+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: 'Man City's UEFA ban appeal to be decided by CAS in July'

Heisenberg

'Man City's UEFA ban appeal to be decided by CAS in July'

https://www.skysports.com/football/n...by-cas-in-july

The Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) will announce its decision on Manchester City's appeal against their European ban in the first half of July.

The three-day hearing between City and UEFA was conducted by video conference and concluded on Wednesday

"At the end of the hearing, both parties expressed their satisfaction with respect to the conduct of the procedure," read a statement from CAS following the hearing.

"The Panel of arbitrators in charge of the matter, composed of Mr Rui Botica Santos (Portugal), president, Prof. Ulrich Haas (Germany) and Mr Andrew McDougall QC (France), will start its deliberations and prepare the Arbitral Award containing their decision."

"The decision is expected to be issued during the first half of July 2020. The exact date will be communicated in advance."

Manchester City were appealing UEFA's decision in February to ban them from European competition for two years and fine them £25m for "serious breaches" of UEFA's Financial Fair Play (FFP) regulations between 2012 and 2016.
    A source was overheard to have said "I can't believe they still feel the need to cheat".

Too soon?

Re: 'Man City's UEFA ban appeal to be decided by CAS in July'

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post

A source was overheard to have said "I can't believe they still feel the need to cheat".

Too soon?
    Way too soon, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post

Too soon?
    Too soon for what? Am I missing a whoosh?

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Too soon for what? Am I missing a whoosh?
    A Wales-Bales tour de force. Incredible.

http://www.ccmb.co.uk/showthread.php...lay-violations

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    A Wales-Bales tour de force. Incredible.

http://www.ccmb.co.uk/showthread.php...lay-violations
    5 years ago an item of my underwear vanished somewhere between being dried in the tumble, being folded, being taken upstairs and, finally, being placed back in the correct drawer.

The investigation into the disappearance of this pink thong is still ongoing. As a result, I cannot work out whether the garment is still being dried, still being folded, still on its way upstairs, or still being placed in the correct drawer. Maybe it is doing those 4 things simultaneously. After all, it's an ongoing investigation that has yet to come to a conclusion.

Perhaps someone on here could advise.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    5 years ago an item of my underwear vanished somewhere between being dried in the tumble, being folded, being taken upstairs and, finally, being placed back in the correct drawer.

The investigation into the disappearance of this pink thong is still ongoing. As a result, I cannot work out whether the garment is still being dried, still being folded, still on its way upstairs, or still being placed in the correct drawer. Maybe it is doing those 4 things simultaneously. After all, it's an ongoing investigation that has yet to come to a conclusion.

It was staggering, even by his standards. As Heisenberg points out early on, all he had to do was admit he hadn't read the article properly and didn't realise they were only being investigated for historical offences. That would've been it, simple mistake, no problem. But he just couldn't back down and instead spent days trying to cover it up by increasingly bizarre methods. Trying to pull rank on the grammar issue by claiming he had an English A level was a personal favourite but there are plenty to choose from.

I hope you got to the part where he claims that most posters on here are 'operating from behind carefully crafted internet personas'. Beyond parody. An absolute car crash of a thread.

It was staggering, even by his standards. As Heisenberg points out early on, all he had to do was admit he hadn't read the article properly and didn't realise they were only being investigated for historical offences. That would've been it, simple mistake, no problem. But he just couldn't back down and instead spent days trying to cover it up by increasingly bizarre methods. Trying to pull rank on the grammar issue by claiming he had an English A level was a personal favourite but there are plenty to choose from.

I hope you got to the part where he claims that most posters on here are 'operating from behind carefully crafted internet personas'. Beyond parody. An absolute car crash of a thread.
    That thread shows why everyone should ignore him. Presents himself as a genius but is actually painfully thick.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post

Sounds like you bought Schrödinger's thong

Fukkin cheatin knuts!

I did. I got up for a shit at about 6.30 and started reading it. I'd never given it a second glance before, but soon realised there was more crap in that thread than in the pan. It was riveting stuff, watching one person get utterly destroyed for one mistake, with him consistently offering his bonce above the parapet to provide a greater target to hit.

As General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay Melchett once said: "A stubborn refusal to look facts straight in the face will see us through."

Some people said it was only a minor infraction that was commited a long time back, and there wouldn't be any serious consequences. I for one wasn't surprised to see CAS involved in this case, even if I was a lone voice.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Some people said it was only a minor infraction that was commited a long time back, and there wouldn't be any serious consequences. I for one wasn't surprised to see CAS involved in this case, even if I was a lone voice.
    Just a fine then?

Just a fine then?
    Surely the most important unanswered question is "Do they still feel the need to cheat now the investigation is over"?

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Surely the most important unanswered question is "Do they still feel the need to cheat now the investigation is over"?
    He's probably doing a deep dive on Man City right now. Knowing him it'll go way beyond what even the Snopes perception influencers want us to know.

He's probably doing a deep dive on Man City right now. Knowing him it'll go way beyond what even the Snopes perception influencers want us to know.