+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Baldness link to higher risk of severe cases of covid 19 cases postulated - Telegraph article

Baldness link to higher risk of severe cases of covid 19 cases postulated - Telegraph article

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/global-h...esearch-finds/

The good news is that if true, the effects of the virus may be reduced by the use of hormone therapies.

Banned

Re: Baldness link to higher risk of severe cases of covid 19 cases postulated - Telegraph article

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post

The good news is that if true, the effects of the virus may be reduced by the use of hormone therapies.
    I know that it has been found that men suffer from colds (man-flu) in a more severe way than women because of testosterone.

I think this is poor journalism though - or at least, poor headline writing. If you take just the headline, we do know that men are more likely to die than women. We also know older people are more likely to die than younger people. We also know that older men are more likely to be bald than younger men, and that men are more likely to be bald than women.

The interesting thing is that they found a similar pattern in women who were experiencing hair loss.

The other interesting thing was that men on androgen deprivation therapy were only 25% as likely to contract covid-19 as men who were not receiving the same treatment.

The caveat here is that this study is in its infancy, and clinical trials are only just starting.

Re: Baldness link to higher risk of severe cases of covid 19 cases postulated - Telegraph article

It sounds like they are scraping the bottom of the Covid-19 barrel, now that we have moved onto large public demonstrations sans social distancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    It sounds like they are scraping the bottom of the Covid-19 barrel, now that we have moved onto large public demonstrations sans social distancing.
    Like clockwork, if there's a terrible take to be had on a story, wales bales is first with that take.

Who is this "they"?

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    I know that it has been found that men suffer from colds (man-flu) in a more severe way than women because of testosterone.

I think this is poor journalism though - or at least, poor headline writing. If you take just the headline, we do know that men are more likely to die than women. We also know older people are more likely to die than younger people. We also know that older men are more likely to be bald than younger men, and that men are more likely to be bald than women.

The interesting thing is that they found a similar pattern in women who were experiencing hair loss.

The other interesting thing was that men on androgen deprivation therapy were only 25% as likely to contract covid-19 as men who were not receiving the same treatment.

The caveat here is that this study is in its infancy, and clinical trials are only just starting.
    You may be interested in this Radio 4 programme: https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m000h2c0
    It seems that women have a lot of genetic advantages over men.

Could us baldies "stay alert" by buying wigs and fooling the virus I ask?

Weird that if you google it the only links are to the Telegraph, the Mail and the Express.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Could us baldies "stay alert" by buying wigs and fooling the virus I ask?
    Talking of wigs, I was on a plane flying to Tel Aviv a few years ago and the vast majority of the passengers on the plane seemed to be Hasidic Jews (as opposed to Alkaline ones perhaps) - and after take-off most of the women took off what were wigs and bared their real hair that they are obliged to hide most of the time. Just before landing they all put their wigs back on.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Talking of whigs.......blah, blah, blah.
    Well, that's old-style Labour for you, mush

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Weird that if you google it the only links are to the Telegraph, the Mail and the Express.
    The biggest users of clickbait “fear” headlines.

Same one who are the first to talk about terrible winters and boiling summers.

Banned

You may be interested in this Radio 4 programme: https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m000h2c0
    I'll take a listen to that.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post

Here are 8 evidence-based ways to increase testosterone levels naturally.
    Exercise and Lift Weights. ...
    Eat Protein, Fat and Carbs. ...
    Minimize Stress and Cortisol Levels. ...
    Get Some Sun or Take a Vitamin D Supplement. ... this works
    Take Vitamin and Mineral Supplements. ...
    Get Plenty of Restful, High-Quality Sleep.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Here are 8 evidence-based ways to increase testosterone levels naturally.
    Exercise and Lift Weights. ...
    Eat Protein, Fat and Carbs. ...
    Minimize Stress and Cortisol Levels. ...
    Get Some Sun or Take a Vitamin D Supplement. ... this works
    Take Vitamin and Mineral Supplements. ...
    Get Plenty of Restful, High-Quality Sleep.
    I think the article is suggesting higher levels of hormones is the problem.

this is very useful helps with libido , muscle building ,energy boots .

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition...ments#section8

Banned

Not sure this has any relevance to the subject matter.

True, they don't seem to get prostate cancer, for instance.

Heisenberg

I don't know about you guys, but I never have sex or go to the gym without my energy boots.

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    I think the article is suggesting higher levels of hormones is the problem.
    He's probably suggesting that at least it stops you growing tits