+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can you remember who actually plays for us at the moment?

Can you remember who actually plays for us at the moment?

If you had to name a starting XI v Leeds..

Oh and BTW we are going to have a matchday squad of 20 with five subs allowed.

From what I understand Lee Tomlin and N-ML are close to fitness. Vassell and Cunningham are still injured. The loan players are still available.

In case you'd forgotten we don't have Lee Peltier or Omar Bogle any more (I don't think) It's been so long.

Re: Can you remember who actually plays for us at the moment?

Etheridge

??? Morrison Nelson Bennett
    Pack Ralls Bacuna
    Adomah Paterson Hoilett

Smithies

Sanderson
    Morrison
    Nelson
    Bennett

Ralls
    Vaulks

NML
    Tomlin
    Murphy

Glatzel

shit I forgot about Will Vaulks, I'd put him in for Pack

I will put in a shift in the middle of the park

Think willie boland carrying a few pounds

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    shit I forgot about Will Vaulks, I'd put him in for Pack
    What about Tomlin?!

Smithies

Sanderson
    Morrison
    Nelson
    Bennett

Pack
    Ralls

Adomah
    Tomlin
    Murphy

Paterson

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    What about Tomlin?!
    i've had a mare

Smithies

Sanderson
    Morrison
    Nelson
    Bennett

Ralls
    Vaulks
    Pack

Tomlin

Glatzel
    Paterson

A free flowing possession based 4-3-1-2, nobody will expect it, especially our players

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Smithies

Sanderson
    Morrison
    Nelson
    Bennett

Ralls
    Vaulks
    Pack

Tomlin

Glatzel
    Paterson

A free flowing possession based 4-3-1-2, nobody will expect it, especially our players
    I’d forgotten about all this nonsense of fans with an opinion on who should be in the team. I was blissfully unaware of idiots who prefer Smithies to the best goalkeeper we’ve had for decades. (I’m willing to concede the Marshall argument but you see what I mean)

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    I’d forgotten about all this nonsense of fans with an opinion on who should be in the team. I was blissfully unaware of idiots who prefer Smithies to the best goalkeeper we’ve had for decades. (I’m willing to concede the Marshall argument but you see what I mean)
    At the risk of accidentally starting a football debate rather than Coronavirus control, what is it about Etheridge that you rate over Smithies?

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    At the risk of accidentally starting a football debate rather than Coronavirus control, what is it about Etheridge that you rate over Smithies?
    Both are very good keepers. Etheridge is a better shot stopper, Smithies is more polished. As of 12 months ago, there wouldn't even be a debate. I think we will cash in on Etheridge as keeping both is a luxury we cannot afford.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Both are very good keepers. Etheridge is a better shot stopper, Smithies is more polished. As of 12 months ago, there wouldn't even be a debate. I think we will cash in on Etheridge as keeping both is a luxury we cannot afford.
    I think smithies is better keeper

Vaulks was flying before all this.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I think smithies is better keeper
    I generally think it's 50:50. In hindsight we should have cashed in on Etheridge in the summer but there we go!

Smithies

Sanderson
    Morrison
    Nelson
    Bennett

Ralls
    Vaulks

Albert
    Tomlin
    Murphy

Pats

NML has already voiced his concerns about covid and the BAME communities, the end of this season will be about desire and if he doesn't want to play I think it's fair to allow that.

Is Jazz off his sickbed yet ????

Not saying I’d play him, just asking the question, as I only remembered he was here whilst watching a replay of Wales v Slovakia yesterday.

I forgot he even came on there How did he last 14 minutes (including injury time)

Has Smithies become a worse keeper because the pandemic caused a cessation of fixtures? Based on what we saw of Etheridge this season, he has gone backwards and I can't remember there being too many objections when he was left out.

What we don't know is how players have been training and what their mindset is regarding playing - for example, Mendez- Laing had voiced, understandable in his position, reservations about football restarting, he may have come back to training, but is his heart really in it?

Assuming all of our fit players are ready and willing to play against Leeds, my team would be;-

Smithies

Sanderson
    Nelson
    Morrison
    Bennett

Ralls
    Vaulks
    Tomlin

Adomah
    Paterson
    Murphy

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Has Smithies become a worse keeper because the pandemic caused a cessation of fixtures? Based on what we saw of Etheridge this season, he has gone backwards and I can't remember there being too many objections when he was left out.

What we don't know is how players have been training and what their mindset is regarding playing - for example, Mendez- Laing had voiced, understandable in his position, reservations about football restarting, he may have come back to training, but is his heart really in it?

Assuming all of our fit players are ready and willing to play against Leeds, my team would be;-

Smithies

Sanderson
    Nelson
    Morrison
    Bennett

Ralls
    Vaulks
    Tomlin

Adomah
    Paterson
    Murphy
    I'm concerned at how ready Pato will be for 90 mins of football after being at home for 3 months

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    If you had to name a starting XI v Leeds..

Oh and BTW we are going to have a matchday squad of 20 with five subs allowed.

From what I understand Lee Tomlin and N-ML are close to fitness. Vassell and Cunningham are still injured. The loan players are still available.

In case you'd forgotten we don't have Lee Peltier or Omar Bogle any more (I don't think) It's been so long.
    Vassell

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post

Smithies

Sanderson
    Nelson
    Morrison
    Bennett

Ralls
    Vaulks
    Tomlin

Adomah
    Paterson
    Murphy
    Is Danny Ward not fit ????

I’d have him before Murphy

Quote Originally Posted by Gnojek View Post
    Vassell
    According to Neil Harris in his club video interview 2 days ago Tomlin and NML are back training with the rest, Cunningham is also back on the grass (and was pictured in the background clip for the interview) but Vassell has had another setback with his rehab, and has gone backwards. No word on Connolly. No mention of Jazz being injured again.

Isaac Vassell is a very unlucky boy. The way it is going he will see out the rest of his contract on the treatment table - like Matt Connolly has.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    Smithies

Sanderson
    Morrison
    Nelson
    Bennett

Ralls
    Vaulks

NML
    Tomlin
    Murphy

Glatzel
    Liking that 11 a lot. Got me excited for the football coming back. Sure NML will want to play (hope) and can see glatzel getting 9 from 9. Quality in front 4 energy in middle 2. Go for it!

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    According to Neil Harris in his club video interview 2 days ago Tomlin and NML are back training with the rest, Cunningham is also back on the grass (and was pictured in the background clip for the interview) but Vassell has had another setback with his rehab, and has gone backwards. No word on Connolly. No mention of Jazz being injured again.

Isaac Vassell is a very unlucky boy. The way it is going he will see out the rest of his contract on the treatment table - like Matt Connolly has.
    There are quite a few candidates admittedly, but Vassell is arguably NW's worst signing.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    I'm concerned at how ready Pato will be for 90 mins of football after being at home for 3 months
    Paterson scored our last goal before lockdown. He'll be raring to go