+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Covid-19's journey to the UK

Heisenberg

Re: Covid-19's journey to the UK

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    The leaked memo was by Stephen Riley not Neil Ferguson.

Ferguson co authored the 16th March Imperial College paper which was known about weeks ago.
    I didn't say Neil Ferguson wrote the memo in question, Elwood.

If you read my post and the one I was quoting, you will see that xsnaggle accused Ferguson of now changing his opinion and I questioned that as he could well have been giving the Govt. information/advice that wasn't being taken at the time (hence me saying "perhaps").

I raised the leaked memo to show that they weren't taking all advice given to them about the impact of not going into lockdown sooner, so we don't know if Ferguson et al were pushing for lockdown and being ignored.

Sorry if that wasn't clear enough

International

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post

If you read my post and the one I was quoting, you will see that xsnaggle accused Ferguson of now changing his opinion and I questioned that as he could well have been giving the Govt. information/advice that wasn't being taken at the time (hence me saying "perhaps").

I raised the leaked memo to show that they weren't taking all advice given to them about the impact of not going into lockdown sooner, so we don't know if Ferguson et al were pushing for lockdown and being ignored.

Oi! I didn't accuse him of changing his opinion, ! don't know what his opinion was. The advise the government takes is an average of lots of different opinion, (I did hear there are up to 100 people in Sage for different things).
    all I said was that until he fcuked up (literally) he was being touted as the leading expert, and he never said that at the time. I used the word 'apparently' meaning that he hadn't voiced that opinion at the time, that's all!
    If he was lauded as the font of all knowledge on the subject why didn't he say it then? (Not asking you by the way, just what I was thinking)
    I just think that like a lot of the stuff that is said and printed it is with the benefit of 20/20 hindsight.
    Is that OK? I'd hate to get into an argument about it.

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Oi! I didn't accuse him of changing his opinion, ! don't know what his opinion was. The advise the government takes is an average of lots of different opinion, (I did hear there are up to 100 people in Sage for different things).
    all I said was that until he fcuked up (literally) he was being touted as the leading expert, and he never said that at the time. I used the word 'apparently' meaning that he hadn't voiced that opinion at the time, that's all!
    If he was lauded as the font of all knowledge on the subject why didn't he say it then? (Not asking you by the way, just what I was thinking)
    I just think that like a lot of the stuff that is said and printed it is with the benefit of 20/20 hindsight.
    Is that OK? I'd hate to get into an argument about it.
    'Now he has suddenly changed his opinion apparently'... That certainly sounds like you think he has suddenly changed his opinion.

'Now he has suddenly changed his opinion apparently'... That certainly sounds like you think he has suddenly changed his opinion.

International

'Now he has suddenly changed his opinion apparently'... That certainly sounds like you think he has apparently suddenly changed his opinion.

How does that look?

Heisenberg

How does that look?
    It looks like you're struggling.

You: "Now he has suddenly changed his opinion apparently"

Also you: "I don't know what his opinion was"

Banned

Also him "I don't read papers real or online"

Also him getting angry at something he read in the papers.

Apologies I thought you meant it show that Ferguson had raised the point before.

You are right though, he may have done. Don't know if he was on the particular committee it was submitted to,although as they were both from Imperial College he was probably aware of Riley's memo.

I do notice though in that when he spoke the other day he did say that it would have been difficult to impose a lock down earlier. Not sure if he said why, I will have to check later.

As I have said there is obviously going to be an independent enquiry at the end of all this to establish who knew (and perhaps just as important who didn't know)when what and why.

The lockdown will obviously be an important part of this.

And don't forget that statements that cannot be substantiated can be mere opinions.......

International

don't be silly. i'd have to be really concerned about this to 'struggle'. Life's too short.

Banned

don't be silly. i'd have to be really concerned about this to 'struggle'. Life's too short.
    Flailing, failing, derailing.

First Minister Mark Drakeford says he will not shift from his cautious approach to easing coronvirus restrictions “however loud the demands”
    “I want you to know that whatever happens elsewhere and however loud the demands to do things differently may be, we will stick to the path we have chosen.”

I get the impression he's quite relishing the genuine power the situation has presented him with.

International

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    First Minister Mark Drakeford says he will not shift from his cautious approach to easing coronvirus restrictions “however loud the demands”
    “I want you to know that whatever happens elsewhere and however loud the demands to do things differently may be, we will stick to the path we have chosen.”

I get the impression he's quite relishing the genuine power the situation has presented him with.
    Yesterday and before he was saying they were listening to hwat the people of Wales were telling them. His comments to day give me the impression he has already deicded the what when and how and isn't going to change it. i hope he does.

He loves it, most people had probably never heard of him before this....

Banned

He's probably relishing having the lowest R rates in the country. Which, you would hope, would be the main focus of all the Governments in the UK.