+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: "Giving the knee"

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: "Giving the knee"

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    It's virtue signalling that achieves basically nothing.

Would teammates for example, think worse of Bellamy not doing it knowing the work he was doing in Sierra Leonne?
    He'd do it though wouldn't he

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    He'd do it though wouldn't he
    It's a hypothetica example.

And no, he probably wouldn't have during his playing days, given the state of his knees might never have got back up again.

I'd wonder why black teammates were equating not taking the knee with not supporting racial equality.

Smacks of the whole clapping for NHS crap, don't do it and you're automatically viewed as scum.
    or don't be the only house in the street without a 'rainbow' picture.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    or don't be the only house in the street without a 'rainbow' picture.
    The only use for those rainbow pictures was exposing how many people have zero clue as to the number of colours and colours in a rainbow

The only use for those rainbow pictures was exposing how many people have zero clue as to the number of colours and colours in a rainbow
    The number of colours in a rainbow is an interesting subject:
    https://www.languagesoftheworld.info...9;light%20blue').

And did you know that Japanese traffic lights are red, amber and......blue?
    https://www.mentalfloss.com/article/...nfinitescroll1

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    The number of colours in a rainbow is an interesting subject:
    https://www.languagesoftheworld.info...9;light%20blue').

And did you know that Japanese traffic lights are red, amber and......blue?
    https://www.mentalfloss.com/article/...nfinitescroll1
    And if any of you are interested in the nature of the perception of colour and the linguistics used to express it (and I am probably boring you all to death, as usual) a Namibian tribe has an interesting take on such things:
    https://www.gondwana-collection.com/...as-see-colour/

How long before 'Men of Harlech' is attacked for being a celebration of white colonial bully boys massacring brave black Africans?

Quote Originally Posted by The Gifaffe View Post
    How long before 'Men of Harlech' is attacked for being a celebration of white colonial bully boys massacring brave black Africans?
    Eternity?

Quote Originally Posted by The Gifaffe View Post
    I was rather surprised that at the Native American pow-wows I attended many years ago (including the biggest one in the States) the Star-spangled banner was played at each of them. After reading 'I Buried My Heart At Wounded Knee' I expected less respect for the anthem adopted by those who persecuted the indigenous people and, even to this day, has left a huge proportion of them in a less than wealthy state.

Been following this Fred, but reading the HEADING, I can’t get the old Grangetown End song, out of my head !!!!!

“We’re going to, jump down, turn around, kick ‘um in the bollocks”
    “We’re going to jump down, turn around, kick ‘um in the head”
    Etc, etc, etc

It’s just that phrase “ Giving the Knee”

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Been following this Fred, but reading the HEADING, I can’t get the old Grangetown End song, out of my head !!!!!

“We’re going to, jump down, turn around, kick ‘um in the bollocks”
    “We’re going to jump down, turn around, kick ‘um in the head”
    Etc, etc, etc

It’s just that phrase “ Giving the Knee”
    You forgot 'Oh, Lordy'.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    You forgot 'Oh, Lordy'.
    Grey matter is drying up

To be fair, its not really black people asking for it.

Mainly white middle class people to make them feel good

The first one is pseudo-babble, they missed Indigo out. ROYGBIV.

As for the second, I suddenly feel like buying an air conditioner for some strange reason.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Because taking the knee for ten seconds is a symbol of supporting racial equality and if 10 of your teammates are doing it and you're refusing to there's got to be a specific reason as to why. I think it's understandable that your black teammates would wonder what that is.
    All total bollox. Do you think for one minute any racists are gonna take notice of all this “taking the knee” nonsense?
    There will always be racists. The answer in football is for all non racist fans to have the balls to stand up to them in the crowds. You cant stop people thinking as racists, but you sure as hell can stop them from spouting the shite.
    Clubs need to identify these cu*ts, put their pictures up on the big screens identifying them as the scum they are and ban them for life.
    Outside of football, then thats a matter for society to be brave and again challenge them at every point.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    All total bollox. Do you think for one minute any racists are gonna take notice of all this “taking the knee” nonsense?
    There will always be racists. The answer in football is for all non racist fans to have the balls to stand up to them in the crowds. You cant stop people thinking as racists, but you sure as hell can stop them from spouting the shite.
    Clubs need to identify these cu*ts, put their pictures up on the big screens identifying them as the scum they are and ban them for life.
    Outside of football, then thats a matter for society to be brave and again challenge them at every point.
    I like your train of thought here.

Although I still correctly maintain Cantona dealt with racists in the right manner back in 95.

Lawsuit waiting to happen

Considering stopping the England egg fans singing 'swing low' as well I've read.

Wasn't aware of the songs origins.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Lawsuit waiting to happen
    So that stops it does it? Things need to change big time, and a law suit is one of those things. Thats if we as a nation are gonna get serious about this poison.
    Its the sane in Scottish football with sectarianism Clubs, especially the old firm have just paid lip service to the problem for decades.
    Weed the *****res out, and ban them for life. Or carry on as normal, and moan about it every time it rears its ugly head..

It's very intimidating standing up to racists at football matches , I have shopped people doing nazi salutes in front on me on the Bob bank , it was a relief when the stewards came in and took him out , my mate said I " shouldn't have got involved " What he really meant was he was shit scared of people like that and a lot of people feel the same .

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    It's very intimidating standing up to racists at football matches , I have shopped people doing nazi salutes in front on me on the Bob bank , it was a relief when the stewards came in and took him out , my mate said I " shouldn't have got involved " What he really meant was he was shit scared of people like that and a lot of people feel the same .
    Then you will know how Black fans and players will feel then
    Ive stood up to racists many times in all walks of life, and I'm not particularly big or hard. Ive got myself in bother over it, but it wouldn't stop me
    Thats the problem. Most people wont get involved, and these tossers continually get away with it.
    As I've said earlier, there will always be racists, but they need to be outed at every point.
    I’ve even fallen out with mates about it..

Ive stood up to racists many times in all walks of life, and I'm not particularly big or hard. Ive got myself in bother over it, but it wouldn't stop me
    Thats the problem. Most people wont get involved, and these tossers continually get away with it.
    As I've said earlier, there will always be racists, but they need to be outed at every point.
    Why do black footballers always play up front?

So you can keep an eye on them!

I usually find a stare in the eyes of the individuals settles it down ,however I dont see a lot of this stuff down the City and I've been around some nutters ,other than when we played Leicester in the old days , and there were songs about them being just a small town in Asia .

Its also interesting the club allows the police into the ground to monitor and eject homophobia chanting which is far more prevalent noticeably at the last home game with Brighton , nothing like that for racism , does the club and stewards think its not a big issue in Wales unlike England .

Should we now consider insults at others people , is also racist based IE English insults .

If we feel this morally positioned and caring should we now refrain for asking a certain club to look in the dustbins to eat rats ??

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I usually find a stare in the eyes of the individuals settles it down ,however I dont see a lot of this stuff down the City and I've been around some nutters ,other than when we played Leicester in the old days , and there were songs about them being just a small town in Asia .

Its also interesting the club allows the police into the ground to monitor and eject homophobia chanting which is far more prevalent noticeably at the last home game with Brighton , nothing like that for racism , does the club and stewards think its not a big issue in Wales unlike England .

Should we now consider insults at others people , is also racist based IE English insults .

If we feel this morally positioned and caring should we now refrain for asking a certain club to look in the dustbins to eat rats ??
    Once the furore over BLM dies down, the game should reflect seriously in the disproportional representation of non Black BAME - there's a lack of Asian, Jewish et al footballers in the British game.

Sadly, I doubt that cause will be championed as much as BLM.

So that stops it does it? Things need to change big time, and a law suit is one of those things. Thats if we as a nation are gonna get serious about this poison.
    Its the sane in Scottish football with sectarianism Clubs, especially the old firm have just paid lip service to the problem for decades.
    Weed the *****res out, and ban them for life. Or carry on as normal, and moan about it every time it rears its ugly head..
    I'm on about if they start the naming and shaming. Even if they are horrible little racists who deserve it, if that action was to result in them being hurt or it had an effect on their job etc people would soon start feeling sorry for themselves.