+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ramsey for sale?

Ramsey for sale?

Just a rumour, but wouldn't surprise me. Also mentioned in The Times, The Daily Mail and T*e Sun.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/53029949
    Juventus are ready to sell Aaron Ramsey just a year after signing him from Arsenal as they try to save on his £400,000-a-week wages, with Manchester United a potential destination for the 29-year-old Wales midfielder.

Re: Ramsey for sale?

Quote Originally Posted by elytillidie View Post
    Just a rumour, but wouldn't surprise me. Also mentioned in The Times, The Daily Mail and T*e Sun.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/53029949
    Juventus are ready to sell Aaron Ramsey just a year after signing him from Arsenal as they try to save on his £400,000-a-week wages, with Manchester United a potential destination for the 29-year-old Wales midfielder.
    It’s hard to argue about what might have been in regards the career he’s had but I’d have loved him to have signed for Man United. I’d imagine some of their support would take him over Pogba for now.

He left us 12 years ago today. Time flies.

Ramsey hasn't been a £400,000 a week player for Juventus.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    I don't think he is anyway. He's a brilliant player but for me, he's to slow on the ball at times.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    It’s hard to argue about what might have been in regards the career he’s had but I’d have loved him to have signed for Man United. I’d imagine some of their support would take him over Pogba for now.
    I was happy at the time but it would have been interesting. He wouldn't have had that injury anyway, at least not in those circumstances at that particular point in his career.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    I was happy at the time but it would have been interesting. He wouldn't have had that injury anyway, at least not in those circumstances at that particular point in his career.
    It’s one of those what might’ve been questions.

Only an opinion but I think he could’ve flourished under Ferguson and holds all the right attributes in relation to attitude and work ethic. His ability has never been in doubt (for me anyway). Man United struggled in midfield for a player like Ramsay hence the need to have Scholes dragged out of retirement in 2012.

sign him up Vinnie

That’s not comparing apples with apples though is it?

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    sign him up Vinnie
    We could muster 5% of his wages I reckon.....just

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I don't think he is anyway. He's a brilliant player but for me, he's to slow on the ball at times.
    Do agree he's a very good player , well suited to Premiership role , just short on the top skill set for the likes of Madrid , Bara and Bayern .

400k a week ( eeeeek)

Utd would be a good fit for him ,swap with the show pony Pogba , Aron and cash to Utd

I only see Utd as a viable option for him, I’d love for him to go to Dortmund we’re the fans adore you after all the shit he took at arsenal

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Do agree he's a very good player , well suited to Premiership role , just short on the top skill set for the likes of Madrid , Bara and Bayern .

400k a week ( eeeeek)

Utd would be a good fit for him ,swap with the show pony Pogba , Aron and cash to Utd
    If Barca can sign Kevin Prince then anything is possible

lets not forget the £400 K a week was due to not paying a transfer fee

i wonder what type of transfer fee would they want ? ? ?

fair play to the lad, he has had a decent payday over in Italy

Had this conversation yesterday as it goes. He wouldn't be in that wage had they paid a transfer fee for him, I'm still hungover so can't be arsed to do the maths..but I'd guess it's cheaper for them to pay the higher wages than buy someone and give them a lower wage.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Had this conversation yesterday as it goes. He wouldn't be in that wage had they paid a transfer fee for him, I'm still hungover so can't be arsed to do the maths..but I'd guess it's cheaper for them to pay the higher wages than buy someone and give them a lower wage.
    Yeah, £400,000 a week over a year is about £20m. An equivalent player would cost at least double that

Why would Ramsey take a pay cut when he can sit on his arse at Juve for a few years? Likewise, who's going to pay a big transfer fee and cover his wages?

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    That’s not comparing apples with apples though is it?
    It's all relative, the transfer value has been invested directly into Ramsey's bank account, and the player holds the balance of power in this case.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Yeah, £400,000 a week over a year is about £20m. An equivalent player would cost at least double that
    Works out at around 60 million over three years i believe, which is about right. He stayed with Arsenal way to long.

Why would Ramsey take a pay cut when he can sit on his arse at Juve for a few years? Likewise, who's going to pay a big transfer fee and cover his wages?
    Unless someone fronts up half his wages on a loan deal. I don't think anyone in the top 4 will be interested, certainly not Man City or Liverpool, I reckon he'll end up at Newcastle if the takeover goes through.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Unless someone fronts up half his wages on a loan deal. I don't think anyone in the top 4 will be interested, certainly not Man City or Liverpool, I reckon he'll end up at Newcastle if the takeover goes through.
    Yep, these type of deals work best if the new club intend to make full use of the player for the duration of the contract.

he will have to take a paycut if he moves though, as no team will pay a transfer fee and his wages, unless Juve give him a free transfer so he can secure another good wages

he will have to take a paycut if he moves though, as no team will pay a transfer fee and his wages, unless Juve give him a free transfer so he can secure another good wages
    That's why I said Ramsey holds the balance of power, and he's got a contract as security. Juventus are in a terrible bargaining position. Fair play, Ramsay has got himself a hell of an agent

can't see how Juve can ask for a transfer fee at all...

He's 1 year in to a 4 year deal at £400,000 a week. (approximately £60,000,000 left to pay) And he turns 30 this year. They are going to have to pay him to terminate his contract. I should imagine he'd want at least half of that.