+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: "Giving the knee"

"Giving the knee"

Who else is bloody fed up with this???
    I have no problem with people of different race...but you cannot change history...it is what it is.
    Why bow down to a different race....white to black...black to white....whatever.

This tearing down of statues is appalling.....times were different.......you regret but you do not destroy.....

Heisenberg

Re: "Giving the knee"

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    I have no problem with people of different race...but you cannot change history...it is what it is.
    Why bow down to a different race....white to black...black to white....whatever.

This tearing down of statues is appalling.....times were different.......you regret but you do not destroy.....
    What... the f**k?

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    What... the f**k?
    What is the point of this blasphemy??

Which bit is the blasphemy - the knee or the statues?

In my opinion there isn't enough blasphemy about - the more the better.

Good article this morning from William Dalrymple (top historian when it comes to India and middle east) on why Clive Of India's statue outside the Foreign Office should be torn down:

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...itish-imperial

Heisenberg

What blasphemy?

Are you ok, Maurice? Let me know if I can help at all.

The F word is not blasphemy.

I agree. What I find odd is pulling down a hollow tin likeness of someone who lived 300 years ago makes people think they've achieved something, yet if they were really bothered about slavery they'd have been demonstrating about 7yr olds being made to work down mines for cobalt in 2020. Probably nothing about in on facebook or twitter though..

Some people deserve a knee in the balls!

What blasphemy?

Are you ok, Maurice? Let me know if I can help at all.
    That piece of halibut was good enough for Jehovah you know!

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    I agree. What I find odd is pulling down a hollow tin likeness of someone who lived 300 years ago makes people think they've achieved something, yet if they were really bothered about slavery they'd have been demonstrating about 7yr olds being made to work down mines for cobalt in 2020. Probably nothing about in on facebook or twitter though..
    I'm sure you'd take offence to these hypothetical protests too

Yeah why protest for something being right unless you're protesting for everything being right!!

International

Is it me or isn't the expression "taking" the knee?

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Which bit is the blasphemy - the knee or the statues?

In my opinion there isn't enough blasphemy about - the more the better.

Good article this morning from William Dalrymple (top historian when it comes to India and middle east) on why Clive Of India's statue outside the Foreign Office should be torn down:

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...itish-imperial
    Shocking behaviour out in India.

I'm sure you'd take offence to these hypothetical protests too
    Maybe, but they'd be more relevant with regards to slavery.

Heisenberg

Maybe, but they'd be more relevant with regards to slavery.
    Thanks for your valuable input. May I add you to the "check with Monkfish before protesting anything" newsletter?

Quote Originally Posted by trampie09 View Post
    Shocking behaviour out in India.
    Wow!! And just found this about goings on in Italy .http://factsanddetails.com/world/cat...ntry-6344.html

Thanks for your valuable input. May I add you to the "check with Monkfish before protesting anything" newsletter?
    Do what you want. Another day hooked up to your laptop trying to boost your ego with sarcasm, profanity and smugness..

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Is it me or isn't the expression "taking" the knee?
    It is. Though in fairness Officer Chauvin was giving the Knee and George Floyd was taking it

Heisenberg

Do what you want. Another day hooked up to your laptop trying to boost your ego with sarcasm, profanity and smugness..
    Judging from your reply, you may also be interested in "Monkfish is a bitter and miserable c**t with no sense of humour" newsletter too. You already know everyone who has signed up to it.

I regret that Stalin and Lenin were leaders of the USSR but I am appalled that people tore down their statues. Something like that?

Why are people with opinions like your always so angry?

Giving ...taking...whatever...it is just ludicrous.....and wrong.
    In the same vein I do not see any need to apologise etc for India....or wherever for colonialism.
    History is History.

Maybe blasphemy was not the right word....perhaps using obscenities is correct...there is simply no need and reflects the user of such language.

The parallels between this and Jimmy Saville are incredible.

The argument for keeping the Colston statue is that "he did so much charitable work".
    As did Saville but do we ignore his 'indiscretions'?
    "Well if you tear down his statue you have to tear down his buildings". So are you suggesting we also close the hospital wards that Saville paid for? No but you maybe rename them as they have done is Great Ormand street.
    "We can't erase history". Nobody is erasing history. Statues sole purpose is to revere and celebrate a person's greatness - maybe put it in a museum like the international slavery museum in Liverpool where its only purpose then is to teach new generations how bloody weird we were building public memorials to murderers and human traffickers.

Wow!! And just found this about goings on in Italy .http://factsanddetails.com/world/cat...ntry-6344.html
    Good shout. I am now also in favour of tearing down the statue of the butcher Tiberius in.... where did you say it is Monkfish?

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    I regret that Stalin and Lenin were leaders of the USSR but I am appalled that people tore down their statues. Something like that?
    yes. History