+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The return of football

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: The return of football

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    I'm not baffled by why they are doing so well.

Home advantage is a very powerful thing.

We have all been to games where the support for the home side has literally blown the ball into the net.

So the figures you quote don't surprise me at all.
    Literally?

I've seen it suggested that away teams are more likely to go for it in empty stadiums. Reading uni did a study of closed doors games and found the home away ratio was very different to a normal league game.

Worth bearing in mind if anyone is putting bets on.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Literally?

I've seen it suggested that away teams are more likely to go for it in empty stadiums. Reading uni did a study of closed doors games and found the home away ratio was very different to a normal league game.

Worth bearing in mind if anyone is putting bets on.
    I won't be putting any bets on. I think there are too many factors at play to make my weekly accumulator a complete failure as usual. May buy shares in William Hill though

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    I won't be putting any bets on. I think there are too many factors at play to make my weekly accumulator a complete failure as usual. May buy shares in William Hill though
    I did the Sky Super 6 yesterday on the six German games - I had 4 results correct out of 6 by comparison with my last pre-lockdown attempt in which I got 0 correct out of 6. I've had a decent season on the fixed odds overall, but I've found the Premier League to be a minefield and my Super 6 bets have been hopeless, so I'm hoping I'll do better with empty stadiums.