+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Protesting, and the power of the media.

Heisenberg

Re: Protesting, and the power of the media.

Quote Originally Posted by trampie09 View Post
    Are most stabbings in Cardiff potentially race related then ?, BBC is a different country.
    How do you know it was race related? In this article (more censorship, I guess) https://www.independent.ie/irish-new...-39266155.html - it says "It is understood the violent attack was sparked by a dispute over a mobile phone" - unless you know better?

I don't know if that particular incident is race related or not, but the same can be said for most of these types of situations, including the policeman in America.
    The other video (of what looks like a totally different incident) if I heard right the word slaves was used.

Heisenberg

I don't know if that particular incident is race related or not, but the same can be said for most of these types of situations, including the policeman in America.
    Then it's probably best for you to not suggest that it was - don't you think?

Noticed some horrific footage of violence in Ireland apparently to do with BLM, yet the press aren't covering it, I wonder why not ?, I notice posters on social media are pondering the same thing.
    So apart from not knowing whether it was race or BLM protest related and the press were covering it, good post I thought!

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Then it's probably best for you to not suggest that it was - don't you think?
    Is the American policeman race related then ?

An interesting tussle

Heisenberg

Narrow it down a bit, trampie.

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    So apart from not knowing whether it was race or BLM protest related and the press were covering it, good post I thought!
    Lots of people think it's race related, just check out social media, what is and what isn't race related can be hard to categorically prove in lots of cases.

Heisenberg

We've now moved back to America for the news.

Trampie, our racial censorship correspondent is at the scene...

Trampie...

Narrow it down a bit, trampie.
    The death of George Floyd, was that race related ?

Lots of people think it's race related, just check out social media, what is and what isn't race related can be hard to categorically prove in lots of cases.
    People on Facebook and Twitter you say, gosh it must be then. Given that the media did cover it I guess it's only a matter of time before your predicted great race war of Cork blows up!

Heisenberg

The death of George Floyd, was that race related ?
    I've been trying to word this as best as I can - we don't know whether Derek Chauvin murdered George Floyd specifically because he was black - what we do know is all of the facts of the case and how there is systemic racism in the police forces in America (the stats speak for themselves). I can't speculate as to what exactly was going through Chauvin's mind at the time, but another black person is now dead at the hands of the police - who, if it wasn't for video footage, would still be doing their job instead of being in jail as they gave false statements.

The disproportionately high number of black deaths in custody of the police and the records of police brutality and racial profiling in America make George Floyd's death race related.

I'd love to tell you, but censorship. So I can't.

Trampie is Wales-bales, this thread has finally given it away.

People on Facebook and Twitter you say, gosh it must be then. Given that the media did cover it I guess it's only a matter of time before your predicted great race war of Cork blows up!
    I don't know what people on Facebook say, I'm not on it, I'm not on Twitter either but you can read the tweets from all sorts of news outlets both large and small as well as the public.
    I don't predict a race war in Cork, people are surmising what reasons are there for the lack of reporting.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    I'd love to tell you, but censorship. So I can't.
    Exactly, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Trampie is Wales-bales, this thread has finally given it away.
    I'm on the other side to Wales-Bale judging by his posts.

I don't know what people on Facebook say, I'm not on it, I'm not on Twitter either but you can read the tweets from all sorts of news outlets both large and small as well as the public.
    I don't predict a race war in Cork, people are surmising what reasons are there for the lack of reporting.
    "Just put in 'Irish boy stabbed' on twitter, it's horrific, the first thing I seen now looking for you is they have fuzzed out the boys face, that wasn't the case when I seen it yesterday it was covered in blood, lots of comments about the press not covering what was going on, that is only 1 instance, there was apparently 3 seperate incidents and 2 videos, the other video is a hell of a 'kicking', the language used is not good, slaves and all that I'm not revisiting either."

Just so we're clear, you don't use Twitter but you know how to find it on Twitter? And you know what the news outlets are saying, even though it's not on the news, and you know what people are saying - although you're not on Twitter.

Exactly, lol.
    It's a great excuse to use, isn't it?

I've been trying to word this as best as I can - we don't know whether Derek Chauvin murdered George Floyd specifically because he was black - what we do know is all of the facts of the case and how there is systemic racism in the police forces in America (the stats speak for themselves). I can't speculate as to what exactly was going through Chauvin's mind at the time, but another black person is now dead at the hands of the police - who, if it wasn't for video footage, would still be doing their job instead of being in jail as they gave false statements.

The disproportionately high number of black deaths in custody of the police and the records of police brutality and racial profiling in America make George Floyd's death race related.
    I bet you have been trying to word your post as best as you can,lol, if you don't know categorically that it's race related it's probably best you do not suggest it is.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    "Just put in 'Irish boy stabbed' on twitter, it's horrific, the first thing I seen now looking for you is they have fuzzed out the boys face, that wasn't the case when I seen it yesterday it was covered in blood, lots of comments about the press not covering what was going on, that is only 1 instance, there was apparently 3 seperate incidents and 2 videos, the other video is a hell of a 'kicking', the language used is not good, slaves and all that I'm not revisiting either."

Just so we're clear, you don't use Twitter but you know how to find it on Twitter? And you know what the news outlets are saying, even though it's not on the news, and you know what people are saying - although you're not on Twitter.
    I'm not a member/registered on twitter but you can still read the tweets, people contact media outlets asking them why they are not reporting a certain story and then often in response the media outlet will do a small article to make it look like they are covering the story to try and stop people saying they have no interest in certain stories, it's an agenda driven game by them.

Heisenberg

I bet you have been trying to word your post as best as you can,lol, if you don't know categorically that it's race related it's probably best you do not suggest it is.
    I wrote it in a way that I'd hope you'd be able to comprehend why it is categorically race related. Unfortunately not, it seems.

I wrote it in a way that I'd hope you'd be able to comprehend why it is categorically race related. Unfortunately not, it seems.
    You don't know if he would have done the same to a white man in the same situation or not.

But trampie, he (and, you know, quite a lot of others going by the reaction all around the US and the world) are basing their suggestions that it's race related on the consistent ill treatment and murder of black people by the police over decades. There's a very clear pattern which people are finally waking up to, to the extent that lawmakers in Minneapolis where it happened have actually voted to disband the police.

There's stats upon stats, cases upon cases to back it up, whereas what you've got is an incident in Ireland that Karen from Dublin and John from Wexford have shouted WHITE LIVES MATTER at on Twitter, and you've tried to shoehorn that into a debate on the Black Lives Matter movement and you've made yourself look a bit silly.

Heisenberg

You don't know if he would have done the same to a white man in the same situation or not.
    The same goes for all of the other murders of black people in custody, yeah?