+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wales v Slovakia Euro 2016,

Wales v Slovakia Euro 2016,

The whole game is being shown on BBC 1 today at 1.50.

Re: Wales v Slovakia Euro 2016,

Watched the Jon whathisface docu on Wales's qualifications and tournament in Euro16 last night.
    Excellent programme, brought all the memories back and great footage of the players camaraderie, nice bits on Gary Speed too.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    The whole game is being shown on BBC 1 today at 1.50.
    That's mad, we just posted alternative games at same time

Ima gonna watch the england game me.
    Never watched it all before

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post

Watched the Jon whathisface docu on Wales's qualifications and tournament in Euro16 last night.
    Excellent programme, brought all the memories back and great footage of the players camaraderie, nice bits on Gary Speed too.
    Ian Wright rated Hal Robson-Kanu's goal against Belgium at ninth out of the ten nominations for tournament moments on Match of the Day yesterday, while Alan Shearer put it ninth. Gary Lineker then mentioned the video of the Welsh players cheering when Iceland beat England and then they showed it - I expected some slagging off of Wales after that, but all three of them said they were alright with it.

Ian Wright rated Hal Robson-Kanu's goal against Belgium at ninth out of the ten nominations for tournament moments on Match of the Day yesterday, while Alan Shearer put it ninth. Gary Lineker then mentioned the video of the Welsh players cheering when Iceland beat England and then they showed it - I expected some slagging off of Wales after that, but all three of them said they were alright with it.
    What is that documentary? Is there a link?

Gary Speed what a tragedy

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    What is that documentary? Is there a link?
    I just realised it’s ‘Don’t Take Me Home’.. I have the DVD 😂

Not surprised they said they were alright with it. Got their own back by putting HRK goal just ninth!

That Ronaldo header against us in the semi though. Unbelievable.

Not surprised they said they were alright with it. Got their own back by putting HRK goal just ninth!

Shearer put the Robson-Kanu goal fourth, not ninth as I said, and, fair play, I remember him and Rio Ferdinand I think it was being almost as excited as we were after the match.

It was, the height he got and the way he hung there, incredible but Sam Vokes’ header against Belgium was also outstanding, a near post flick across the the goal to nigh on the far post, superb technique.

Shearer put the Robson-Kanu goal fourth, not ninth as I said, and, fair play, I remember him and Rio Ferdinand I think it was being almost as excited as we were after the match.
    Every time I see reference to that match (I saw elsewhere today reference to Belgium being perhaps Welsh football's finest moment) it brings back the bitterness of having missed it all by getting stuck at f***ing Folkestone Eurotunnel terminal. Ended up watching it on TV and my recollection is the same as yours.

They were alright with it, no criticism at all. They even stated, Wright in particular, that Simeone and the other Argentinians reaction to Beckham’s petulant flick was an ‘all’s fair in love & war’ type of thing and something they’d condone England doing in the heat of battle. Although picking Maradona’s first goal as their number one I’d have liked to have heard a similar opinion, even though they didn’t go ‘Tabloid’ crazy over it. I’ve always thought what the headlines in the likes of The Sun would have been had, say, Gascoigne, did something similar, ‘Gazza Hands It To ‘Em’... ‘Gotcha! With A Sucker Punch’. It did smack of a few token top ten inclusions last night, Robson-Kanu, Armstrong, Gemmill.

I've go a lot of time for Rio.

Quote Originally Posted by Swiss Peter View Post
    Every time I see reference to that match (I saw elsewhere today reference to Belgium being perhaps Welsh football's finest moment) it brings back the bitterness of having missed it all by getting stuck at f***ing Folkestone Eurotunnel terminal. Ended up watching it on TV and my recollection is the same as yours.
    Oh dear!
    (don't mean to laugh, it's just the way you put it)

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    It was, the height he got and the way he hung there, incredible but Sam Vokes’ header against Belgium was also outstanding, a near post flick across the the goal to nigh on the far post, superb technique.
    I got quite emotional last night watching that Vokes goal.
    Technically perfect.

Oh dear!
    (don't mean to laugh, it's just the way you put it)
    It's ok. The pain has lessened over time. Until I'm reminded.....

Banned

One of my good english friends texted me and said that was exactly what was missing from england dressing room

I watched the match; jumped out of my seat when Wales scored completely forgetting it was played 4 years ago. Doh.

What a beautiful stadium that was in Bordeaux.

That weekend I saw Iron Maiden in Paris on the Friday, Wales v Slovakia in Bordeaux on Saturday and back to Paris to see Rammstein on the Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    What a beautiful stadium that was in Bordeaux.

That weekend I saw Iron Maiden in Paris on the Friday, Wales v Slovakia in Bordeaux on Saturday and back to Paris to see Rammstein on the Sunday.
    That’s a cracking weekend. Was due to see Rammstein in Cardiff with my son this month.
    Watched the second half of the Slovakia game today and how well we played. Aside from ten rocky minutes after they scored we were clearly the better side. I had forgotten how many chances Rambo missed.

Quote Originally Posted by nugent View Post
    That's mad, we just posted alternative games at same time

Ima gonna watch the england game me.
    Never watched it all before
    Don't expect a decent game of football because technically it was abysmal. I won't tell you the score because I don't want to spoil it for you !

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    That’s a cracking weekend. Was due to see Rammstein in Cardiff with my son this month.
    Watched the second half of the Slovakia game today and how well we played. Aside from ten rocky minutes after they scored we were clearly the better side. I had forgotten how many chances Rambo missed.
    I always thought that we'd scraped past them, didn't realise how in control we were. We bossed them in the first half and should have gone in 2-0 up (How Skrtel stayed on the pitch after assaulting Jonny is beyond me)

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Me too. Tickets valid for the re-arranged date next summer. I hope they keep the Euro's around the same dates so I can do both Rammstein and Italy v Wales (as was planned for this month)

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    I always thought that we'd scraped past them, didn't realise how in control we were. We bossed them in the first half and should have gone in 2-0 up (How Skrtel stayed on the pitch after assaulting Jonny is beyond me)
    I remember at the time fuming he hadn’t seen red. We would have been 2-0 up with Slovakia down to ten.