+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: London Demonstrations....

Re: London Demonstrations....

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    what part are you struggling with ? ??

I know police officers, ive made no secret of that, Ive mentioned them a few times on here, my bro-in law was armed response ( a few years ago he retired from the force ) My ex-next door neighbour and my best mate is a police officer, I occasionally have a night out with a few of his mates, one who is the dad of my oldest daughters friend, one goes to the same VW club as i occasionally attend

I have loads of stories, I try to interact with people, always have, try it a few times ( but dont mention your dreams straight away, that might put people off ), you might enjoy it

The fact that the few police i know use the term antifa, not the wildest story i must admit, considering the police love to abbreviate things, and the term is a generic term for " anti fascist protest groups " maybe just maybe they were using the term before trump

So you honestly think BLM protesters, you know the people who go to a park, socially distance and then take a knee, have a picnic and then go home havent distanced themselves from the " extremists " fighting with the police and smashing things up, naive

so you looked for FB / twitter followers of antifa, we have already come to the conclusion that they are not a group, just a generic term, infact i can help you with trying to understand it

Antifa is the boogeyman name attached by the Alt-Right to anything that doesn't remotely resemble a right-wing group. Antifa doesn't even exist as a protest group

so you spent time searching for them online, that really was a rookie mistake i am afraid to say

finally, your "told me that you like wearing tutus whilst eating hotdogs " line, while i am slightly flattered, i am straight and happily married, so can you keep your homoerotic dreams to yourself
    Fair enough Matt.

My only observation is that I too have family on my wife’s side (recently retired) from Special Operations in the Met and your contacts always seem a lot more chatty about their (ex) day-job than ours.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Fair enough Matt.

My only observation is that I too have family on my wife’s side (recently retired) from Special Operations in the Met and your contacts always seem a lot more chatty about their (ex) day-job than ours.
    30 years in the met, never heard the term antifa, most demos the trouble makers were just labelled rent a mob, turn out for a ruck to most peaceful protests left or right

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    People who criticise lineker for having an opinion never seem to criticise shilton for having one.
    https://twitter.com/AndyGilder/statu...980216322?s=19

I enjoyed this shilton interaction

I'm not sure who's the sadder lot - the celebrity/non-celebrity army who feel they have to communicate their every waking thought to the rest of the world, or those who fill their days reading about them.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    I'm not sure who's the sadder lot - the celebrity/non-celebrity army who feel they have to communicate their every waking thought to the rest of the world, or those who fill their days reading about them.
    Don't worry, you're definitely the coolest.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Packerman View Post
    30 years in the met, never heard the term antifa, most demos the trouble makers were just labelled rent a mob, turn out for a ruck to most peaceful protests left or right
    I've experienced rent-a-mob and what you say is broadly correct.

People who criticise lineker for having an opinion never seem to criticise shilton for having one.
    Shilton is a ****ing idiot and a dinosaur whos views are not dissimilar to a lot of people of his age, but he has 50k followers compared to Gary Linekers 7.5m and Lineker posts almost 10 times as much as Shilton, so naturally more people are likely to have a view on Gary Lineker compared to Peter Shilton as they are more likely to see and respond to a Gary Lineker tweet.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    I actually disagree with this, I think he believes in what he says. One thing I've never understood about social media is if a sports star gives their opinion on politics they're flooded with loads of people who do a variety of different jobs that have nothing to do with politics going "sTIcK 2 FoOtboLL/DrIVinG" and then giving their opinion on the issue.

Like, Dave the plumber is allowed to rant about whatever but if he catches a footballer doing it they're not allowed to
    Had this same conversation with my old dear. Baffles me.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    So many people these days are so quick to see faults in others that they cannot see in themselves.
    I agree.

On all sides of the arguments.

Fair enough Matt.

fair enough

When i was first invited out by my neighbour ( and best mate ) as we sat down in the indian, it was said that anything i hear about op's shouldnt be repeated, which was fair enough, as other people joined the nights out ( or bike rides ) it was said that they can treat me as one of them, too be honest they did, i often couldnt understand what they were talking about as they love to use abbreviations, i would occasionally get annoyed with it, psu was one incident, i knew psu as a PC's power supply after about the 5th time of hearing psu i snapped and said " wtf is psu " , it was a joke at my expense for a while, they would add letters to a chat to wind me up

only once was i put in a strange position, a big time coke dealer was also the boyfriend of someone who worked with my wife, ikept my word and didnt mention it to my wife

So many people these days are so quick to see faults in others that they cannot see in themselves.
    Indeed, a fine statement especially if everyone sees their faults , and it's acceptable to see the good in everyone no matter their view in life, especially in these times where people are protesting about dreadful injustices and views. It strikes me in these days of racism, antisemitism, homophobia, everyone could take a step back and reflect on what they say and do.

Quote Originally Posted by Packerman View Post
    i was trying to think of your name last night, as i know we disagreed once before, as most of the guys i knew ( and drank with ) were very pro arming officers, your opinion was the opposite i think and it was fairly low, we had a discussion on here shortly after i was involved in a discussion with them

i was trying to think of your name last night, as i know we disagreed once before, as most of the guys i knew ( and drank with ) were very pro arming officers, your opinion was the opposite i think and it was fairly low, we had a discussion on here shortly after i was involved in a discussion with them
    We have to accept there are some vile folk about , even in this country where its recognised as a very tolerant society ( not perfect ) better than most though .

I do feel for the police though they have so much to put up with from the right and left and the middle , I guess like statues thet are an easy handy target .

fair enough

When i was first invited out by my neighbour ( and best mate ) as we sat down in the indian, it was said that anything i hear about op's shouldnt be repeated, which was fair enough, as other people joined the nights out ( or bike rides ) it was said that they can treat me as one of them, too be honest they did, i often couldnt understand what they were talking about as they love to use abbreviations, i would occasionally get annoyed with it, psu was one incident, i knew psu as a PC's power supply after about the 5th time of hearing psu i snapped and said " wtf is psu " , it was a joke at my expense for a while, they would add letters to a chat to wind me up

only once was i put in a strange position, a big time coke dealer was also the boyfriend of someone who worked with my wife, ikept my word and didnt mention it to my wife
    Can imagine you in an interrogation room, you'd paint the picture perfectly for them right down to the very smallest detail

"It was a green car, I remember that because my wife isn't a fan of apple pies (it comes from her childhood fjejfnfjsksnfjdksjdndjdjdjdjdjsjdjdjdndndjskskdjdn sjsjsjdndn blah) and the green reminded me of that fjfjdjrjfigjgjfjdjeidjfjfkdkskdnfjdkeidjfnfjfndnsk djfjfndndje

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Can imagine you in an interrogation room, you'd paint the picture perfectly for them right down to the very smallest detail

"It was a green car, I remember that because my wife isn't a fan of apple pies (it comes from her childhood fjejfnfjsksnfjdksjdndjdjdjdjdjsjdjdjdndndjskskdjdn sjsjsjdndn blah) and the green reminded me of that fjfjdjrjfigjgjfjdjeidjfjfkdkskdnfjdkeidjfnfjfndnsk djfjfndndje
    just dont ask me what i had for tea on sunday

Banned

fair enough

You should be on Sky Atlantic mate.

just dont ask me what i had for tea on sunday
    *thumbupsmileyicantdo

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Indeed, a fine statement especially if everyone sees their faults , and it's acceptable to see the good in everyone no matter their view in life, especially in these times where people are protesting about dreadful injustices and views. It strikes me in these days of racism, antisemitism, homophobia, everyone could take a step back and reflect on what they say and do.
    Accepting there's good in everyone no matter their view on life?

On this board?

You are being very optimistic LOM.

This board has become far more intolerant over the years in my view.

You may remember Alfie Sherwood who posted fairly regularly until a few years ago.

He and I had different views on many things and crossed swords several times but it was always very civilised even so.

These days people just seem to want to belittle others or hurl insult.

Not saying that there aren't decent posters on both side of the political spectrum ( and in the middle) but there seem to be less of them these days.

I might reflect on some of the things you have said.

Natural born UK citizens are white.

Under 18 year olds who are trafficked into being sex workers are old enough to make their own decisions.

Anything else?

I might reflect on some of the things you have said.

Natural born UK citizens are white.

Under 18 year olds who are trafficked into being sex workers are old enough to make their own decisions.

Anything else?
    *whips out my British passport*

or maybe I'm gonna have to use skin whitening cream to pass for 'British' in his eyes

Did he say "Wrexham"?

Quote Originally Posted by adz-a32 View Post
    *whips out my British passport*

or maybe I'm gonna have to use skin whitening cream to pass for 'British' in his eyes
    Maybe British but not natural? Wouldn't want to put words in his mouth though.

Lifeonmars, how would you categorise adz?

People may acknowledge their faults to themselves and admit to making errors to themselves, but, if this board is any criterion, there aren't too many around who are prepared to put such feelings into the public domain.

People may acknowledge their faults to themselves and admit to making errors to themselves, but, if this board is any criterion, there aren't too many around who are prepared to put such feelings into the public domain.
    Happens all over the internet to be fair, people seem to double down rather than admit fault. I've definitely done it

International

I'd gladly admit itif i was at fault but happily I'm never wrong!!!!!