International

Re: Wine Tasting Toffs

Have tou been watching Lillyhammer?

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    No , is it any good mr x ?

Very Good! Never really understood that shit about wine and undertones of smoked f ucking blackberry etc. A drink invented by the masses because it was cheap and very quick to make. What about those ciders that were fashionable a few years back, Kiwi fruit and lime flavour etc absolutely gross.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Very Good! Never really understood that shit about wine and undertones of smoked f ucking blackberry etc. A drink invented by the masses because it was cheap and very quick to make. What about those ciders that were fashionable a few years back, Kiwi fruit and lime flavour etc absolutely gross.
    I am a lightweight when it comes to alcohol

But wine is fecking dreadful stuff

I watched them all. Watchable but not particularly special..I liked it..but I was also off work and bored at the time.

Got that fella from sopranos in it.

Wasn't that where the winter olympics were held a while ago?

International

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    No , is it any good mr x ?
    Its funny, its a piss take of the gangster cult series, about a guy who is given a new ID by the FBI and goes to Lillyhammer when he becomes a gangster again. The main man is the musician who played the Garroting crew boss in the Sopranos. At one point someone actually says, "This feels like a scene from the sopranos" and he laughs. It has little piss takes of all the different movies like in one scene the brothers go out fishing like in Godfather 3. you got to be sharp to spot some of them but thankfully Netflix has rewind.
    Anyway the point is that your man is in series 3. He plays a millwall crew nutter trying to sell a Ferrari. He gets killed then come back and haunts the guy who killed him. He is archtypical millwall thug and he hams the part up beautifully. If you like his style you'll love this.

Its funny, its a piss take of the gangster cult series, about a guy who is given a new ID by the FBI and goes to Lillyhammer when he becomes a gangster again. The main man is the musician who played the Garroting crew boss in the Sopranos. At one point someone actually says, "This feels like a scene from the sopranos" and he laughs. It has little piss takes of all the different movies like in one scene the brothers go out fishing like in Godfather 3. you got to be sharp to spot some of them but thankfully Netflix has rewind.
    Anyway the point is that your man is in series 3. He plays a millwall crew nutter trying to sell a Ferrari. He gets killed then come back and haunts the guy who killed him. He is archtypical millwall thug and he hams the part up beautifully. If you like his style you'll love this.
    I do indeed , will give it a go cheers

Better a toff than rushing to find the cheapest own-brand lager offers.

Good Beer [Beer, not fizz]
    Good Wine.
    Good Food.

Heisenberg

All this wine nonsense! You get all these wine people don’t you? You know, wine this, wine that!. Let’s have a bit of red... let’s have a bit of white. Oooh that’s a snazzy bouquet! Oooh this smells of, I don’t know, basil!

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    All this wine nonsense! You get all these wine people don’t you? You know, wine this, wine that!. Let’s have a bit of red... let’s have a bit of white. Oooh that’s a snazzy bouquet! Oooh this smells of, I don’t know, basil!
    A baseball bat is the best remedy

International

But if you have a bottle of good well chilled chablis you will probably never want to drink any other white wine again.

Pouilly Fuisse, Sancerre, Riesling, lots of nice whites, not just Chablis.

I just take it as being a bit of a hobby. There are lots of things that fall into this category - whisky, wine, coffee, cheese, gin, etc.
    Some people just buy it and drink (or eat) it, others want to know a bit more, and others build it into some great ritual. Each to their own. That said, I'm no expert, but you get what you pay for, and cheap wine tastes like shit.

Blue Nun.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Blue Nun.
    Echo Falls.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Echo Falls.
    Echo falls.

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    I just take it as being a bit of a hobby. There are lots of things that fall into this category - whisky, wine, coffee, cheese, gin, etc.
    Some people just buy it and drink (or eat) it, others want to know a bit more, and others build it into some great ritual. Each to their own. That said, I'm no expert, but you get what you pay for, and cheap wine tastes like shit.
    Imagine sitting there googling cheese.