+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Season Ticket & Match Ticket Refunds

Re: Season Ticket & Match Ticket Refunds

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    "Should" show or will show? Do donations to the academy show up on the balance sheet as such? Where's Since62 when you need him.

You can add your vouchers for the club shop to the donation too - maybe the academy can buy some more kit with it
    What will you do with your season ticket??

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    What will you do with your season ticket??
    Option 2. £70 off the next available season ticket.

You?

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    This is going to ruffle some feathers.

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news...ket-purchasers
    The options don't cover me and a few others I know. We have season tickets but also paid for iFollow for the year - live abroad. Maybe the club could come up with an option for us rather than us paying twice for a rubbish TV stream (at 4 and 430am).

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by az city View Post
    The options don't cover me and a few others I know. We have season tickets but also paid for iFollow for the year - live abroad. Maybe the club could come up with an option for us rather than us paying twice for a rubbish TV stream (at 4 and 430am).
    There's an option for a cash refund on season tickets.

"Should you instead opt for a cash refund, you will receive a pro-rata cash refund and will forego your status as a Season Ticket Holder, along with associated benefits. You can do so from Monday 15th June at 2pm"

They could/should have put it under an 'Option 3'.

You should be able to request the cash refund and then watch the games on your iFollow subscription.

Quote Originally Posted by az city View Post
    Just get the refund, and use your ifollow account to watch the games ?

edit- just saw above post suggest same

Quote Originally Posted by Gnojek View Post
    "Should you instead opt for a cash refund, you will receive a pro-rata cash refund and will forego your status as a Season Ticket Holder, along with associated benefits. You can do so from Monday 15th June at 2pm, here."

Maybe I'm missing something obvious, but what does the section above in bold/itallics getting at?
    Quote Originally Posted by PontBlue View Post
    If you take option 3 which is a cash refund you won't be able to watch the remaining games is my reading of it
    I suspect that you will also lose your rights to your seat next season or whenever we restart - could end up having to buy a seat in a different part of the ground.

True fans coming out of the woodwork. Grabbing refunds. What happened to Cardiff till I die.
    f**k me I don't believe it. Rats leaving a sinking ship.
    Tan reckons he's putting in 3 million a month. Why should he if fans are withdrawing there support
    Makes me want to puke

Where's the give the refund to the NHS to add to the Citycash we gave option?

Quote Originally Posted by dandywarhol View Post
    True fans coming out of the woodwork. Grabbing refunds. What happened to Cardiff till I die.
    Tan reckons he's putting in 3 million a month. Why should he if fans are withdrawing there support
    Makes me want to puke
    Where's that fishing smilie?

Option one for me, even though, as others have said, it seems anyone doing that is effectively being penalised when it comes to the draw for shirts and free hospitality - I think this needs a "clarification" from the club.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Option one for me, even though, as others have said, it seems anyone doing that is effectively being penalised when it comes to the draw for shirts and free hospitality - I think this needs a "clarification" from the club.
    Option 2 is better for the Club as they are getting some sort of commitment for next season, so I can see why they've incentivised it with a prize draw

Quote Originally Posted by lisvaneblue View Post
    Option 2 is better for the Club as they are getting some sort of commitment for next season, so I can see why they've incentivised it with a prize draw
    Only at Cardiff City could you give them a donation which probably comes to not far short of a hundred quid and be treated like a second class citizen.

Makes me want to puke
    I had no interest in option 3, just interested in the possibility that the club might rescind anyone's seat/season ticket if that option was chosen, if that was the interpretation.

Banned

Makes me want to puke
    It is Tan's responsibility, he bought the club.

You are going down the emotive route, probably "looking for bites", but I wonder how many of those getting refunds are doing so because they really need the money due to their jobs being lost, being put on furlough and so on.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Only at Cardiff City could you give them a donation which probably comes to not far short of a hundred quid and be treated like a second class citizen.
    Only in football will the customer be told they lose rights simply for asking money back on a product that cannot be supplied.

Imagine if the holiday companies came out with a

"Option 1 - Donate the money to the staff who we have had to lay off
    Option 2 - Use the money towards your next holiday, but we will tell you the price later. You will get entered into a draw to get an upgrade to Super Economy"

The club are using emotion to sway people to keeping their money at the club (either through a donation, or towards committing when the doors open), people can choose whichever option they want but the reality is the fans are being asked to subsidise the club. Some members of staff have lost 20% of their wages over the last 3 months, and are likely to lose their jobs when the furlough scheme ends.

The question i have is, how much money is currently invested into the academy by the club. Is that money in jeopardy of being cut back, if so by how much? If it is significant, then how many fans need to donate to make up the shortfall? If it is not in jeopardy, then how will the extra money be used by the academy to actual produce a first team player? I am not sure that the academy's lack of quality is even down to finances.

If fans are being asked to defer the money and pay towards the next season ticket, then why can't the club indicate how much a full season ticket would cost for next season? The price can drop pro-rata until the gates open.

I appreciate the club is finding things difficult, but so are the companies who are employing us. Football clubs (not just ours) have the emotion element to eke more money from fans, but if they are asking fans for more money, then fans are entitled to ask for more details.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Gnojek View Post
    I had no interest in option 3, just interested in the possibility that the club might rescind anyone's seat/season ticket if that option was chosen, if that was the interpretation.
    I'm sure you'll get your seat back even after a refund. Season tickets will not go on sale for a very long time.

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    Only in football will the customer be told they lose rights simply for asking money back on a product that cannot be supplied.

Option 2 - Use the money towards your next holiday, but we will tell you the price later. You will get entered into a draw to get an upgrade to Super Economy"

The club are using emotion to sway people to keeping their money at the club (either through a donation, or towards committing when the doors open), people can choose whichever option they want but the reality is the fans are being asked to subsidise the club. Some members of staff have lost 20% of their wages over the last 3 months, and are likely to lose their jobs when the furlough scheme ends.

The question i have is, how much money is currently invested into the academy by the club. Is that money in jeopardy of being cut back, if so by how much? If it is significant, then how many fans need to donate to make up the shortfall? If it is not in jeopardy, then how will the extra money be used by the academy to actual produce a first team player? I am not sure that the academy's lack of quality is even down to finances.

If fans are being asked to defer the money and pay towards the next season ticket, then why can't the club indicate how much a full season ticket would cost for next season? The price can drop pro-rata until the gates open.

I appreciate the club is finding things difficult, but so are the companies who are employing us. Football clubs (not just ours) have the emotion element to eke more money from fans, but if they are asking fans for more money, then fans are entitled to ask for more details.
    God - you really dislike the club you say that you support, don't you. They have already had and spent our season ticket money for this season and Tan is heavily subsidising the club to keep it going now. If he didn't it would go bust. Any money that goes into the academy now is therefore ‘new’ investment by the owner to show good faith towards the supporters who remain loyal and how anyone can see that as a bad thing is beyond me. By picking either option one or two, people will be able to watch all nine remaining games and get other benefits. Anyone taking the third option is basically sticking two fingers up to the club at a time when they are in very difficult financial situation. Also how are they asking fans for more money ? - thats just plain rubbish.

I'm sure you'll get your seat back even after a refund. Season tickets will not go on sale for a very long time.
    I doubt you will retain your seat next season. If we have to be 1 or 2 metres apart the stadium capacity will be 8-10 thousand max, so a lot of seats will be left empty

What a ludicrous analogy! If I used a holiday company (and I don't) I wouldn't feel the least disloyal if I were to use a different company next time around. Loyalty to a football club usually lasts a lifetime and more people change spouses than football clubs!
    If City went into liquidation how many fans would happily transfer their loyalty to other clubs to the same degree? (Rhetorical question).

The owner is worth £1.4bn.
    He’s no longer a Billionaire, 600m was his latest valuation and he’s spent at least 100m on our club!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    What a ludicrous analogy! If I used a holiday company (and I don't) I wouldn't feel the least disloyal if I were to use a different company next time around. Loyalty to a football club usually lasts a lifetime and more people change spouses than football clubs!
    If City went into liquidation how many fans would happily transfer their loyalty to other clubs to the same degree? (Rhetorical question).
    The analogy is highlighting how football clubs (note Plural) are using that tie as a tool to affect their cash flow. The football clubs have not given their fans/customers any information regarding how the money is to be invested in the academy (for example). Nor have the football clubs issued details on future pricing which, if it rises sufficiently, will blow away the credit that fans are retaining in their football clubs interest free. The clubs can simply offset the "credit" with ticket price rises - fans are not in a position to make an economical decision, instead they are being asked to make an emotional decision. Yes, that is down to freedom of choice for the consumer and down to market forces for the football industry.

I know of one fan who has lost his job and is asking for a refund out of necessity. Reading this thread, some people think he is ripe to be labelled disloyal.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto13 View Post
    He’s no longer a Billionaire, 600m was his latest valuation and he’s spent at least 100m on our club!
    That looks like a recent update - ouch (for Vinny) - last time I checked his Wikipedia (2 weeks ago) he was at twice that.

However, he has invested £100m on our club of his own free will. He'll be ok when this blows over, but I am not sure some of us will be.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Anyone taking the third option is basically sticking two fingers up to the club at a time when they are in very difficult financial situation.
    Does that include people who are also finding times hard because of the impact of the pandemic?

The analogy is highlighting how football clubs (note Plural) are using that tie as a tool to affect their cash flow. The football clubs have not given their fans/customers any information regarding how the money is to be invested in the academy (for example). Nor have the football clubs issued details on future pricing which, if it rises sufficiently, will blow away the credit that fans are retaining in their football clubs interest free. The clubs can simply offset the "credit" with ticket price rises - fans are not in a position to make an economical decision, instead they are being asked to make an emotional decision. Yes, that is down to freedom of choice for the consumer and down to market forces for the football industry.

I know of one fan who has lost his job and is asking for a refund out of necessity. Reading this thread, some people think he is ripe to be labelled disloyal.
    You have made some vaild points but the initial analogy is still pointless. Clubs are offering both a refund or credit (like holiday companies are) and the additional, admittedly woolly, option of donating the credit to the Academy on top. That's one option more than holiday companies are offering. Like many people on here I have been offered credit by various airlines without knowing what their prices will be this time next year when I want to re-schedule - and, regarding those fans option for the credit route, I can't see non-Premier League teams inflating prices outrageously in order to swallow up the credit when the gates are open again. I could be wrong on the last point but it would be a huge slap in the face to their loyal fanbase and hugely counter-productive.
    People often use analogies that don't stack up and which detracts from the valid points that they are making.

3 decent options, the club obviously prefer 1 or 2 but I respect everyone's choice.

At the end of the day we have bought a ticket and although being offered online streams it's not anywhere near the same thing.

I'll go with 1 or 2. Would have been 1 but the players haven't taken any wage cuts during all this so I'd feel like in the grand scheme of club outgoings as a whole, my 70 quid or whatever is a drop in the ocean.

(not saying they necessarily should have done mind, it's their wages owed.)