+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Westworld season 3 - ANY good?

Westworld season 3 - ANY good?

Watched half way of episode 1 of season 3 and just having a cheeky shit while I type this.
    Any good?

Re: Westworld season 3 - ANY good?

Don’t bother.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    Don’t bother.
    Oh no. Was keeping this special. Loved the first 2 series. Hard to figure out what is happening this episode

Quote Originally Posted by uncle bob View Post
    Oh no. Was keeping this special. Loved the first 2 series. Hard to figure out what is happening this episode
    Exactly, it became too much hard work for me. I got to the end and felt “Thank **** that’s over with.” It was only my ocd in having to watch things to the end that kept me going.

I liked it - although as the action moves out into the real world the complexity of the backstory almost sinks the plot.

At least there are still Rachel Evan Wood, Thandie Newton and Jeffrey Wright to carry it - and Aaron Paul is very good.

It felt that Season 3 was the end. It may be possible to keep it going, but the last episode resolved and finished most of the plot lines.

So without spoilers. What happened in episode 1?

Gave up in season 2, didn’t have a clue what was going on 99.9% of the time which was a shame as the first series was superb

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    I liked it - although as the action moves out into the real world the complexity of the backstory almost sinks the plot.

At least there are still Rachel Evan Wood, Thandie Newton and Jeffrey Wright to carry it - and Aaron Paul is very good.

It felt that Season 3 was the end. It may be possible to keep it going, but the last episode resolved and finished most of the plot lines.
    HBO have commissioned a season 4.

Like yourself I thought it had concluded and wrapped up the plot lines.

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Gave up in season 2, didn’t have a clue what was going on 99.9% of the time which was a shame as the first series was superb
    ditto

I really enjoyed season 2, though wasn’t sure I was completely following the plot but there were some great action sequences in it and the look of the series was great. I watched all of season 3 recently and it was mostly a chore, I really didn’t have a clue what was going on the majority of the time. The only saving grace was Thandie Newton and especially Rachel Evan Wood, she looked stunning in some of the outfits she was wearing

Heisenberg

I finally gave up after the first episode of Season 3.

The ending of Season 1 was absolutely superb and the story didn't require further exploration. After the shit show that was Season 2 (imo) I'm going to pretend that it concluded with Season 1.

I really enjoyed s1. Didnt enjoy s.2 and gave up s3 after a few episodes. May try and finish it though.

Attention span issues:
    The third season keeps you guessing just like the first season. Where are dolores's allegience lay?
    And for the ones that think the show is all wrapped up then you missed the 2 minutes after the final titles.

Series 3 was excellent, felt it was tighter with less episodes. Series 2 was very good, the narrative driven by the timelines.

Can't wait for Series 4.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    Series 3 was excellent, felt it was tighter with less episodes. Series 2 was very good, the narrative driven by the timelines.

Can't wait for Series 4.

No. It's getting ridiculous. It's like they don't know where they're going with the storyline.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    No. It's getting ridiculous. It's like they don't know where they're going with the storyline.
    "Lost" all over again?

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    "Lost" all over again?
    Exactly.

rubbish. you can't seem to follow a simple story line.