+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: "Giving the knee"

Re: "Giving the knee"

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    My reluctance to take the knee stems from the fact that these days I might have more than a few problems untaking it.
    Me too!

Is it just me or is "taking the knee" a bit weird considering that the police guy did exactly that on george floyds neck?

Quote Originally Posted by Toadstool View Post
    Is it just me or is "taking the knee" a bit weird considering that the police guy did exactly that on george floyds neck?
    Watch it, you’ll have the tinternet police knocking on your door !!!!!!

PS:——- I thought the same

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    Settling lawsuits isn't an admission of anything.

Kaepernick was offered a contract by Baltimore, pulled by his contract demands and actions of his girlfriend.
    Kaepernick's QBR the last two seasons was poor, leading team to 3-16 record.
    Kapernic was approached by AAF and XFL - wanted guaranteed $20m when both leagues were paying $250k per QB.

Still, it must be his protest and skin colour preventing him being in NFL not his wage demands or poor play...
    Off the top of my head, CK was rated about 26th out of 32 starting QBs so while not a world beater, he was decent enough to start for some teams. There are worse QBs who keep finding employment. The 3-16 record might have had a number of factors. He would've found work if it wasn't for the protests.

International

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Watch it, you’ll have the tinternet police knocking on your door !!!!!!

PS:——- I thought the same
    Note to self: "you must not put a smiley on this post...you must not put a smiley on this post...... you must not put a smiley on this post.... you must no..............."

[QUOTE=BLUETIT;5088722]Watch it, you’ll have the tinternet police knocking on your door !!!!!!

PS:——- I thought the same [/h
    Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Note to self: "you must not put a smiley on this post...you must not put a smiley on this post...... you must not put a smiley on this post.... you must no..............."

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays View Post
    Off the top of my head, CK was rated about 26th out of 32 starting QBs so while not a world beater, he was decent enough to start for some teams. There are worse QBs who keep finding employment. The 3-16 record might have had a number of factors. He would've found work if it wasn't for the protests.
    He was decent enough to start for shit teams wanting to tank a season to draft a better QB the next.

He had zero finesse on his passes, everything was rifled in, even short dump passes to RBs. He was unable to effectively read defences, relying on his first read and then taking off with the ball.

He was replaced by Blaine ****ing Gabbert for god sake.

Contrary to claims, he wasn't cut by 49ers. He would have been, but he opted out of a $13m per year deal. Since then, despite claims, there has been interest but he's priced himself out of the market. He wants starter money when he'd be, at best, a backup. No franchise would pay that.

Let's not forget he was offered a deal by Baltimore which was pulled. Why was it pulled? Maybe because his girlfriend intimated Ray Lewis was an "uncle Tom" and stated Baltimore's owner was a "slave owner". No franchise wants to put up with that shit.

As for 49ers record, good QBs lead and inspire. Kaepernick failed to do so.

He wouldn't have found work without the protests. He'd have been cut and price himself out of the market due to his overgrown ego. Why would he want to work anyway given the money he's making through Nike as chief SJW?

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    I wasn't necessarily talking about myself but can you not envisage a situation where someone e.g. a footballer or a politician did not "take the knee" when everyone around him/her did so? That person would be immediately be in the spotlight with all the unwanted media attention that that would bring. If I was not isolated in rural west Wales but lived in Swansea or Cardiff I probably would have attended one of the demos but if I had, I would have undoubtedly felt under pressure to join in.
    Just by attending the demos you're showing your support, if you don't want to take the knee there you don't have to and no one says a thing. Plenty of people not kneeling, their reasons are their own, and I say that as someone who did go.

In terms of your other point, it's not as if we're all expected to start taking the knee now. Like I said, footballers are doing it this round of games. If 10 of them did it and the other 1 didn't I think you're probably right there'd be questions asked. Not least by their black teammates I suspect, as to why they don't support racial equality.

I'd wonder why black teammates were equating not taking the knee with not supporting racial equality.

Smacks of the whole clapping for NHS crap, don't do it and you're automatically viewed as scum.

He wouldn't have found work without the protests. He'd have been cut and price himself out of the market due to his overgrown ego. Why would he want to work anyway given the money he's making through Nike as chief SJW?
    He'd have been cut? You said he was offered a contract. Overgrown egos often go with the territory. There are reports that the Ravens and Seahawks are favourites to sign him, all despite the lay-off, so he can't be that bad.

I'd wonder why black teammates were equating not taking the knee with not supporting racial equality.

Smacks of the whole clapping for NHS crap, don't do it and you're automatically viewed as scum.
    Because taking the knee for ten seconds is a symbol of supporting racial equality and if 10 of your teammates are doing it and you're refusing to there's got to be a specific reason as to why. I think it's understandable that your black teammates would wonder what that is.

How long before 'Men of Harlech' is attacked for being a celebration of white colonial bully boys massacring brave black Africans?

Quote Originally Posted by The Gifaffe View Post
    How long before 'Men of Harlech' is attacked for being a celebration of white colonial bully boys massacring brave black Africans?
    Eternity?

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays View Post
    He'd have been cut? You said he was offered a contract. Overgrown egos often go with the territory. There are reports that the Ravens and Seahawks are favourites to sign him, all despite the lay-off, so he can't be that bad.
    I did say that. He was given a restructured contract by 49ers, no way they were paying top dollar starting QB money for a backup. He walked away from $13m.

Ravens were looking at a deal, backing up Flacco. Pulled that after his girlfriends comments - and rightly so.

Seattle, well Carroll has always claimed interest but pulling Russell Wilson to play Kaepernick? Never. Going. To Happen.

Kaepernick could easily be on a team if he was willing to accept he'd be a backup, on backup money.

It's amazing that him taking a knee has magically made him into the best QB since Montana, Marino et al. 59% accuracy over his last two seasons isn't going to make GMs rush to hire you.

Kaepernick played his little stunt when given that unprecedented workout - never done for any other player. Moving it 30 minutes before due to start because he wanted his camera crew there to film a Nike commercial? Complaining at the last minute about the waiver when they'd known the details well in advance? he knows he's done as a starting QB so is happy to moan and take the Nike money...

If any NFL team was dumb enough to sign him on the bloated money he wants and even worse start him, the only reason would be that they are tanking for Trevor Lawrence in next draft.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Because taking the knee for ten seconds is a symbol of supporting racial equality and if 10 of your teammates are doing it and you're refusing to there's got to be a specific reason as to why. I think it's understandable that your black teammates would wonder what that is.
    It's virtue signalling that achieves basically nothing.

Would teammates for example, think worse of Bellamy not doing it knowing the work he was doing in Sierra Leonne?

or don't be the only house in the street without a 'rainbow' picture.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    or don't be the only house in the street without a 'rainbow' picture.
    The only use for those rainbow pictures was exposing how many people have zero clue as to the number of colours and colours in a rainbow

To be fair, its not really black people asking for it.

Mainly white middle class people to make them feel good

The only use for those rainbow pictures was exposing how many people have zero clue as to the number of colours and colours in a rainbow
    The number of colours in a rainbow is an interesting subject:
    https://www.languagesoftheworld.info...9;light%20blue').

And did you know that Japanese traffic lights are red, amber and......blue?
    https://www.mentalfloss.com/article/...nfinitescroll1

The first one is pseudo-babble, they missed Indigo out. ROYGBIV.

As for the second, I suddenly feel like buying an air conditioner for some strange reason.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    All total bollox. Do you think for one minute any racists are gonna take notice of all this “taking the knee” nonsense?
    There will always be racists. The answer in football is for all non racist fans to have the balls to stand up to them in the crowds. You cant stop people thinking as racists, but you sure as hell can stop them from spouting the shite.
    Clubs need to identify these cu*ts, put their pictures up on the big screens identifying them as the scum they are and ban them for life.
    Outside of football, then thats a matter for society to be brave and again challenge them at every point.

Quote Originally Posted by The Gifaffe View Post
    I was rather surprised that at the Native American pow-wows I attended many years ago (including the biggest one in the States) the Star-spangled banner was played at each of them. After reading 'I Buried My Heart At Wounded Knee' I expected less respect for the anthem adopted by those who persecuted the indigenous people and, even to this day, has left a huge proportion of them in a less than wealthy state.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    All total bollox. Do you think for one minute any racists are gonna take notice of all this “taking the knee” nonsense?
    There will always be racists. The answer in football is for all non racist fans to have the balls to stand up to them in the crowds. You cant stop people thinking as racists, but you sure as hell can stop them from spouting the shite.
    Clubs need to identify these cu*ts, put their pictures up on the big screens identifying them as the scum they are and ban them for life.
    Outside of football, then thats a matter for society to be brave and again challenge them at every point.
    I like your train of thought here.

Although I still correctly maintain Cantona dealt with racists in the right manner back in 95.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    The number of colours in a rainbow is an interesting subject:
    https://www.languagesoftheworld.info...9;light%20blue').

And did you know that Japanese traffic lights are red, amber and......blue?
    https://www.mentalfloss.com/article/...nfinitescroll1
    And if any of you are interested in the nature of the perception of colour and the linguistics used to express it (and I am probably boring you all to death, as usual) a Namibian tribe has an interesting take on such things:
    https://www.gondwana-collection.com/...as-see-colour/

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    And if any of you are interested in the nature of the perception of colour and the linguistics used to express it (and I am probably boring you all to death, as usual) a Namibian tribe has an interesting take on such things:
    https://www.gondwana-collection.com/...as-see-colour/
    Can trump you for boring facts, once had to produce a range of screen colour setups to cover colour blindess. Did you know there are over 100 different types of colour blindness?