+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Protesting, and the power of the media.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Protesting, and the power of the media.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    No I hadn't heard about it. Is that significant? I bet there's at least one or two other stories published in the press in the English speaking world that I also haven't heard about.

"It seems like the Irish press aren't really covering it from comments"

It seems like they are and maybe social media comments are not the best thing to go by
    Yes it is significant as it shows it was not getting reported to the levels it merited, there has been a few separate instances, if somebody can wade through what's genuine and what's fake, social media can be a good way to get news as the main broadcasters often have an agenda, look at the state broadcaster in Blighty for instance, pro Conservative, pro Israel, anti EU, pro Unionist, pro Monarchy, pro business over trade unions (don't take my word for it Welsh experts looked into them a few years ago and that is what they found, it was obvious and predictable to me but not to many as they have had the wool pulled over their eyes).

Re: Protesting, and the power of the media.

Quote Originally Posted by trampie09 View Post
    Yes it is significant as it shows it was not getting reported to the levels it merited, there has been a few separate instances, if somebody can wade through what's genuine and what's fake, social media can be a good way to get news as the main broadcasters often have an agenda, look at the state broadcaster in Blighty for instance, pro Conservative, pro Israel, anti EU, pro Unionist, pro Monarchy, pro business over trade unions (don't take my word for it Welsh experts looked into them a few years ago and that is what they found, it was obvious and predictable to me but not to many as they have had the wool pulled over their eyes).
    It's not significant as I'm not a social media barometer, although it is truly lovely of you to think that. Thank you.