+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: "Giving the knee"

Re: "Giving the knee"

Here's an interesting story from my neck of the woods:

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/w...5ZO_1RKF4vCnHs

I travel past this artwork most days. Never been vandalised in ten years until the last week. Now it's been vandalised three times within a few days. But there's no racism here, right?

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post

I travel past this artwork most days. Never been vandalised in ten years until the last week. Now it's been vandalised three times within a few days. But there's no racism here, right?
    I reckon the longer BLM goes on, the more it is pissing some people off. Another 3 months and I reckon we'll be back to the same sort of situation we had with the National Front. Just shows the braindead never learn.

Depressing set of comments under the story too.

They were just having a laugh

It was just a joke

No racism in cardiff

Nothing to see

Move along

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Depressing set of comments under the story too.
    Where are the comments ?

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Where are the comments ?
    I think you have to log in to Wales Online. Apart from refreshing the log in every few months it now happens automatically for me whenever I go onto one of their pages. There are 10 comments at the moment and all of them seem to be supporting the vandalism and rubbishing BLM.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    I think you have to log in to Wales Online. Apart from refreshing the log in every few months it now happens automatically for me whenever I go onto one of their pages. There are 10 comments at the moment and all of them seem to be supporting the vandalism and rubbishing BLM.
    No racism in cardiff

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Credit where its due Lardy. Thats a great post.
    Thank you

Change the record ffs. It could be the same person that is responsible each time.
    A city the size of Cardiff is bound to have racists, but you go on and on as though its crawling with them.

Change the record ffs. It could be the same person that is responsible each time.
    A city the size of Cardiff is bound to have racists, but you go on and on as though its crawling with them.
    Of course it is

One racist bloke in cardiff goes round defacing black lives matters t shirts and covering them in dog shit

One racist bloke leaves pigs heads outside mosques

It's one bloke who has systematically defaced the jewish section of western cemetery

I can only think that your suggestion it's one bloke is a joke

You are having a laugh right ?

You are in complete denial

Feck me theres some bollocks spouted on here

White blokes telling other white blokes that racism isnt a problem in wales despite our main centre of multi culturalism , butetown , being excluded from the rest of the city

Go to mermaid quay and it's all white people sucking on ice cream whilst half a mile away you have one of the country's most deprived communities living in tower blocks

And most people who live there are black , unlike the posters on here who tell us racism isnt a problem

Well, it wouldnt be for them , would it ?

A third of welsh school teachers report racist behaviour in the classroom

There is an excellent article written by sara robinson , a cardiff city fan who used to post on here , published in today's western mail ........its called the truth about racism in wales

In it she states that the physical wall separating butetown from the trendily called bay development kept the people of butetown segregated . The new bay are couldnt be less representative of cardiffs maritime cultural history if it tried .

There is not one statue dedicated to the people who helped build cardiff

Later on sara tells how she was walking in a city park and one of the other people in the park is black , he is stopped by the police .

On welsh Twitter a succession of white people , again fecking ironic , que up to post that racism isnt a problem in wales

Get off your knees, this is not america !

It is staggering arrogance for white welsh people to tell people from ethnic minorities living here that their experience is somehow imagined , exaggerated or invented .

How can white people who have never experienced persecution , racist taunts and jokes presume to be experts on how people who have and do experience it should feel or protest about it ?

The whitewashing of butetown extends to the workplace , our cultural life , our institutions

Black people are 8 times more likely to be stopped that white people

Racism may be less lethal , overt here but to deny it's a problem is to deny gravity , we continue to criminalise and discriminate against people of colour in 2020

We have a lot of work to do in wales before we are in any position to judge or tell protestors they have nothing to protest or that BLM is just a bunch of white middle class rich kids .....footage from the demo in cardiff shows people of all backgrounds and races were represented

An excellent article by sara , she is active on Twitter

As for the white working class none were born racist and your class does not make you a racist .
    Is this a white flight problem from the other side of the dyke ?, historically the Welsh are known for their high moral standing .

Quote Originally Posted by trampie09 View Post
    Is this a white flight problem from the other side of the dyke ?, historically the Welsh are known for their high moral standing .
    It's not like you to be jingoistic

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    It's not like you to be jingoistic
    http://blog.policy.manchester.ac.uk/...-about-racism/

Just reading about the 'moral worth' of the Welsh.

http://blog.policy.manchester.ac.uk/...-about-racism/

Just reading about the 'moral worth' of the Welsh.
    Self-praise is no praise at all, they say - and that article refers to the 'belief' and 'sense' of its own population.
    Still, keep up the Welsh supremacist propaganda.

Self-praise is no praise at all, they say - and that article refers to the 'belief' and 'sense' of its own population.
    Still, keep up the Welsh supremacist propaganda.
    The Welsh do set themselves high standards interestingly I have just read segments on the net of totally different books by different authors talking of the Welsh high moral standards compared to others whilst talking about immigration into America, Australia and Argentina.
    Probably something to do with Welsh religion and the chapels at the time, not to mention the influence of Eisteddfods, seen one line talking about the Welsh unmixed have the highest moral standards in the World and another line about the Welsh having the least crime in the World and another about the Welsh being the most literate in the World due to Sunday schools.

Now is this alleged racism malarkey in Cardiff imported from England ? as it was seen by some as an English problem and not a Welsh problem as noted by the above article linked too by me and copied by you.

Of course it is

One racist bloke in cardiff goes round defacing black lives matters t shirts and covering them in dog shit

One racist bloke leaves pigs heads outside mosques

It's one bloke who has systematically defaced the jewish section of western cemetery

I can only think that your suggestion it's one bloke is a joke

You are having a laugh right ?

You are in complete denial
    Are you on magic mushrooms you goon?
    I meant the same person defacing the t shirts, not one person covering the whole of the city 😂

Are you on magic mushrooms you goon?
    I meant the same person defacing the t shirts, not one person covering the whole of the city 😂
    Let's be honest , given your continual denial of racism in cardiff , at cardiff games etc , I didnt need to be under the influence of mushrooms to make that conclusion

You are off again in the burnley all lives matter thread , same old yeah but no but yeah

Let's be honest , given your continual denial of racism in cardiff , at cardiff games etc , I didnt need to be under the influence of mushrooms to make that conclusion

You are off again in the burnley all lives matter thread , same old yeah but no but yeah
    You do realise that I'm entitled to some opinions on here yeah? Just because they may differ from yours, it doesn’t mean I'm in denial of anything.
    You seem to be an expert on every town and City in the UK.

I think it's inevitable that an issue that polarises opinion like BLM will result in a backlash from those that take umbrage in what they see as an attack on our culture by activists from the 'other side'. Feelings are already inflamed and the situation is likely to become much worse over the coming months.

You do realise that I'm entitled to some opinions on here yeah? Just because they may differ from yours, it doesn’t mean I'm in denial of anything.
    You seem to be an expert on every town and City in the UK.
    You are entitled to say whatever you want

But if everything you say seems to be against BLM , pro all lives matter, despite people telling you why all lives matters is a right wing phrase of dubious origin , if you deny that cardiff city has a racist element , and always has , that cardiff has a history of denying racism , and always has then one tends to draw a line in the sand .

I am a fairly well educated bloke on social history in the uk , no expert , but I know a lot about urban geography and immigration

For example most of Bristols west indian community came from Jamaica, most of cardiffs came from st kitts and the smaller islands because when I was at college I did a thesis on it.

I know that leeds and manchester have large jewish communities whilst cardiff , bristol etc do not , as i used to live in leeds

I know that the east side of oxford is a very run down , cosmopolitan part of the city as I used to live there

I know that despite the urban myth bradford has many races and cultures , not just Pakistani Muslim , as i used to live there

It's a mix of education and living in different places

Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    I think it's inevitable that an issue that polarises opinion like BLM will result in a backlash from those that take umbrage in what they see as an attack on our culture by activists from the 'other side'. Feelings are already inflamed and the situation is likely to become much worse over the coming months.
    I know what you are saying but my view is that most of those who talk about an attack on our culture are swivel eyed racists

International

You are entitled to say whatever you want

But if everything you say seems to be against BLM , pro all lives matter, despite people telling you why all lives matters is a right wing phrase of dubious origin , if you deny that cardiff city has a racist element , and always has , that cardiff has a history of denying racism , and always has then one tends to draw a line in the sand .

I am a fairly well educated bloke on social history in the uk , no expert , but I know a lot about urban geography and immigration

For example most of Bristols west indian community came from Jamaica, most of cardiffs came from st kitts and the smaller islands because when I was at college I did a thesis on it.

I know that leeds and manchester have large jewish communities whilst cardiff , bristol etc do not , as i used to live in leeds

I know that the east side of oxford is a very run down , cosmopolitan part of the city as I used to live there

I know that despite the urban myth bradford has many races and cultures , not just Pakistani Muslim , as i used to live there

It's a mix of education and living in different places
    How did you doing a thesis on communities dictate where people from different Caribbean islands went to live?

Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    How did you doing a thesis on communities dictate where people from different Caribbean islands went to live?
    My bad

My papers were about the history of immigration into bristol and cardiff , they didnt come from st kits to cardiff because I told them to

The Welsh do set themselves high standards interestingly I have just read segments on the net of totally different books by different authors talking of the Welsh high moral standards compared to others whilst talking about immigration into America, Australia and Argentina.
    Probably something to do with Welsh religion and the chapels at the time, not to mention the influence of Eisteddfods, seen one line talking about the Welsh unmixed have the highest moral standards in the World and another line about the Welsh having the least crime in the World and another about the Welsh being the most literate in the World due to Sunday schools.

Now is this alleged racism malarkey in Cardiff imported from England ? as it was seen by some as an English problem and not a Welsh problem as noted by the above article linked too by me and copied by you.
    Your usual Welsh supremacy card followed by your 'English being at fault for everything' schtick. So very predictable and so prejudiced.

Your usual Welsh supremacy card followed by your 'English being at fault for everything' schtick. So very predictable and so prejudiced.
    Im not taking a position I'm asking a question.