+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Aches n pains

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Aches n pains

It’s sitting still and inactivity that’s that’s problem, one of the reasons that I’m reluctant to retire. Been in the building game since a kid, nigh on 50 years , and I’ve got the usual knee problems etc but it’s the ‘doing nothing’ that’s the problem. I love to relax on a sun bed on holiday but in no time at all my body is telling me “What the f*ck is going on? You’re supposed to be up & down, climbing ladders, bending and laying bricks, pointing slabs etc”, I’ve got to get up, get in the pool, go in the sea, go for a walk, when all I want to really do is relax, read and have a snooze.
    Graham, I wouldn’t mind betting that once in work and into the swing of the day, you’re doing this, doing that, twisting, turning and your aches and pains fade away. Like me you’re a condemned man, carrying on grafting is the painkiller.
    Hope this reply is some comfort to you

Banned

Re: Aches n pains

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    It’s sitting still and inactivity that’s that’s problem, one of the reasons that I’m reluctant to retire. Been in the building game since a kid, nigh on 50 years , and I’ve got the usual knee problems etc but it’s the ‘doing nothing’ that’s the problem. I love to relax on a sun bed on holiday but in no time at all my body is telling me “What the f*ck is going on? You’re supposed to be up & down, climbing ladders, bending and laying bricks, pointing slabs etc”, I’ve got to get up, get in the pool, go in the sea, go for a walk, when all I want to really do is relax, read and have a snooze.
    Graham, I wouldn’t mind betting that once in work and into the swing of the day, you’re doing this, doing that, twisting, turning and your aches and pains fade away. Like me you’re a condemned man, carrying on grafting is the painkiller.
    Hope this reply is some comfort to you
    You're absolutely correct mate.
    If I'm moving in work I'm ok, but to a certain extent, the usual day to day stuff is fine, unless we have a delivery of say worktops and panels for example, when you start to get towards the bottom of the pallet it's hard work