+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910

Thread: "Giving the knee"

Re: "Giving the knee"

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    You are entitled to say whatever you want

But if everything you say seems to be against BLM , pro all lives matter, despite people telling you why all lives matters is a right wing phrase of dubious origin , if you deny that cardiff city has a racist element , and always has , that cardiff has a history of denying racism , and always has then one tends to draw a line in the sand .

I am a fairly well educated bloke on social history in the uk , no expert , but I know a lot about urban geography and immigration

For example most of Bristols west indian community came from Jamaica, most of cardiffs came from st kitts and the smaller islands because when I was at college I did a thesis on it.

I know that leeds and manchester have large jewish communities whilst cardiff , bristol etc do not , as i used to live in leeds

I know that the east side of oxford is a very run down , cosmopolitan part of the city as I used to live there

I know that despite the urban myth bradford has many races and cultures , not just Pakistani Muslim , as i used to live there

It's a mix of education and living in different places
    If you are fairly well educated on social history and urban geography and immigration what is your take on the Anglo Saxon races overrunning Britannia ?, are we better or worse off ? or is it impossible to tell ?
    Some say the laws of Hywel Dda were so advanced it took English law about a 1000 years to catch up.

International

Feck me theres some bollocks spouted on here

White blokes telling other white blokes that racism isnt a problem in wales despite our main centre of multi culturalism , butetown , being excluded from the rest of the city

Go to mermaid quay and it's all white people sucking on ice cream whilst half a mile away you have one of the country's most deprived communities living in tower blocks

And most people who live there are black , unlike the posters on here who tell us racism isnt a problem

Well, it wouldnt be for them , would it ?

A third of welsh school teachers report racist behaviour in the classroom

There is an excellent article written by sara robinson , a cardiff city fan who used to post on here , published in today's western mail ........its called the truth about racism in wales

In it she states that the physical wall separating butetown from the trendily called bay development kept the people of butetown segregated . The new bay are couldnt be less representative of cardiffs maritime cultural history if it tried .

There is not one statue dedicated to the people who helped build cardiff

Later on sara tells how she was walking in a city park and one of the other people in the park is black , he is stopped by the police .

On welsh Twitter a succession of white people , again fecking ironic , que up to post that racism isnt a problem in wales

Get off your knees, this is not america !

It is staggering arrogance for white welsh people to tell people from ethnic minorities living here that their experience is somehow imagined , exaggerated or invented .

How can white people who have never experienced persecution , racist taunts and jokes presume to be experts on how people who have and do experience it should feel or protest about it ?

The whitewashing of butetown extends to the workplace , our cultural life , our institutions

Black people are 8 times more likely to be stopped that white people

Racism may be less lethal , overt here but to deny it's a problem is to deny gravity , we continue to criminalise and discriminate against people of colour in 2020

We have a lot of work to do in wales before we are in any position to judge or tell protestors they have nothing to protest or that BLM is just a bunch of white middle class rich kids .....footage from the demo in cardiff shows people of all backgrounds and races were represented

An excellent article by sara , she is active on Twitter

As for the white working class none were born racist and your class does not make you a racist .
    But you speak of the wall as if it was deliberately built to hide the black community from everyone, and of course you know very well that that is not true and never had been. The wall was built to keep people off the permanent way so the coal wagons could get to the docks and as part of the boundary wall of the bute west dock. and the Lady recounting the black man stopped by police in a park. I've never seen police in Cardiff randomly stop anyone, whether black yellow white [pink or green. They stop people when there is a need. But even then I've not seen it and certainly not against any particular group of people.
    you talk about people spouting bollox, but you are just as guilty of it as anyone else when it suits your argument.

Quote Originally Posted by trampie09 View Post
    Im not taking a position I'm asking a question.
    It's a stupid question and fits in with your incessant anti-English prejudice.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    It's a stupid question and fits in with your incessant anti-English prejudice.
    No prejudice, if the cap fits.

No prejudice, if the cap fits.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    But you speak of the wall as if it was deliberately built to hide the black community from everyone, and of course you know very well that that is not true and never had been. The wall was built to keep people off the permanent way so the coal wagons could get to the docks and as part of the boundary wall of the bute west dock. and the Lady recounting the black man stopped by police in a park. I've never seen police in Cardiff randomly stop anyone, whether black yellow white [pink or green. They stop people when there is a need. But even then I've not seen it and certainly not against any particular group of people.
    you talk about people spouting bollox, but you are just as guilty of it as anyone else when it suits your argument.
    If you dont think black people are stopped in cardiff randomly then you must be a public relations officer for the force

Why would sara robinson , who you can contact on twitter , a fellow cardiff city fan make up a story about going for a walk in a park and seeing a black bloke get stopped by the police ?

If you think shes lying show your cards and tell her

https://www.stop-watch.org/your-area/area/south-wales

If you dont think black people are stopped in cardiff randomly then you must be a public relations officer for the force

Why would sara robinson , who you can contact on twitter , a fellow cardiff city fan make up a story about going for a walk in a park and seeing a black bloke get stopped by the police ?

Being “devils advocate” here, but sometimes all is not what it seems !!
    About 5 years ago, there were a team of gypsy’s (yes, definitely) targeting houses in Rhiwbina and Llanishen. They had a WHITE VAN.

Now I live in Llanishen and at the time, I drove a WHITE VAN.
    THREE times in one day I was stopped by different police officers whilst driving around Rhiwbina, as they were checking EVERY WHITE VAN.

Now maybe, just maybe, a crime had been committed in the area in question, where the black man was walking.
    If the description of the offender was “a black man”, would not this justify questioning him.
    It depends on what when on before.

Same as car accidents, someone caused it, and drives off, “no one sees what happened before”

Thank you very much

I refer you to the link provided by veg1960

Black people are 6 times more likely to be stopped in south wales than white people

That's staggering

Now either this woman who saw the police randomly stop a black guy in cardiff is lying or your view , based only on the evidence of your own eyes which are those of a white person are correct

The evidence suggests you are wrong

Thank you very much
    I can't work out from that table if a black person is 7.4 times more likely to be stopped and searched than a white person, or if 7.4 black people are stopped for every white person.

Pretty illuminating either way

If you are fairly well educated on social history and urban geography and immigration what is your take on the Anglo Saxon races overrunning Britannia ?, are we better or worse off ? or is it impossible to tell ?
    Some say the laws of Hywel Dda were so advanced it took English law about a 1000 years to catch up.
    No tribe or people are truly indigenous to these islands. The Celts, the Normans, the Jutes, the Frisians, the Danes, the Saxons and the Angles are merely people who moved around Europe in different waves and none of them was a pure race in the first place. And let's not forget that many armies picked up recruits from everywhere they passed through and that mercenaries joined them in order to share the spoils. Each invasion meant that their influence and DNA made their mark and we are a very mongrel race. All this racial purity you spout is sheer nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Veg1960 View Post
    I can't work out from that table if a black person is 7.4 times more likely to be stopped and searched than a white person, or if 7.4 black people are stopped for every white person.

Pretty illuminating either way
    I think it's for every 1 white person stopped 7 black people are stopped

Considering that 5 percent of cardiffs population is black , that's worrying

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    No tribe or people are truly indigenous to these islands. The Celts, the Normans, the Jutes, the Frisians, the Danes, the Saxons and the Angles are merely people who moved around Europe in different waves and none of them was a pure race in the first place. And let's not forget that many armies picked up recruits from everywhere they passed through and that mercenaries joined them in order to share the spoils. Each invasion meant that their influence and DNA made their mark and we are a very mongrel race. All this racial purity you spout is sheer nonsense.
    Oldest surviving indigenous people here, Britannia belongs to the Welsh, Offa's Dyke proved to be a bigger barrier to Germanic dna than the North sea did.

International

I didn't say she was lying, I said I have never seen it in Cardiff. Never!!!!!! you're ultra defensive there aren't you sludge?

Feck me theres some bollocks spouted on here

White blokes telling other white blokes that racism isnt a problem in wales despite our main centre of multi culturalism , butetown , being excluded from the rest of the city

Go to mermaid quay and it's all white people sucking on ice cream whilst half a mile away you have one of the country's most deprived communities living in tower blocks

And most people who live there are black , unlike the posters on here who tell us racism isnt a problem

Well, it wouldnt be for them , would it ?

A third of welsh school teachers report racist behaviour in the classroom

There is an excellent article written by sara robinson , a cardiff city fan who used to post on here , published in today's western mail ........its called the truth about racism in wales

In it she states that the physical wall separating butetown from the trendily called bay development kept the people of butetown segregated . The new bay are couldnt be less representative of cardiffs maritime cultural history if it tried .

There is not one statue dedicated to the people who helped build cardiff

Later on sara tells how she was walking in a city park and one of the other people in the park is black , he is stopped by the police .

On welsh Twitter a succession of white people , again fecking ironic , que up to post that racism isnt a problem in wales

Get off your knees, this is not america !

It is staggering arrogance for white welsh people to tell people from ethnic minorities living here that their experience is somehow imagined , exaggerated or invented .

How can white people who have never experienced persecution , racist taunts and jokes presume to be experts on how people who have and do experience it should feel or protest about it ?

The whitewashing of butetown extends to the workplace , our cultural life , our institutions

Black people are 8 times more likely to be stopped that white people

Racism may be less lethal , overt here but to deny it's a problem is to deny gravity , we continue to criminalise and discriminate against people of colour in 2020

We have a lot of work to do in wales before we are in any position to judge or tell protestors they have nothing to protest or that BLM is just a bunch of white middle class rich kids .....footage from the demo in cardiff shows people of all backgrounds and races were represented

An excellent article by sara , she is active on Twitter

As for the white working class none were born racist and your class does not make you a racist .
    What nationality is this Sara person ?, what is her angle, how long has she been in Cardiff ?, is this the first time she has written about this topic since all the fuss ?
    What's the crime stats for black people for crimes committed ?, is it out of sink for being stopped ?, Was the person that Sara seen stopped a criminal ?

You are taking a risk putting your faith in a Western Mail journalist, they are a Labour unionist paper (unionist as in GSTQ newspaper) and need to be treated accordingly.

What nationality is this Sara person ?, what is her angle, how long has she been in Cardiff ?, is this the first time she has written about this topic since all the fuss ?
    What's the crime stats for black people for crimes committed ?, is it out of sink for being stopped ?, Was the person that Sara seen stopped a criminal ?

You are taking a risk putting your faith in a Western Mail journalist, they are a Labour unionist paper (unionist as in GSTQ newspaper) and need to be treated accordingly.
    ‘Out of sink’ has got escaped goats worried.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    ‘Out of sink’ has got escaped goats worried.