+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: London Demonstrations....

Re: London Demonstrations....

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    London gangs were turning up last weekend for a bit of agro later in the day I heard....no surprise that about 30 police were injured either
    I heard that there is more chance of an under 20 year old being struck by lightning than you being able to provide a compelling set of evidence that:

a) "London gangs" turned up late in the day at last week ends'' BLM Protests and
    b) 30 Police officers were injured as a result!

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    I’ve actually said the same thing myself for years, sometimes tongue in cheek but I get your point.

Can someone put Tuertos post on Mr. Panorama’s board so I can observe the meltdown.
    I can only imagine what's going on over there

***** has probably wanked himself into a coma

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Because we have a fair few Racist entitled white blokes on this website-sadly.
    Name them.

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    Name them.
    Splott Dai Carter when he was on.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    London gangs were turning up last weekend for a bit of agro later in the day I heard....no surprise that about 30 police were injured either
    "I heard" is a big problem though isn't it when stuff like this is happening.

Unless you're shown actual proof it's probably safer not to repeat stuff until you know it's true or not, in these situations.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    "“A speaker stood up and started bringing up Israel in a context where you wouldn’t really expect Israel to be relevant. He started talking conspiratorially about how Israel was responsible for racism and he used the antisemitic tropes of bringing Israel in where Israel is not relevant”. The officer, in attendance at the protest, raised his concerns to those around him but in return “received threatening stares” and opted to leave the protest after being made to feel “uncomfortable”."

So Israel responsible for racism, hey? Damn those pesky Jews for experiencing antisemitism throughout history, if only their skin pigmentation was dark enough for the woke to care...
    Is it ok to think it's wrong the way the Jews have been treated, at the same time as thinking they're also ***** for the way they treat Palestinians,?

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Is it ok to think it's wrong the way the Jews have been treated, at the same time as thinking they're also ***** for the way they treat Palestinians,?
    Marvellous as your woke view is, it's applicability to a protest about Rhodes is what precisely? That's the point... using a valid protest to bring Israel into things displays the mindset of some.

"“A speaker stood up and started bringing up Israel in a context where you wouldn’t really expect Israel to be relevant. He started talking conspiratorially about how Israel was responsible for racism and he used the antisemitic tropes of bringing Israel in where Israel is not relevant”. The officer, in attendance at the protest, raised his concerns to those around him but in return “received threatening stares” and opted to leave the protest after being made to feel “uncomfortable”."

So Israel responsible for racism, hey? Damn those pesky Jews for experiencing antisemitism throughout history, if only their skin pigmentation was dark enough for the woke to care...
    Let's try to work through the same evidence we have:

The Jewish Chronicle posts an article here:

https://www.thejc.com/news/uk-news/s...t=cecil+rhodes

It has a video of a 3rd generation Palestinian who made some emotive accusations about the State of Israel.

Euan McGivern, 23, the Equality and Diversity Officer of Oriel Middle Common Room, said: “A speaker stood up and started bringing up Israel in a context where you wouldn’t really expect Israel to be relevant. “He started talking conspiratorially about how Israel was responsible for racism,” Mr McGivern said, “and he used the antisemitic tropes of bringing Israel in where Israel is not relevant”.

Mr McGivern, who attended the Rhodes Must Fall protest with friends, said that when he mentioned that the speaker’s statements might be antisemitic, he received “threatening stares from people around us” and left the event after being made to feel “uncomfortable”. Two Jewish students and six non-Jewish students have since approached Mr McGivern about the remarks at the protest, saying that they were “hurt and concerned”.

So on the back of this with some guy spouting off on a mike for a minute exclusively about Israel you reach the conclusion that the BLM protest has been derailed.?

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Let's try to work through the same evidence we have:

The Jewish Chronicle posts an article here:

https://www.thejc.com/news/uk-news/s...t=cecil+rhodes

It has a video of a 3rd generation Palestinian who made some emotive accusations about the State of Israel.

Euan McGivern, 23, the Equality and Diversity Officer of Oriel Middle Common Room, said: “A speaker stood up and started bringing up Israel in a context where you wouldn’t really expect Israel to be relevant. “He started talking conspiratorially about how Israel was responsible for racism,” Mr McGivern said, “and he used the antisemitic tropes of bringing Israel in where Israel is not relevant”.

Mr McGivern, who attended the Rhodes Must Fall protest with friends, said that when he mentioned that the speaker’s statements might be antisemitic, he received “threatening stares from people around us” and left the event after being made to feel “uncomfortable”. Two Jewish students and six non-Jewish students have since approached Mr McGivern about the remarks at the protest, saying that they were “hurt and concerned”.

So on the back of this with some guy spouting off on a mike for a minute exclusively about Israel you reach the conclusion that the BLM protest has been derailed.?
    Plenty of antisemitism within BLM. Tis just the tip of the iceberg.

Still, the original comment was a tad flippant, granted but the responses by some illuminating.

Still, the original comment was a tad flippant, granted but the responses by some illuminating.
    I guess we can all get a bit "woke" (whatever that is) trying to prove a point!

Anti semitism?

Or people against the Zionist expansionism of the jewish state ?

Because the latter is fine in my eyes

And indeed many liberal jewish people living in Israel

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Anti semitism?

Or people against the Zionist expansionism of the jewish state ?

Because the latter is fine in my eyes

And indeed many liberal jewish people living in Israel
    Yes, Sludge, antisemitism.

Indeed, many liberal people - not just Jewish but Christian, Arab, Muslim et al living in Israel, a great melting pot. Something that can't be said of other Middle Eastern states for some reason people want to ignore.

Yes, Sludge, antisemitism.

Indeed, many liberal people - not just Jewish but Christian, Arab, Muslim et al living in Israel, a great melting pot. Something that can't be said of other Middle Eastern states for some reason people want to ignore.
    Well Christians , jews and arabs have lived in Syria and Lebanon for thousands of years

What's the reason ?

You think the black lives matter campaign is tainted by anti semitism?

Apart from the odd incident have you got any proof ?

There have been all races colours and creeds at demonstrations around the country

Name them.
    Why-To satisfy your demands? Just read through the posts and do your own detective work, Honey.

Splott Dai Carter when he was on.
    Splott Dai.

There's a blast from the past

Well Christians , jews and arabs have lived in Syria and Lebanon for thousands of years

What's the reason ?

You think the black lives matter campaign is tainted by anti semitism?

Apart from the odd incident have you got any proof ?

There have been all races colours and creeds at demonstrations around the country
    You might want to look at the demographics in the Middle East, Sludge.

I was being flippant - as soon as protests started I knew there would be the odd loon wanting to have a go at Israel.

Splott Dai.

There's a blast from the past
    Yes, he's quite the body of work that guy, fairly well outed for his views.

You might want to look at the demographics in the Middle East, Sludge.

I was being flippant - as soon as protests started I knew there would be the odd loon wanting to have a go at Israel.
    I dont like what the state of Israel is doing with the building of settlements on Arab occupied territory , I think the slaughter of 5 million jews in world war two was one of humanities worst crimes

But the BLM movement is anti semitic?

One or two loons as you say , no more

how do you know that there's plenty of anti-Semitism within BLM?

I dont like what the state of Israel is doing with the building of settlements on Arab occupied territory , I think the slaughter of 5 million jews in world war two was one of humanities worst crimes

But the BLM movement is anti semitic?

One or two loons as you say , no more
    I must remember never to be flippant with the pedants on here. Are there elements that are antisemitic? Sure. Jews "too white", certain people forget they are part of the ME in BAME.

I must remember never to be flippant with the pedants on here. Are there elements that are antisemitic? Sure. Jews "too white", certain people forget they are part of the ME in BAME.
    So theres an element ?

Or there is plenty ?

Were the Jews mentioned or just Israel ?

"Plenty of antisemitism within BLM." you say ccfc_is_my_life.....hmm, sounds to me like you are being racist against gentiles.

They seem to get off on nationalism and violence. There's something to it that isn't right.
    Their patriotic love of their nation fuelled by continental lagers and South American beak.

No surrender.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    It is easier, yes... Considering they are called BLM. Antifa is the boogeyman name attached by the Alt-Right to anything that doesn't remotely resemble a right-wing group. Antifa doesn't even exist as a protest group. No suprise to see you using that name here though, Matt.
    a high % of BLM campaigners / supporters ive seen posting have distanced themselves from the actions and have said the " extremists " ( they have called them antifa aswell ) are nothing to do with them

Antifa aren't really an organisation, it's just alotof groups that go under the banner 'Anti Fascist'
    indeed, imho the more extremists, i know its been used in the police for a few years now, as a few of my friends are police and if they have to police a protest , the last i remember was last year, they mostly moan about antifa as they are only interested in only one thing, always come prepared with masks to hide faces