+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: If you could sit down and have a pint with any footballer. Who would you choose, past or present?

Re: If you could sit down and have a pint with any footballer. Who would you choose, past or present?

Quote Originally Posted by Toadstool View Post
    I did actually have a pint with Ian Rush ( well I had a pint he was on the lemonade ).
    Nice chap.
    Had a couple of beers with Norman Whiteside before he done a turn at a football evening bash. Down to earth and very much a great character. His drinking was as phenomenal as his left foot.

Re: If you could sit down and have a pint with any footballer. Who would you choose, past or present?

Sala, id would ask what the frig happened up there.
    Also witts as he seemed like a bloke you could have a quiet night out with.

Actually had a chat with Whitts in the Park, a few weeks before he fell in there. A top guy with no airs and graces, what so ever. Still can’t believe what happened to him.

Brian Clough.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    Reading this thread reminded me that I saw both Stanley Matthews and Dave Mackay play - Matthews for Stoke and I'm not sure who Mackay was playing for then. Have to check...hmm Spurs and Derby had similar colours in those days, but it must have been Spurs
    I've seen two of the older players mentioned in this thread play at Ninian Park. Toshack for Wales and Swansea. I'm pretty sure he scored a screamer against us for the Jacks. Also saw George Best play against us for Fulham.

Quote Originally Posted by valleys caveman View Post
    I've seen two of the older players mentioned in this thread play at Ninian Park. Toshack for Wales and Swansea. I'm pretty sure he scored a screamer against us for the Jacks. Also saw George Best play against us for Fulham.

Youngster!