+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: City vs Jacks top secret game on Saturday

City vs Jacks top secret game on Saturday

You've got to have ultimate in the know privileges to know where it's being played

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...paign=sharebar

What strange times we live in

Re: City vs Jacks top secret game on Saturday

Shhhh...dont tell anyone.
    PM me for details...lol

According to one of the other boards, City played a couple of one hour long games against Cheltenham yesterday. Details are a bit sketchy, but it seems we won both matches, one of them by 3-1.

City have played them recently in a behind closed doors friendly which took place at the Vale, they won.

The only other friendly I can remember is very early 90s at Ninian Park. Only the Grandstand open for City supporters. A horde of Jacks waltzed about Canton before the game.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    According to one of the other boards, City played a couple of one hour long games against Cheltenham yesterday. Details are a bit sketchy, but it seems we won both matches, one of them by 3-1.
    Little information about it but seems City won 3 - 1 and 2 - 0 in the two games. No doubt we'll get more later

https://www.ctfc.com/news/2020/june/...the-play-offs/

Michael Duff, Cheltenham Manager, says a few bits (not a great deal) about the Cardiff games in this article.

Will the Swansea team show up for the friendly in full kit and ready to go? I've been wondering how players are going to change for games and what they're going to do at half time. For instance, would it make sense for Liverpool players to prepare for the derby game at Anfield and then get on the team bus to Goodison? Is it prudent to keep the players out on the pitch at half time?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Will the Swansea team show up for the friendly in full kit and ready to go? I've been wondering how players are going to change for games and what they're going to do at half time. For instance, would it make sense for Liverpool players to prepare for the derby game at Anfield and then get on the team bus to Goodison? Is it prudent to keep the players out on the pitch at half time?
    It would be better for the Liverpool players to drive straight to Goodison, in their kit, team talk socially-distanced at one end if the stadium/only use facilities for toilets and medical needs. Stay on the pitch at half time, again socially-distanced, then leave without going in the changing rooms if at all possible. If weather dictates (or they dont want team talks overheard) temporary screening could be used.

I'm wondering if Liverpool took the team bus from Anfield to Goodison it would be the shortest journey between two stadia? County/Forest in Nottingham? Dundee/Dundee United?

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    It would be better for the Liverpool players to drive straight to Goodison, in their kit, team talk socially-distanced at one end if the stadium/only use facilities for toilets and medical needs. Stay on the pitch at half time, again socially-distanced, then leave without going in the changing rooms if at all possible. If weather dictates (or they dont want team talks overheard) temporary screening could be used.

I'm wondering if Liverpool took the team bus from Anfield to Goodison it would be the shortest journey between two stadia? County/Forest in Nottingham? Dundee/Dundee United?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3GXQQlXj88

Dundee/Dundee Utd there's be no point even getting on the bus.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3GXQQlXj88

Dundee/Dundee Utd there's be no point even getting on the bus.
    Thanks for the link. Dundee and Dundee United are so close. I'm wondering if it would be possible to kick a ball between the two?

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    Thanks for the link. Dundee and Dundee United are so close. I'm wondering if it would be possible to kick a ball between the two?
    Yes, from the corner of one stadium to the nearest of the other. Would need a big kick but just about possible, especially with the wind behind you.

It’s in the house of sport

Was this game played? Any news?

The teams played two 80 minute games at Cardiff City Stadium both ending in draws

Cardiff and Swansea continued their restart preparation with two games at Cardiff City Stadium on Saturday. The games ended 0 - 0 and 1 - 1 as both teams put the players through their paces. Joe Bennett posted the image below on Instagram.

C:WindowsTempphp6435.tmp

Cardiff boss Neil Harris said “The lads have been brilliant and played today against Swansea in the right manner.

“It was a really good exercise for Steve Cooper and me and great for the boys to get minutes in the legs. It was vital [to have the game] and whilst we know the importance of the rivalry and what it means to our fans, it wasn’t about the score today.

“Logistically we could only play Swansea, Cheltenham and Bristol City ahead of Leeds next weekend; with us playing Bristol City in the League in a few weeks’ time, we only had the two options. Swansea today was as close as we could really get in terms of replicating what it will be like against Leeds next weekend.”

Swansea are a point behind Cardiff in the Championship with the Bluebirds just two points off the play off places. So there's incenive for both teams to challenge.

City welcome Leeds Utd to CCS next Sunday while Swansea play away at Middlebrough on Saturday.

Earlier in the week Cardiff won two games away at Cheltenham.

Cheers Mike. I was away this weekend and hadn't checked my Yahoo.