+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Covid-19's journey to the UK

Re: Covid-19's journey to the UK

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    I was listed to radio programs at that time and so many reasonable people were asking why were people being allowed to come back in from those affected countries. It was so obvious that things were going wrong. We have to assume the only reason UK government acted so slowly was economic. If that's the case shame on Johnson and his advisers.
    What was the legal situation regarding free movement within the UK?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Are you saying the virus didn't originate in China?
    You came to that conclusion? Really?

Don't ever take the piss out of people for having a logical thought process ever again.

Banned

What was the legal situation regarding free movement within the UK?
    The same as it was for the countries of the EU who were able to close borders - despite the Vote Leave people claiming that borders could never be closed.

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    You came to that conclusion? Really?

Don't ever take the piss out of people for having a logical thought process ever again.
    The OP was disputing those comments.

The OP was disputing those comments.
    Was he?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Was he?
    That's why I was asking for clarification and all I got was a mouthful of abuse in response.

Are you saying the virus didn't originate in China?
    You might be into something there , ask the Northern Italians and the impact of very strong trading links with Wuhan , Wuhan to Italy then onto Europe seems tge likely virus route , even with WHO early advise of it not being a human to human transmission virus . ??

https://www.rebellionresearch.com/bl...etter-or-worse

That's why I was asking for clarification and all I got was a mouthful of abuse in response.
    That's why I'm asking why you thought he didn't.

You think that your point of view is superior to all other points of view?
    Absolutely not. I think you're an idiot, though.

Try reading the third paragraph of the report I linked, you hopeless dunce. The BBC article is not questioning the origins of the pandemic. Anybody with a modicum of intelligence should be able to establish that very quickly. Within three short paragraphs, in fact. The article is highlighting scientific analysis of how the virus entered the UK - something that is blatantly obvious but seems to have escaped you and the fool I quoted who posted in the comments section underneath it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post

Try reading the third paragraph of the report I linked, you hopeless dunce. The BBC article is not questioning the origins of the pandemic. Anybody with a modicum of intelligence should be able to establish that very quickly. Within three short paragraphs, in fact. The article is highlighting scientific analysis of how the virus entered the UK - something that is blatantly obvious but seems to have escaped you and the fool I quoted who posted in the comments section underneath it.
    Inglish isunt hiz strong poynt, in fairness. Trying to work out what is....

The government wasn't too concerned with people's rights, it was more concerned with the economy not taking a hit.
    We all have to admit that BoJos plan to put the economy over people appears to have worked out brilliantly.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...-neil-ferguson

https://www.theguardian.com/business...mage-says-oecd

Never mind, we got Brexit to look forward to.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    We all have to admit that BoJos plan to put the economy over people appears to have worked out brilliantly.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...-neil-ferguson

https://www.theguardian.com/business...mage-says-oecd

Never mind, we got Brexit to look forward to.
    If we'd have locked down earlier, the evidence suggests we would have contained this virus sooner and could be getting back to normality more quickly. The dithering over deaths/economy will seemingly make our economy worse, from a time where the economy seemed to be taking precidence.

If we'd have locked down earlier, the evidence suggests we would have contained this virus sooner and could be getting back to normality more quickly. The dithering over deaths/economy will seemingly make our economy worse, from a time where the economy seemed to be taking precidence.
    I 100% agree with you.

The bumbling beanbag’s whole objective was to immediately protect the economy. His belief in Herd immunity being the most visible example of that.

Still we get what we deserve.

Increased death and more poverty. Good ole Boris.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    I 100% agree with you.

The bumbling beanbag’s whole objective was to immediately protect the economy. His belief in Herd immunity being the most visible example of that.

Still we get what we deserve.

Increased death and more poverty. Good ole Boris.
    Sounds like universal credit and the being fit for work programme.

People go on about locking down sooner now, but at the actual time I really don’t recall loads of people I know gagging for it, quite the opposite maybe, until it became inevitable. Strange the government thought it would be too difficult to impose on us and our taken for granted freedoms, yet now the people are saying why didn’t you impose it sooner. A case of being completely out of touch with the masses by Government? Well I never

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    People go on about locking down sooner now, but at the actual time I really don’t recall loads of people I know gagging for it, quite the opposite maybe, until it became inevitable.
    It's not the job of the normal man on the street to decide about this though is it? That's why we elect people in these positions to do what's best for the country and they ****ed it.

People go on about locking down sooner now, but at the actual time I really don’t recall loads of people I know gagging for it, quite the opposite maybe, until it became inevitable. Strange the government thought it would be too difficult to impose on us and our taken for granted freedoms, yet now the people are saying why didn’t you impose it sooner. A case of being completely out of touch with the masses by Government? Well I never
    In the couple of weeks before the lockdown officially started, there were businesses and individuals who were already closing down. I saw newspapers asking why we weren't locking down. The economy/saving lives was quite a big one from what I saw

Italy had been in the shit for about a fortnight before the UK lockdown so I recall there were calls for it to happen. But yeah, I also recall that because it wasn't quite bad enough in the UK, the consensus was that it wouldn't be taken seriously.

I wonder if in hindsight, had the UK locked down successfully and then seen what happened in so many other countries at the same time that maybe it would have been accepted a bit more.

But there were certainly people who thought, ok it's happened in China south Korea Italy and Iran, but that's all. We don't need it.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    It's not the job of the normal man on the street to decide about this though is it? That's why we elect people in these positions to do what's best for the country and they ****ed it.
    More importantly, we elect people who listen to the experts and take their advice. Sadly we've had several years of decisions being taken on political whims and flimsy opinions.

In the couple of weeks before the lockdown officially started, there were businesses and individuals who were already closing down. I saw newspapers asking why we weren't locking down. The economy/saving lives was quite a big one from what I saw
    My company had us working from home 2 weeks before the official lock down and lots of others I knew were either working from home or working in "shifts" so all the workforce wouldn't get infected together.

Pubs and restaurants were open as normal though.

When the money grabbers of the Premier League and football effectively locked down before Boris, we can all see what a colossal, ineffective twat the floppy, cock driven wanker has been.

https://twitter.com/BBCPolitics/stat...466122247?s=09

Who is he again??

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post

Why are you criticising the people in the comments section for having an opinion that is different to yours? The two comments you picked out are highlighting how the BBC article is minimizing the role that China played in the transmission of the the virus to the UK, by saying their contribution to the pandemic was almost zero percent, and they also pointed out that the EU acted as incubation zone that allowed the virus to freely multiply, before it's onward transmission into the UK.

My company had everyone working from home 2 weeks before the lock down and the boss is a penny pinching former accountant so that was very unusual.
    People in Ireland were completely baffled that all their pubs were shut and we were all just carrying on as usual.

The premier league even shut down before the government took any action, shortly afterwards the government announced the lockdown but this really wasn't "leadership" in any rel understanding of the word.

The premier league shut down once Arteta caught the virus, stopping all the matches that were scheduled before the lockdown eventually came in - I dread to think how many lives were saved by Arteta catching the virus. The handling of this by the government has been extremely incompetent.

They now think that if the lockdown had been 1 week earlier, there would have been half the number of deaths or less.