+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Queues in Aberdare Tescos car park.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Queues in Aberdare Tescos car park.

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    Yes! Absolutely. Queuing around McDonald's for 1 hour to get a shitty burger in a bun seems like a lot more effort to me. Hate McDonald's though - think they are socially irresponsible, so I am completely biased on this topic.
    I try to stay clear of McDonalds. Having two youngish kids though I can see the attraction for some parents if it keeps them quiet.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    I try to stay clear of McDonalds. Having two youngish kids though I can see the attraction for some parents if it keeps them quiet.
    I just don't get why McDonalds? It's hardly as if the food is so much better there than the takeaway stuff you can get elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I just don't get why McDonalds? It's hardly as if the food is so much better there than the takeaway stuff you can get elsewhere.
    Advertising photos v reality

mcdonalds.jpg

Is there many takeaways open at present? None of my regular ones are

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Is there many takeaways open at present? None of my regular ones are
    Plenty of them open up here now, I'm struggling to think of one that is closed.

Used to be a burger place in St. Mary Street ‘Red Onion’ years ago. Lovely stuff. Some of the street food places that were doing the rounds are far better than some high street, well known restaurants.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    Used to be a burger place in St. Mary Street ‘Red Onion’ years ago. Lovely stuff. Some of the street food places that were doing the rounds are far better than some high street, well known restaurants.
    Red Onion was brilliant. You could buy single slices of Pizza in there as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Red Onion was brilliant. You could buy single slices of Pizza in there as well.
    I was a regular in the Red Onion on weekend nights and had many a slice of pizza. I was pissed most times I went there, so would have eaten anything, but, unlike when I tried a Dorothy's chicken curry and chips when I was sober, the stuff from the Red Onion was very nice and I'd often go there when I hadn't had a drink.

I was a regular in the Red Onion on weekend nights and had many a slice of pizza. I was pissed most times I went there, so would have eaten anything, but, unlike when I tried a Dorothy's chicken curry and chips when I was sober, the stuff from the Red Onion was very nice and I'd often go there when I hadn't had a drink.
    Yup, loved it. Here's one for the oldies-A chip shop that was run by Chinese people on Tudor rd, on the left hand side of the road as you head towards the station, i think it was on the corner of one of the side streets. When i was a schoolboy and had finished training i'd stop off there. The chips were fantastic and they gave you loads. Anyone remember this place? Would've been mid to late eighties.

Anyone remember the Lexington, downstairs, next door or next door but one to the Capitol. Popular in the early/mid 70s, from memory the burgers were superb, a bit of Americana on Queen St

"..and some garlic sauce on it please..."