+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Social distancing

Re: Social distancing

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    When out walking or running down the Taff or Trevithick Trails which are within a 5 mile area advised by Welsh Government, I take a morbid delight at ensuring social distancing from the groups of men cycling towards Merthyr from far areas such as Cardiff and the Vale by coughing, wheezing and gobbing out my phlegm in a 360 degree motion around me.

It’s provided some looks from others and laughs to myself.
    When did you move from Dan Y Parc, mate?

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Used to enjoy a walk near the house or through Bute Park into work. Now I just find myself irritated by it. Easily 80% of people I come across make little to no effort to move.

Cyclists whizz past, heavy breathing joggers trot right by. The bridges are the worst, one by the cafe, people standing about, others walk right down the middle.

Hate that I feel so irritated by it.

Might take jordi's approach and start coughing sporadically, into my elbow of course.
    Ive used this period to go on walks off the beaten track and avoiding the usual parks and trails. Even walking to other areas of Merthyr just on the streets. Taken a couple of nostalgic walks to the estates I grew up on as a kid.

Like you say, people are not being very observant of the rules, usually if I am on a path or pavement and someone is coming in the opposite direction its usually me who moves out of the way first and is more conscious of social distancing.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Is the first wave over yet?
    No. People talking about "there being no second wave" as some sort of proof that Social distancing is not necessary are basically ignoring the fact that our first wave is still in force and are neglecting to consider that there is a possibility that the first wave could be petering out much quicker if we didn't have people breaking guidelines during VE Day.

Interestingly, the same people will likely blame the protests for a continued number of cases and deaths in the weeks ahead too.

Read that St Albans in Splott did a wedding,is the church above the rules.

International

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    Read that St Albans in Splott did a wedding,is the church above the rules.
    The church may be but the priest aint! Apparently Mr Arch bishop is not amused!

But marriages in Catholic Churches need a registrar to be present so how did the swing that one?