+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Welsh Political Barometer

Welsh Political Barometer

Support for Welsh independence has hit an historic high according to the most recent Welsh Political Barometer

https://blogs.cardiff.ac.uk/election...-independence/
    https://nation.cymru/opinion/the-lat...yet-persuaded/

Interesting results, 32% (when adjusted for don't knows) in a straight Yes/No indy poll is an incredible result considering just 10% supported independence in 2013. By comparison, Scottish independence was polling at 32% in 2013, just a year before their referendum and with the SNP having been in power for 6 years

Strange times

Re: Welsh Political Barometer

oooooops there goes Labour again, aka SNP Scotland wipe out moment , they will have to win back the old Labour heartlands if this happens

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    oooooops there goes Labour again, aka SNP Scotland wipe out moment , they will have to win back the old Labour heartlands if this happens
    The poll also showed a 5% increase in support for Labour, with Plaid also gaining (4%), Lib Dems, Greens and BP gaining 1% each and Tory support dropping by 11%

https://blogs.cardiff.ac.uk/election...ometer-poll-2/

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    The poll also showed a 5% increase in support for Labour, with Plaid also gaining (4%), Lib Dems, Greens and BP gaining 1% each and Tory support dropping by 11%

LoM loves being wrong, he's a massive... masochist

Let's hope your right as Labour let the boat sale in Scotland , and that's where the party was born .

I heard the main man was contacted to ask if he would consider changing the question from a would you vote for Independence tomorrow type question to a would you vote for Independence in the future type question, seems like the guy is interested.
    I would have thought that would boost the figures even more for Indy.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    LoM loves being wrong, he's a massive... masochist
    We shall see via the ballot box us the telling moment , perhaos Welsh Labour voters are looking for a new home.

Heisenberg

We shall see via the ballot box us the telling moment , perhaos Welsh Labour voters are looking for a new home.
    Eh?

The poll said that more people want independence in Wales and you took that to mean the end of Labour here.

The same poll says that Labour's popularity has increased 5%.

We don't need to wait for the next ballot - you were wrong yesterday when you said "oooooops there goes Labour again" based on City123's post.

I hope that's helped clear it up for you. If you need any futher help (in any thread), I'm happy to be of service.

Eh?

The poll said that more people want independence in Wales and you took that to mean the end of Labour here.

The same poll says that Labour's popularity has increased 5%.

We don't need to wait for the next ballot - you were wrong yesterday when you said "oooooops there goes Labour again" based on City123's post.

I hope that's helped clear it up for you. If you need any futher help (in any thread), I'm happy to be of service.
    That's okay , you stick with the polls , and I stick with the vote and its outcome . After all the last one didn't go well .

Heisenberg

That's okay , you stick with the polls , and I stick with the vote and its outcome . After all the last one didn't go well .
    Ahem... You were the one reacting to the polls posted by City123. There was no vote for you to "stick" to.

Always happy to help

Banned

Welsh independence my arsse

Ahem... You were the one reacting to the polls posted by City123. There was no vote for you to "stick" to.

Always happy to help
    I know it's hard for you, the WAG vote coming in May ,folk use polls to fit there narrative, when its against ones political belief its false when it favours it's real .

Quote Originally Posted by nugent View Post
    Welsh independence my arsse
    Indeed its a choice of that or Labour I guess, think Wales hates all other parties no matter how shit they are

Heisenberg

I know it's hard for you, the WAG vote coming in May ,folk use polls to fit there narrative, when its against ones political belief its false when it favours it's real .
    You literally used the poll to fit your narrative of the impending demise of Labour

You literally used the poll to fit your narrative of the impending demise of Labour
    Welsh Labours demise really , now you might be onto something let's see what happens .

Heisenberg

Welsh Labours demise really , now you might be onto something let's see what happens .
    Yes, let's.

Yes, let's.
    the only ones who vote for labour in Wales anymore are the sheep or idiots .which one are you.

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by Rogersblue View Post
    the only ones who vote for labour in Wales anymore are the sheep or idiots .which one are you.
    Can you write that again, please? This time, in the form of an actual question. Thank you.

Who's going to pay for this Welsh independence ?

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    Who's going to pay for this Welsh independence ?
    Same voters that eventually turned in Scotland, they just can't see it or want to see it .

Same voters that eventually turned in Scotland, they just can't see it or want to see it .
    Another one of your posts that makes no sense.

You just say that stuffwhen you want to put someone down. Very poor and ineffective debating style.

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    You just say that stuffwhen you want to put someone down. Very poor and ineffective debating style.
    its the default position .

First one of 2021 came out yesterday: https://blogs.cardiff.ac.uk/election...ometer-poll-2/

Looking like a 3 horse race, Labour leading in both the constituency and list polls on 34% and 30%, Tories second on 26% & 25% and Plaid in third on 22% and 23%. This translates to 26 seats for Labour, 16 Conservative, 15 Plaid Cymru, 2 for Abolish and 1 Lib Dem. This poll was before the latest scandals though, could lead to increase for both Plaid and Abolish

First one of 2021 came out yesterday: https://blogs.cardiff.ac.uk/election...ometer-poll-2/

Looking like a 3 horse race, Labour leading in both the constituency and list polls on 34% and 30%, Tories second on 26% & 25% and Plaid in third on 22% and 23%. This translates to 26 seats for Labour, 16 Conservative, 15 Plaid Cymru, 2 for Abolish and 1 Lib Dem. This poll was before the latest scandals though, could lead to increase for both Plaid and Abolish
    If Abolish policy is to take down he ineffectiveness of WAG they have my vote, absolute waste of time and money , get rid of and spend the money on building 5 new hospitals and a decent transport infrastructure.