+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: London Demonstrations....

Re: London Demonstrations....

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Matt, you can be straight and like wearing Tutus while eating hotdogs, you shouldn't stereotype sexuality. I'm disappointed.

To my defence, i thought maybe the hotdog was a euphemism

I know a psychologist ( no really i do, she is a customer of mine ) i should have asked them

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    You want to see some of the clothes I wear , very provocative
    we have all heard about your outfits

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    Don't disagree, left twitter 6 months ago and not really missed it. For many, it's more the issue of him putting on a persona to gain followers rather than out of actual conviction, but whatever floats his boat.
    To be honest, I find the general obsession with celebrity weird enough, but the social media thing totally defeats me. For example, JK Rowling's views on trans-gender issues were apparently important enough to make the news last week. By all accounts, her social media accounts were being bombarded by people opposed to her opinions. I find that incredible. Stephen King's one of my favourite authors, but I haven't got a clue what he thinks about trans-gender issues, and nor do I care to be honest. He writes books. I read them. That's it.

The people who seem offended by Lineker's views are those who don't like him anyway, so why do they waste their time reading his tweets or tweeting back at him or whatever? It's the digital version of hate mail really, but of course it takes a lot less time and effort.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    To be honest, I find the general obsession with celebrity weird enough, but the social media thing totally defeats me. For example, JK Rowling's views on trans-gender issues were apparently important enough to make the news last week. By all accounts, her social media accounts were being bombarded by people opposed to her opinions. I find that incredible. Stephen King's one of my favourite authors, but I haven't got a clue what he thinks about trans-gender issues, and nor do I care to be honest. He writes books. I read them. That's it.

The people who seem offended by Lineker's views are those who don't like him anyway, so why do they waste their time reading his tweets or tweeting back at him or whatever? It's the digital version of hate mail really, but of course it takes a lot less time and effort.
    It could be a useful medium but the reality is you find most people wanting nothing more than to be in an echo chamber.

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    To my defence, i thought maybe the hotdog was a euphemism
    David Attenborough narration: "... And here, you can see where Matt has inadvertently shown the 'homoeroticism' was all on his part".

Heisenberg

what part are you struggling with ? ??

I know police officers, ive made no secret of that, Ive mentioned them a few times on here, my bro-in law was armed response ( a few years ago he retired from the force ) My ex-next door neighbour and my best mate is a police officer, I occasionally have a night out with a few of his mates, one who is the dad of my oldest daughters friend, one goes to the same VW club as i occasionally attend

I have loads of stories, I try to interact with people, always have, try it a few times ( but dont mention your dreams straight away, that might put people off ), you might enjoy it

The fact that the few police i know use the term antifa, not the wildest story i must admit, considering the police love to abbreviate things, and the term is a generic term for " anti fascist protest groups " maybe just maybe they were using the term before trump

So you honestly think BLM protesters, you know the people who go to a park, socially distance and then take a knee, have a picnic and then go home havent distanced themselves from the " extremists " fighting with the police and smashing things up, naive

so you looked for FB / twitter followers of antifa, we have already come to the conclusion that they are not a group, just a generic term, infact i can help you with trying to understand it

Antifa is the boogeyman name attached by the Alt-Right to anything that doesn't remotely resemble a right-wing group. Antifa doesn't even exist as a protest group

so you spent time searching for them online, that really was a rookie mistake i am afraid to say

finally, your "told me that you like wearing tutus whilst eating hotdogs " line, while i am slightly flattered, i am straight and happily married, so can you keep your homoerotic dreams to yourself
    I'm struggling with the fact that you've always come across as a bit of a bigot and a bullshitter and I highly doubt that anything you've said on this topic to be remotely related to real events... and it's just been another chance for you to bullshit a bit more whilst defending the action of other bigots.

There. I said it

Banned

finally, your "told me that you like wearing tutus whilst eating hotdogs " line, while i am slightly flattered, i am straight and happily married, so can you keep your homoerotic dreams to yourself
    Do you think that we all go around wearing tutus?

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    I'm struggling with the fact that you've always come across as a bit of a bigot and a bullshitter and I highly doubt that anything you've said on this topic to be remotely related to real events... and it's just been another chance for you to bullshit a bit more whilst defending the action of other bigots.

There. I said it
    Davina mccall voice over ... " Well Heisenberg did not take his knock back well at all "

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    Do you think that we all go around wearing tutus?
    we ? ? ?? who are we ? ? ?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Matt, you can be straight and like wearing Tutus while eating hotdogs, you shouldn't stereotype sexuality. I'm disappointed.
    I'd have been disappointed if he hadn't been stereotypically stereotypical.

It'll be ok though, his daughter's father recently came out and he wears a tutu - another real world event to back up the crazy bat-shit theories of blue matt.

Banned

we ? ? ?? who are we ? ? ?
    Who do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    Who do you think?
    cardiff city fans ? ? ?

Banned

cardiff city fans ? ? ?
    Those of us who are not straight and married and, it has to be said, bigoted.

Heisenberg

Davina mccall voice over ... " Well Heisenberg did not take his knock back well at all "
    Yeah... That one doesn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    Don't disagree, left twitter 6 months ago and not really missed it. For many, it's more the issue of him putting on a persona to gain followers rather than out of actual conviction, but whatever floats his boat.
    I actually disagree with this, I think he believes in what he says. One thing I've never understood about social media is if a sports star gives their opinion on politics they're flooded with loads of people who do a variety of different jobs that have nothing to do with politics going "sTIcK 2 FoOtboLL/DrIVinG" and then giving their opinion on the issue.

Like, Dave the plumber is allowed to rant about whatever but if he catches a footballer doing it they're not allowed to

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Yes, we. Read the Tweet, it's ridiculous that the society we all live in has got to the stage where there are so many people out there who are willing to defend such barmy logic simply because they hate what the other side stands for. Somebody asked in another thread how the UK of the late 2010s/early 2020s will be viewed in fifty years time, I wouldn't be surprised if it is as a nasty, polarised, paranoid country where people on either side of the argument had lost trace of the decency, tolerance and inclusiveness which, despite its problems, was once there at its heart.

I've never known the country as divided as it is now - I'm as guilty of it as anyone as I, like so many others on both sides resort to feeble whataboutery to make a point against the other lot who, increasingly, I have grown to despise. We are in a vicious circle and, although you, apparently, want to deny it, the Brexit referendum was the catalyst for it all.
    Where did I deny it Bob.

I said that everything is seen through the prism of Brexit but that it was more complex than that

I stand by that but of course Brexit is part of the mix.

As regards your view of the country I would say that there are "nasty, polarised, paranoid" elements in a country that at its core (which is far far larger than the extreme elements) is "decent ,tolerant and inclusive".

However

"the only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"

as Edmund Burke said ( or actually didn't say although JFK in 1961 thought he did.John Stewart Mill did say something similar in the mid 1860's)

Who ever said it, it is as pertinent today as ever and I think most can plead guilty to this sadly.

As for the division of the country there were big ones back in the 70's and 80's under first Heath and Callaghan then Margaret Thatcher, and it was big shock after the peace and love of the 60's (well actually it wasn't quite that idylic but it got worse in the following decades.

No internet or social media then though and little doubt that has fanned the flames of division.

If you despise the other side then that's your lookout. I sometimes get irritated with people but rarely do I despise them for their views unless they are really extreme and nasty.

And of course I despise the vicious violent thugs be they left or right.

Patel , Johnson , Farage , Trump , football lads

It's a match made in hell
    Patel Sinak and Johnson actually quite strongly criticised the right wing outside.

But what do I know. I'm not left wing enough to have a valid view like some of you noble people.

Ah the trite Brexit phrase.

Not like you to be trite Dave!

Is that a mohican ?
    It's a disgrace whoever did it , tough paint sprayers, they'd do better reflecting on why the statue is there , as with the cenotaph, brave people died for the freedoms they now enjoy

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    Patel Sinak and Johnson actually quite strongly criticised the right wing outside.

But what do I know. I'm not left wing enough to have a valid view like some of you noble people.
    Indded moral purists is what they are with little balance of thought

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post

Not sure where outside came from. Meant to say idiots!

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    I actually disagree with this, I think he believes in what he says. One thing I've never understood about social media is if a sports star gives their opinion on politics they're flooded with loads of people who do a variety of different jobs that have nothing to do with politics going "sTIcK 2 FoOtboLL/DrIVinG" and then giving their opinion on the issue.

Like, Dave the plumber is allowed to rant about whatever but if he catches a footballer doing it they're not allowed to
    People who criticise lineker for having an opinion never seem to criticise shilton for having one.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Now you are for it!!

It's a disgrace whoever did it , tough paint sprayers, they'd do better reflecting on why the statue is there , as with the cenotaph, brave people died for the freedoms they now enjoy
    I agree about the Cenotaph, Churchill's fair game though

So many people these days are so quick to see faults in others that they cannot see in themselves.