+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Holiday parks planning to open July 4?

Re: Holiday parks planning to open July 4?

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Well I'm waiting for the news that it's possible to stay at camping sites and away from home overnight - as I want to walk the South West Coast Path in instalments (which is 630 miles long). It will serve as a substitute to my jaunts abroad. I intend dropping off my bicycle at the end of each stage, travelling to the start point in my newly-acquired van, walking the day's stage and cycling back to the start point, stay overnight and do another stage the day after. There are 52 stages, which range from 9 to 15 miles in length.
    That sounds like a real adventure .
    You will do it in 52 days ?
    That will be very hard going , day after day doing that kind of miles.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    It’s all about the knees, I know really fit people who have done the Pembs coast path and it really did the knees in....

No, I will do it in instalments and mainly on weekends. And as a number of friends have expressed an interest in joining me I will do shorter stages with them and returning to the starting point via a different return route each day (and forgetting the cycling component) - and starting today. Five people are joining me on the first stage from Minehead today and the same next week.

No, I will do it in instalments and mainly on weekends. And as a number of friends have expressed an interest in joining me I will do shorter stages with them and returning to the starting point via a different return route each day (and forgetting the cycling component) - and starting today. Five people are joining me on the first stage from Minehead today and the same next week.
    That is still some achievement.
    When they allow travel in Wales I wouldn't mind having a go at that .
    i have come to walking late in life , but I find it particularly enjoyable.

That is still some achievement.
    When they allow travel in Wales I wouldn't mind having a go at that .
    i have come to walking late in life , but I find it particularly enjoyable.
    Same here. I'm not usually someone who joins groups and I never used to do country walks. However, I joined a, few Meetup walking groups about three years ago and sometimes lead walks for them all too. In this case, I started up a small Facebook group (as walk numbers are limited at 6 for now) for just some interested friends but I may open up the walks to the Meetup groups when we can walk in larger groups. If anyone on here is holidaying in Devon or Cornwall over the summer and fancies doing a leg or two do give me a shout. It's great for the soul and a picnic halfway aling the walk and a pint at the end is just the job!

Can anyone clear this up for me? Got people, lots now asking to book up my place in Pembrokeshire, can two groups who don’t live together from the same family book up together? I’m really not sure as didn’t expect to be able to host anyway.....

I thought that only people living alone all can elect to have a 'support bubble'.

Edit:

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/meeting-...your-household

Same here. I'm not usually someone who joins groups and I never used to do country walks. However, I joined a, few Meetup walking groups about three years ago and sometimes lead walks for them all too. In this case, I started up a small Facebook group (as walk numbers are limited at 6 for now) for just some interested friends but I may open up the walks to the Meetup groups when we can walk in larger groups. If anyone on here is holidaying in Devon or Cornwall over the summer and fancies doing a leg or two do give me a shout. It's great for the soul and a picnic halfway aling the walk and a pint at the end is just the job!
    I vaguely remember that practice.

keep us updated with your progress .
    I wouldn't mind bringing my van over and putting a weekend in if it was logistically possible.

I know what you mean about walking on your own. I tend to try and keep away from the beaten track
    there is something about the solitude of being in the countryside almost on your own .
    I can also see the interest of the group , I was in a cycling group for a while , a very diverse bunch.

I walked up in Scotland last year , bagged a few munros, it was just off season .
    Being on top of a mountain , wind blowing a gale , knowing you are the only person up there( well , and one other ) is an incredible feeling

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Can anyone clear this up for me? Got people, lots now asking to book up my place in Pembrokeshire, can two groups who don’t live together from the same family book up together? I’m really not sure as didn’t expect to be able to host anyway.....
    They are not allowed to be inside together at the moment if they are from different households. .

I vaguely remember that practice.

keep us updated with your progress .
    I wouldn't mind bringing my van over and putting a weekend in if it was logistically possible.

I know what you mean about walking on your own. I tend to try and keep away from the beaten track
    there is something about the solitude of being in the countryside almost on your own .
    I can also see the interest of the group , I was in a cycling group for a while , a very diverse bunch.

I walked up in Scotland last year , bagged a few munros, it was just off season .
    Being on top of a mountain , wind blowing a gale , knowing you are the only person up there( well , and one other ) is an incredible feeling

How is the walk going old bean ?