+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: "Giving the knee"

Re: "Giving the knee"

Been following this Fred, but reading the HEADING, I can’t get the old Grangetown End song, out of my head !!!!!

“We’re going to, jump down, turn around, kick ‘um in the bollocks”
    “We’re going to jump down, turn around, kick ‘um in the head”
    Etc, etc, etc

It’s just that phrase “ Giving the Knee”

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Been following this Fred, but reading the HEADING, I can’t get the old Grangetown End song, out of my head !!!!!

“We’re going to, jump down, turn around, kick ‘um in the bollocks”
    “We’re going to jump down, turn around, kick ‘um in the head”
    Etc, etc, etc

It’s just that phrase “ Giving the Knee”
    You forgot 'Oh, Lordy'.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    It's virtue signalling that achieves basically nothing.

Would teammates for example, think worse of Bellamy not doing it knowing the work he was doing in Sierra Leonne?
    He'd do it though wouldn't he

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    You forgot 'Oh, Lordy'.
    Grey matter is drying up

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    All total bollox. Do you think for one minute any racists are gonna take notice of all this “taking the knee” nonsense?
    There will always be racists. The answer in football is for all non racist fans to have the balls to stand up to them in the crowds. You cant stop people thinking as racists, but you sure as hell can stop them from spouting the shite.
    Clubs need to identify these cu*ts, put their pictures up on the big screens identifying them as the scum they are and ban them for life.
    Outside of football, then thats a matter for society to be brave and again challenge them at every point.
    Lawsuit waiting to happen

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    He'd do it though wouldn't he
    It's a hypothetica example.

And no, he probably wouldn't have during his playing days, given the state of his knees might never have got back up again.

Considering stopping the England egg fans singing 'swing low' as well I've read.

Wasn't aware of the songs origins.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Lawsuit waiting to happen
    So that stops it does it? Things need to change big time, and a law suit is one of those things. Thats if we as a nation are gonna get serious about this poison.
    Its the sane in Scottish football with sectarianism Clubs, especially the old firm have just paid lip service to the problem for decades.
    Weed the *****res out, and ban them for life. Or carry on as normal, and moan about it every time it rears its ugly head..

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    You forgot 'Oh, Lordy'.
    Grey matter is drying up

Bloody hell, I’m surprised you didn’t pick up on “Grangetown End” instead of what it should have been “GRANGE-END”

Norwich v Southampton doing my head in

All total bollox. Do you think for one minute any racists are gonna take notice of all this “taking the knee” nonsense?
    There will always be racists. The answer in football is for all non racist fans to have the balls to stand up to them in the crowds. You cant stop people thinking as racists, but you sure as hell can stop them from spouting the shite.
    Clubs need to identify these cu*ts, put their pictures up on the big screens identifying them as the scum they are and ban them for life.
    Outside of football, then thats a matter for society to be brave and again challenge them at every point.
    It's very intimidating standing up to racists at football matches , I have shopped people doing nazi salutes in front on me on the Bob bank , it was a relief when the stewards came in and took him out , my mate said I " shouldn't have got involved " What he really meant was he was shit scared of people like that and a lot of people feel the same .

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    It's very intimidating standing up to racists at football matches , I have shopped people doing nazi salutes in front on me on the Bob bank , it was a relief when the stewards came in and took him out , my mate said I " shouldn't have got involved " What he really meant was he was shit scared of people like that and a lot of people feel the same .
    Then you will know how Black fans and players will feel then
    Ive stood up to racists many times in all walks of life, and I'm not particularly big or hard. Ive got myself in bother over it, but it wouldn't stop me
    Thats the problem. Most people wont get involved, and these tossers continually get away with it.
    As I've said earlier, there will always be racists, but they need to be outed at every point.
    I’ve even fallen out with mates about it..

So that stops it does it? Things need to change big time, and a law suit is one of those things. Thats if we as a nation are gonna get serious about this poison.
    Its the sane in Scottish football with sectarianism Clubs, especially the old firm have just paid lip service to the problem for decades.
    Weed the *****res out, and ban them for life. Or carry on as normal, and moan about it every time it rears its ugly head..
    I'm on about if they start the naming and shaming. Even if they are horrible little racists who deserve it, if that action was to result in them being hurt or it had an effect on their job etc people would soon start feeling sorry for themselves.

Ive stood up to racists many times in all walks of life, and I'm not particularly big or hard. Ive got myself in bother over it, but it wouldn't stop me
    Thats the problem. Most people wont get involved, and these tossers continually get away with it.
    As I've said earlier, there will always be racists, but they need to be outed at every point.
    There was a black lady a few yards to my right as this feckwit was doing the nazi salute . There was no way as I was going to tell him to stop , I wanted him done so I told a steward who must have alerted CCTV and he was taken out at half time . He got fined and banned . If I had said something it could have ended up in a punch up .

Bloody hell, I’m surprised you didn’t pick up on “Grangetown End” instead of what it should have been “GRANGE-END”

Norwich v Southampton doing my head in
    It was the Grangetown End wasn’t it?

Why do black footballers always play up front?

So you can keep an eye on them!

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Why do black footballers always play up front?

So you can keep an eye on them!
    Whats your point? Ate you saying that makes me a racist?If it had been a quip about a 103yr old woman who had just passed away it would be fine.
    Back under your rock,

Whats your point? Ate you saying that makes me a racist?If it had been a quip about a 103yr old woman who had just passed away it would be fine.
    Back under your rock,
    I've called out 'casual racism' in my local more than once. Needs to be done.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    It's a hypothetica example.

And no, he probably wouldn't have during his playing days, given the state of his knees might never have got back up again.
    Talk about desperation not to say you're wrong - I made a joke of the fact that I wouldn't be able to get up again if I took the knee because I'm a not very fit, overweight, sixty four year old, but I'd do it anyway even if the getting up part from it would hardly be graceful. Bellamy was a professional footballer who got paid an awful lot of money by our club right up to the end of his career, he was also the sort of player who always gave 100 per cent in every game, he may not have been the physical specimen at the end of his career that he was at the start of it, but to seriously suggest his knees were so bad that he wouldn't have been able to pick himself up is barmy.

You do release that you are dismissing footballers as virtue signallers for taking the knee do you? Just think about that, they are free to do what they like in this country and, as far as I'm aware, every single one of them so far has done it. Are you saying that if you were a Premier League footballer, you'd not do it? What point would you be wanting to make by not doing it if, as I presume you do, you say you're not a racist?

Seems to me that footballers of all colours in this country are exercising their right of choice, what's wrong with that? I thought you libertarian types were all in favour of that.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    I've called out 'casual racism' in my local more than once. Needs to be done.
    I did it a couple of times in pubs as well while thinking "Christ, I'm likely to get filled in here", but on both occasions, the racist backed down. The thing is though, it was only one person really on both occasions - both times he had mates with him, but on one of them at least, there were far more of us than them. I'm pretty certain I would not have been so brave at a game where I always sit with one person and it was a group of, say, five, who were shouting racist abuse.

Back under your rock,
    I'm just trying to get to the bottom of the enigma that is William.

On the one hand, a vigilante who singlehandedly stands up for black fans and footballers with no concern to his personal safety.

On the other hand, someone who spent days trying to figure out what was wrong with putting the above joke in a thread about black goalkeepers.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    I'm just trying to get to the bottom of the enigma that is William.

On the one hand, a vigilante who singlehandedly stands up for black fans and footballers with no concern to his personal safety.

On the other hand, someone who spent days trying to figure out what was wrong with putting the above joke in a thread about black goalkeepers.
    There is no enigma. I, along with many others on here, have made similar attempted stabs at humour like that, only replace “blacks” for Scousers” and not a single accusation against me , or the many others, has been made.
    All jokes about colour and creed are generalisations and stereotyping, otherwise they wouldn't work would they? Eg, Irish being thick, Scottish being tight, Welsh shagging sheep, Scousers career criminals, Scousers work shy etc etc,
    I can, but if you cant differentiate attempted humour, and pure hatred, then its you who has a problem.
    As for me being a vigilante who single handedly stands up for black fans and footballers with no concerns for my personal safety, then thats yours interpretation, not mine.
    I have called out racists on many occasions, and i have got into trouble for doing it a few times, but I'm not daft, or a hero with super powers, and wouldn't approach a gang of racists for obvious reasons. .
    If more people did it at games, it would help with eradicating it, at least at football stadiums.

There is no enigma. I, along with many others on here, have made similar attempted stabs at humour like that, only replace “blacks” for Scousers” and not a single accusation against me , or the many others, has been made.
    All jokes about colour and creed are generalisations and stereotyping, otherwise they wouldn't work would they? Eg, Irish being thick, Scottish being tight, Welsh shagging sheep, Scousers career criminals, Scousers work shy etc etc,
    I can, but if you cant differentiate attempted humour, and pure hatred, then its you who has a problem.
    As for me being a vigilante who single handedly stands up for black fans and footballers with no concerns for my personal safety, then thats yours interpretation, not mine.
    I have called out racists on many occasions, and i have got into trouble for doing it a few times, but I'm not daft, or a hero with super powers, and wouldn't approach a gang of racists for obvious reasons. .
    If more people did it at games, it would help with eradicating it, at least at football stadiums.
    Have people from liverpool or the Welsh been subject to slavery , beatings , lynchings over centuries and until recently been made to travel on segregated buses , been denied the vote and are you 6 times likely to be stopped by the police if you are welsh or from liverpool than if you are say from Norfolk?

The irish have certainly over history suffered discrimination and abuse and our language in Wales was the subject of an attempt to snuff it out in the 19th century but comparing our history and jokes about the people of liverpool to jokes about black people is absurd

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Talk about desperation not to say you're wrong - I made a joke of the fact that I wouldn't be able to get up again if I took the knee because I'm a not very fit, overweight, sixty four year old, but I'd do it anyway even if the getting up part from it would hardly be graceful. Bellamy was a professional footballer who got paid an awful lot of money by our club right up to the end of his career, he was also the sort of player who always gave 100 per cent in every game, he may not have been the physical specimen at the end of his career that he was at the start of it, but to seriously suggest his knees were so bad that he wouldn't have been able to pick himself up is barmy.

You do release that you are dismissing footballers as virtue signallers for taking the knee do you? Just think about that, they are free to do what they like in this country and, as far as I'm aware, every single one of them so far has done it. Are you saying that if you were a Premier League footballer, you'd not do it? What point would you be wanting to make by not doing it if, as I presume you do, you say you're not a racist?

Seems to me that footballers of all colours in this country are exercising their right of choice, what's wrong with that? I thought you libertarian types were all in favour of that.
    To believe the comment about Bellamy not getting back up was serious shows an absolute desperation on your part to make a point out of nothing

Kneeing is an empty gesture that achieves absolutely nothing. Footballers are virtue signallers, Liverpool players will take the knee whilst conveniently ignoring Liverpool's defence of Suarez coming out with offensive racist slurs...

It's nice to see you're intimating anyone not kneeling is racist. If somebody wants to take the knee, that's up to them. If they don't that's up to them. Pretty scummy to intimate anyone not doing so must be racist...

I usually find a stare in the eyes of the individuals settles it down ,however I dont see a lot of this stuff down the City and I've been around some nutters ,other than when we played Leicester in the old days , and there were songs about them being just a small town in Asia .

Its also interesting the club allows the police into the ground to monitor and eject homophobia chanting which is far more prevalent noticeably at the last home game with Brighton , nothing like that for racism , does the club and stewards think its not a big issue in Wales unlike England .

Should we now consider insults at others people , is also racist based IE English insults .

If we feel this morally positioned and caring should we now refrain for asking a certain club to look in the dustbins to eat rats ??

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Have people from liverpool or the Welsh been subject to slavery , beatings , lynchings over centuries and until recently been made to travel on segregated buses , been denied the vote and are you 6 times likely to be stopped by the police if you are welsh or from liverpool than if you are say from Norfolk?

The irish have certainly over history suffered discrimination and abuse and our language in Wales was the subject of an attempt to snuff it out in the 19th century but comparing our history and jokes about the people of liverpool to jokes about black people is absurd
    In your world it is.
    Last edited by William Treseder; 20-06-20 at 09:56. Reason: Grammar