them with proper monitors/sound mixing etc. When they came to NYC they played an outside venue near the beach. **** that noise.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Stone Roses - MSG, New York- June 2026 - Great in parts, but by no means a classic.
    The Stone Roses - still boring in 2026!

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    The Stone Roses - still boring in 2026!

2016. The night before the Wales v Belgium in the Euros. But you are probably right about 2026.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Stone Roses - MSG, New York- June 2026 - Great in parts, but by no means a classic. John Squire stole the show. Ian Brown seemed subdued at times.

Gun Club - Electric Ballroom, London - 1983? - Jefrrey Lee Pierce was wasted.

MBV - France - 2008 - Had an off night.

Brian Jonestown Massacre - Multiple times pre 2008 - Anton was wasted/ranting/fighting

The Creation - 2001 - Manitoba's, New York - Just awful. Very sad.

Cocteau Twins - 1982-86 - Several times - Technical/Vocal promlems

Bands that have never disappointed -Siouxsie and the Banshees, Echo and the Bunnymen, The Damned, SFA.

Has anyone seen the Sex Pistols in the last 30 years? I imagine it would have been pretty great to see them with proper monitors/sound mixing etc. When they came to NYC they played an outside venue near the beach. **** that noise.
    I seen Echo & the Bunnymen at the mercury lounge a little club down on east-houston back in 97 the after party was mental.

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    I seen Echo & the Bunnymen at the mercury lounge a little club down on east-houston back in 97 the after party was mental.
    They played at the Mercury Lounge? That must have been amazing. Was it a secret show or something?

Simple Minds Milton Keynes Bowl 1986 - it was a wonder Kerr could sing he was so far up his own backside (I am biased I don't like them and only went cos of a girl)
    Another for the Stereophonics
    The Fall at St Davids Hall 199 something - wrong venue for that sort of thing
    Gene Loves Jezebel Cardiff Students Union 1986 ish - Gash
    and finally and I've seen him a few times and everytime it was brilliant but....

David Bowie The Glass Spider tour 1987 cardiff arms Park - I just don't have fond memories of it

Quote Originally Posted by binman View Post
    Simple Minds Milton Keynes Bowl 1986 - it was a wonder Kerr could sing he was so far up his own backside (I am biased I don't like them and only went cos of a girl)
    Another for the Stereophonics
    The Fall at St Davids Hall 199 something - wrong venue for that sort of thing
    Gene Loves Jezebel Cardiff Students Union 1986 ish - Gash
    and finally and I've seen him a few times and everytime it was brilliant but....

David Bowie The Glass Spider tour 1987 cardiff arms Park - I just don't have fond memories of it
    Most of the gigs in the ols arms park-Mill stad are a bit shit, it's like dancing about to loud music emanating from a builders scaffolding three houses down. I've always felt like a bit of a prick at stadium concerts.