+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Protesting, and the power of the media.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Protesting, and the power of the media.

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    People on Facebook and Twitter you say, gosh it must be then. Given that the media did cover it I guess it's only a matter of time before your predicted great race war of Cork blows up!
    I don't know what people on Facebook say, I'm not on it, I'm not on Twitter either but you can read the tweets from all sorts of news outlets both large and small as well as the public.
    I don't predict a race war in Cork, people are surmising what reasons are there for the lack of reporting.

Re: Protesting, and the power of the media.

Quote Originally Posted by trampie09 View Post
    I don't know what people on Facebook say, I'm not on it, I'm not on Twitter either but you can read the tweets from all sorts of news outlets both large and small as well as the public.
    I don't predict a race war in Cork, people are surmising what reasons are there for the lack of reporting.
    "Just put in 'Irish boy stabbed' on twitter, it's horrific, the first thing I seen now looking for you is they have fuzzed out the boys face, that wasn't the case when I seen it yesterday it was covered in blood, lots of comments about the press not covering what was going on, that is only 1 instance, there was apparently 3 seperate incidents and 2 videos, the other video is a hell of a 'kicking', the language used is not good, slaves and all that I'm not revisiting either."

Just so we're clear, you don't use Twitter but you know how to find it on Twitter? And you know what the news outlets are saying, even though it's not on the news, and you know what people are saying - although you're not on Twitter.