+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: City v Swansea warm up games. Updated

City v Swansea warm up games. Updated

No idea whether this is right so much secrecy around the battle.

Re: Latest City 5 (Five) Jacks 0

5-1 now.

Where’s the info coming from? No need for secrecy now, the game must be over.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Where’s the info coming from? No need for secrecy now, the game must be over.
    They're fibbing. I'd put my money on a draw, nobody would want a hiding right now and i wouldn't be surprised if there was an agreement put in place where no team goes out to screw the other-although i hope it's true

Glatzel's hat trick was fantastic, especially that bicycle kick

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    They're fibbing. I'd put my money on a draw, nobody would want a hiding right now and i wouldn't be surprised if there was an agreement put in place where no team goes out to screw the other-although i hope it's true
    It's been reported as two draws, two 60 minute matches, a 0-0 draw followed by a 1-1 draw with the games played in Cardiff.

Quote Originally Posted by trampie09 View Post
    It's been reported as two draws, two 60 minute matches, a 0-0 draw followed by a 1-1 draw with the games played in Cardiff.

I second this

Glatzel the scorer

As i said..... Hope it's not true though!

Any news on what sort of squads were put out?

Quote Originally Posted by cityhammer View Post
    Any news on what sort of squads were put out?
    Two teams from Cardiff and two teams from Abertawe Town

Updated scores, 2-2 each game

Played without referees or linesmen

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    Official(s) distancing then 😂

Any fans rucking ???

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post

No change there then

City drawing consecutive games during the 19/20 season? Sounds like a load of bollox to me.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    City drawing consecutive games during the 19/20 season? Sounds like a load of bollox to me.
    (TOBW, note to self) Quiz No 5 2025

The teams played two 80 minute games at Cardiff City Stadium both ending in draws

Cardiff and Swansea continued their restart preparation with two games at Cardiff City Stadium on Saturday. The games ended 0 - 0 and 1 - 1 as both teams put the players through their paces. Joe Bennett posted the image below on Instagram.

C:WindowsTempphp6435.tmp

Cardiff boss Neil Harris said “The lads have been brilliant and played today against Swansea in the right manner.

“It was a really good exercise for Steve Cooper and me and great for the boys to get minutes in the legs. It was vital [to have the game] and whilst we know the importance of the rivalry and what it means to our fans, it wasn’t about the score today.

“Logistically we could only play Swansea, Cheltenham and Bristol City ahead of Leeds next weekend; with us playing Bristol City in the League in a few weeks’ time, we only had the two options. Swansea today was as close as we could really get in terms of replicating what it will be like against Leeds next weekend.”

Swansea are a point behind Cardiff in the Championship with the Bluebirds just two points off the play off places. So there's incenive for both teams to challenge.

City welcome Leeds Utd to CCS next Sunday while Swansea play away at Middlebrough on Saturday.

Earlier in the week Cardiff won two games away at Cheltenham.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post

The teams played two 80 minute games at Cardiff City Stadium both ending in draws

Cardiff and Swansea continued their restart preparation with two games at Cardiff City Stadium on Saturday. The games ended 0 - 0 and 1 - 1 as both teams put the players through their paces. Joe Bennett posted the image below on Instagram.

*C:WindowsTempphp6435.tmp

Cardiff boss Neil Harris said “The lads have been brilliant and played today against Swansea in the right manner.

“It was a really good exercise for Steve Cooper and me and great for the boys to get minutes in the legs. It was vital [to have the game] and whilst we know the importance of the rivalry and what it means to our fans, it wasn’t about the score today.

“Logistically we could only play Swansea, Cheltenham and Bristol City ahead of Leeds next weekend; with us playing Bristol City in the League in a few weeks’ time, we only had the two options. Swansea today was as close as we could really get in terms of replicating what it will be like against Leeds next weekend.”

Swansea are a point behind Cardiff in the Championship with the Bluebirds just two points off the play off places. So there's incenive for both teams to challenge.

City welcome Leeds Utd to CCS next Sunday while Swansea play away at Middlebrough on Saturday.

Earlier in the week Cardiff won two games away at Cheltenham.

Because they both play in white?

Re: City v Swansea warm up games. Updated

Just watched the longer interview with Harris on the club website.

Jazz is out again (or still out?). Came back to training 'not right'.

Cunningham not quite ready for the Sunday squad but close.

From the pictures: NML and Tomlin seem to be completely back. Connolly and Vassell are completely not back.

I heard we won 5-1 with a Glatzel hat-trick. Is that right?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I heard we won 5-1 with a Glatzel hat-trick. Is that right?
    Yes, a bicycle kick from Glatzel and a Marradona v England style goal from Paterson

80 minutes it said on WOL.

So yeah probably 60.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Just watched the longer interview with Harris on the club website.

Jazz is out again (or still out?). Came back to training 'not right'.

Cunningham not quite ready for the Sunday squad but close.

From the pictures: NML and Tomlin seem to be completely back. Connolly and Vassell are completely not back.
    Jazz "not right"? What, he came back fit?

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    Jazz "not right"? What, he came back fit?
    Seems not.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...njury-18418060