+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: UK Covid-19 death figures

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: UK Covid-19 death figures

I don't understand why anyone would be trying so hard to absolve the government of all blame.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    I don't understand why anyone would be trying so hard to absolve the government of all blame.
    That's what people do now, they vote for a side then have to back them and defend them on every decision. I can't understand it but it seems to be huge in politics these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    That's what people do now, they vote for a side then have to back them and defend them on every decision. I can't understand it but it seems to be huge in politics these days.
    Explains why the Conservatives are still polling at forty per cent plus even after Dominic Cummings' eye test - some people still think Brexit is the most important thing out there at the moment it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    At the end of the day the Senedd is 100% responsible for healthcare in Wales. Westminster has no responsibility for it at all.

Decisions or lack of, following or working with the other home nations, going it alone are down to the Senedd. I’m not defending Boris, just saying that in Wales it,s our governments responsibility not his

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post

I’m not trying to absolve the government of all blame. It’s record is not good when it comes to Covid. What I’m saying is that Healthcare in Wales is devolved to the Senedd, so the Senedd is responsible, not Westminster. Parliament might influence but the decisions rest with the Senedd. Surely it’s not that difficult to understand
    I’ve been at the stadium when we lose and everyone blames the ref. The ref may influence but the responsibility for getting a result rests with the team and manager....same as above

Quote Originally Posted by lisvaneblue View Post
    I’m not trying to absolve the government of all blame. It’s record is not good when it comes to Covid. What I’m saying is that Healthcare in Wales is devolved to the Senedd, so the Senedd is responsible, not Westminster. Parliament might influence but the decisions rest with the Senedd. Surely it’s not that difficult to understand
    I’ve been at the stadium when we lose and everyone blames the ref. The ref may influence but the responsibility for getting a result rests with the team and manager....same as above
    You said:

I agree the figures in Wales are terrible, but don't agree that we can blame the UK Government in part.

Isn't that absolving the government of all blame?