+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Other Clubs You've Got A Soft Spot For.

Other Clubs You've Got A Soft Spot For.

Hereford FC for me and Nottingham Forrest. Hereford because it's an odd place and i absolutely love their little ground and Forst probably because of Cloughie, his success and that it's a very unfashionable City-Plus the badge, simple but to the point.

First Team

Re: Other Clubs You've Got A Soft Spot For.

Spurs.
    I was born relatively close by and went to school in the shadow of the old stadium for a while.
    It is no more than look out for their results as never connected with the club at any level.

International

Stranraer, West Ham, but at the Boleyn not now, Leyton Orient.

Gladbach, Dunfermline and Charlton (from when I lived in Germany, Scotland and London).
    Swansea, Newport, Wrexham (fellow Welsh teams)
    Exeter, Plymouth and Yeovil (West Country neighbours)

Sankt Pauli, fanatical left wing support

For me it's relative and it fluctuates. I used to hate Arsenal and prefer Spurs, but now it's the other way round. And I think everyone was a Leicester fan in 2016. I still like them to do well against the big clubs. I actually don't mind Wolves now they're in the EPL. I used to like Man City back when they were hopeless and poor. Now, not so much. Still prefer them to Man Utd though. Used to like West Ham. Don't like them any more. I like Palace. I don't like Newcastle, Villa or Watford.

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by Majorblue View Post
    Spurs.
    I was born relatively close by and went to school in the shadow of the old stadium for a while.
    It is no more than look out for their results as never connected with the club at any level.

And Llantwit Major AFC, obviously the best team in the Vale.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Stranraer, West Ham, but at the Boleyn not now, Leyton Orient.
    Leyton Orient for me as well plus Newport County and Hamilton Accies - always quite liked Bournemouth for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Majorblue View Post
    And Llantwit Major AFC, obviously the best team in the Vale.
    Your lot causing trouble again I think the assistant manager is Martyn Giles who was a young pro with us.

Both Nottingham sides, Forest due to Clough and County from living here

Celtic

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post

Celtic
    Yeah, same with me. I really like Notts County's ground.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    For me it's relative and it fluctuates.
    Yeah. This. Id like to see Lampard do well at Chelsea because of what hes trying to do bringing youth through and hes always comes across a decent sort of fella.

Use to have a soft spot for Wednesday - Proper ground, sleeping giant but not since Monk has gone there.

I've travelled quite a bit in my time, often living abroad in various places. During that time, I've tried to make a point of taking in a game or two (never more than two!) of the local club. However, I long ago came to the conclusion I'm not a great lover of football in general, I just retain a huge affection to Cardiff City with Wales a distant second.

So, yeah... I suppose I didn't really answer the OP's question, just no soft-spot for any other club.

Bangor City from watching them in the 80s when I was a student there and Spurs from living in Haringey for 6 years, but only to watch out for their results. My current non Cardiff interest is Arminia Bielefeld, my son lived there last year and they’re basically a German Cardiff City, plus there’re top of 2 Bundesliega and you can watch the games on sky bet.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Yeah. This. Id like to see Lampard do well at Chelsea because of what hes trying to do bringing youth through and hes always comes across a decent sort of fella.

Use to have a soft spot for Wednesday - Proper ground, sleeping giant but not since Monk has gone there.
    Exactly.

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post

Celtic
    I used to have a soft spot for County too. Went to a lot of their games over the span of a few years with a mate who was a big fan of theirs. Even went to their game with Juve in Turin, which was the first game/opening ceremony at their new stadium.

First Team

Just a normal match day at Windmill Lane. I blame the other lot.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Hereford FC for me and Nottingham Forrest. Hereford because it's an odd place and i absolutely love their little ground and Forst probably because of Cloughie, his success and that it's a very unfashionable City-Plus the badge, simple but to the point.
    Accrington Stanley, punching well above their weight in L1.

Southampton as I lived there early 70's late 80's. The Dell was a cramped little ground but had a great atmosphere in the days of McMenemy.
    Barry Town, my hometown.

Ely Rangers the only adult club I ever played for and Cardiff City development squad.

Sheff United at the moment because of Chris Wilder, even though Mcburnie is a ellend you cant help but admire Wilder and what hes achieved and continues to achieve. Not just at Sheff U, hes been successful everywhere hes been. Hes like a throw back to old school management in that he wont pussyfoot around the modern day players and he calls it as it is is, but he also plays a modern brand of football built on top of work ethic.

Aberdeen.
    My mother's side if the family came from there.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Your lot causing trouble again I think the assistant manager is Martyn Giles who was a young pro with us.

Cameraman of the year? Missed everything!! Looked good though.

Spurs when i was a boy , until I first went to Ninian Park. Still quite like them and would;d like to visit their new ground.

Also Newport, despite the fact they hate us. I always felt sorry for them....and still do. Although i did laugh when they went out of the League and lost 0-4 at our place.

Stirling Albion in Scotland as I used to work for a firm there and they need all the help they can get. think Newport but with 15% of the crowds.

Sheffield F.C. (my go-to club on non league days - oldest club in the world), Bristol Rovers (I lived near the ground for 2 years - and the Gas just don't like the Robins!) and Barnsley (I love the ground, the down to earth fans and their hatred of Leeds!)