+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Protesting, and the power of the media.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Protesting, and the power of the media.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    He clearly mentioned the BBC and mainstream newspapers, and that is where most people get their information that informs their opinions and view of the world..
    Most people? That's debatable, but for the sake of argument let's say it's true. It still wasn't the question he asked, which was: "Why does no-one - least of all footballers, celebrities, the BBC, some mainstream newspapers..... protest against the Chinese."

He seems to believe it's down to "the power of the media." I don't agree at all. I believe it has far more to do with shared history, culture and identity.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Most people? That's debatable, but for the sake of argument let's say it's true. It still wasn't the question he asked, which was: "Why does no-one - least of all footballers, celebrities, the BBC, some mainstream newspapers..... protest against the Chinese."

He seems to believe it's down to "the power of the media." I don't agree at all. I believe it has far more to do with shared history, culture and identity.
    jon1959 is a smart guy. If the power of the media doesn't exist, where did jon get his narrative from, and why does it match the false narrative that the mainstream media are promoting?

jon1959 is a smart guy. If the power of the media doesn't exist, where did jon get his narrative from, and why does it match the false narrative that the mainstream media are promoting?
    Who said 'the power of the media' doesn't exist? I certainly didn't.

Who said 'the power of the media' doesn't exist? I certainly didn't.
    You wrote ... He seems to believe it's down to "the power of the media." I don't agree at all.

So where are people getting all of their false information from?

You wrote ... He seems to believe it's down to "the power of the media." I don't agree at all.

I have no idea what you're talking about.

It seems you either can't understand plain English or you're desperately trying to frame my responses to Monkfish as being something they weren't. I didn't mention information, false or otherwise, and I didn't suggest the media isn't powerful either. It obviously is. However, I don't believe that has any relevance to the question asked.

I have no idea what you're talking about.

It seems you either can't understand plain English or you're desperately trying to frame my responses to Monkfish as being something they weren't. I didn't mention information, false or otherwise, and I didn't suggest the media isn't powerful either. It obviously is. However, I don't believe that has any relevance to the question asked.
    Yeah, best to stay out of it, it's obviously over your head.

Yeah, best to stay out of it, it's obviously over your head.
    You're quite amusing in a your own way. You genuinely seem to believe you're highly intelligent, but time and time again your own posts betray you and clearly demonstrate that in fact you're pretty stupid. That's obvious from this thread alone, in which one of your first responses was not to answer the question, but to answer what you wanted the question to be so it would fit with your world view.

People in the UK are not failing to protest about Chinese breaches of human rights because, and I quote: "the media are focussing on the event that they hope will end Trump's presidency." The brutal truth of the matter is that the British public are not protesting about Chinese breaches of human rights because they don't care enough about what's happening in China.

Banned

Probably a different place to where you get all the truthful information.

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    Probably a different place to where you get all the truthful information.
    There is a group of 5 or 6 people on here who have been posting knowingly wrong information for the past 3 years, and it was obviously all coming from the news media.