+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dutch kids all return to school

Dutch kids all return to school

No fuss or bother.....

https://www.tes.com/news/all-dutch-p...hool-heres-how

Just sensible

Re: Dutch kids all return to school

Unless you personally know every Dutch child I don't think you can make this claim and I'll take no notice of it.

Good day to you.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    No fuss or bother.....

Just sensible

Will they be taking Double Dutch lessons to catch up ???

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Unless you personally know every Dutch child I don't think you can make this claim and I'll take no notice of it.

Good day to you.
    Did you post that just for a bit of attention? If so, it worked on me.What a daft laddie you come across as.

No fuss or bother.....

Just sensible
    Not totally accurate with your message heading. All primary school kids have returned. There's no news on secondary schools.

It's probably helpful that the infection rate is lower there than here, however there seems to be little regard for the fact children can be carriers without having any symptoms. I have a good friend who is a teacher and head of his department at a secondary school. He's been told he has to resume work, despite some minor health conditions that put him on the "at risk" list. Unions are now involved. Employers presumably have a legal obligation to ensure staff are safe, so it'll be interesting to see how it pans out

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Not totally accurate with your message heading. All primary school kids have returned. There's no news on secondary schools.

It's probably helpful that the infection rate is lower there than here, however there seems to be little regard for the fact children can be carriers without having any symptoms. I have a good friend who is a teacher and head of his department at a secondary school. He's been told he has to resume work, despite some minor health conditions that put him on the "at risk" list. Unions are now involved. Employers presumably have a legal obligation to ensure staff are safe, so it'll be interesting to see how it pans out
    That's the problem, the teachers seem too scared to go back to work.

International

Are you talking about a friend who is a teacher here or in Holland. I thought only 'serious' health conditions put people at risk not minor ones.
    with regard to the unions stance I saw somewhere that the unions said schools should stay closed until it was 100% safe. No school is ever that, either from flu falling over in the classroom or being accidentally stabbed with a pencil. I believe that on top of their rightful concern for their members they are adding a political level of obstruction.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Did you post that just for a bit of attention? If so, it worked on me.What a daft laddie you come across as.
    Don't stay up drinking on your own until 330am, it makes you moody. Get some sleep and cheer up.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Are you talking about a friend who is a teacher here or in Holland. I thought only 'serious' health conditions put people at risk not minor ones.
    with regard to the unions stance I saw somewhere that the unions said schools should stay closed until it was 100% safe. No school is ever that, either from flu falling over in the classroom or being accidentally stabbed with a pencil. I believe that on top of their rightful concern for their members they are adding a political level of obstruction.
    He teaches in a comp in one of the valleys. I do some instrumental teaching in the school where he used to teach and they've come up with their own risk assessment for staff. Had he still been there, he would be told not to return under their parameters.

I agree that schools are never 100% safe, but surely schools have a duty of care to staff and pupils to minimize risks. I hardly think unions are demanding 100% safety, that's impossible in a school environment, but that all steps are taken to minimize the effects on staff and pupils. If someone considered vunerable if they contracted Covid-19 was forced into a position where they would be more at risk of catching it, surely that must be considered negligence? You can't draw parallels from conditions like flu, not until those at risk from the flu can at least get vaccinated.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebina View Post
    All of them? From where do you obtain this extensive knowledge?

Don't stay up drinking on your own until 330am, it makes you moody. Get some sleep and cheer up.
    Up for work son. Already done half a shift, while you’re still in your scratcher cuddling your teddy 👍

Heisenberg

They must seem to be too scared to go back to work though... when one doesn't know any teachers and can therefore have no basis to form this opinion.

Teachers are pretty much like every other profession... There are good ones and shit ones. The shit ones may not want to go back, but I'd need first hand knowledge of that to make that assumption and to know how many of them are "scared" of returning. Those with existing health conditions which makes them high risk should not be included in this debate... And of course there will be some.

Those with kids who are saying shit like this will be incredibly surprised when they learn the number of teachers that will be returning on June 29th.

And xsnaggle... Your comment about the unions is completely false btw. If you search for it, you will find nothing of the sort has been said about schools being "100% safe" before returning. That's not to say the unions haven't been doing some union-like things though.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Up for work son. Already done half a shift, while you’re still in your scratcher cuddling your teddy ��
    One day, like William Treseder, I aspire to be spending my life working at 330am. For now this teddy will have to do

International

He teaches in a comp in one of the valleys. I do some instrumental teaching in the school where he used to teach and they've come up with their own risk assessment for staff. Had he still been there, he would be told not to return under their parameters.

I agree that schools are never 100% safe, but surely schools have a duty of care to staff and pupils to minimize risks. I hardly think unions are demanding 100% safety, that's impossible in a school environment, but that all steps are taken to minimize the effects on staff and pupils. If someone considered vunerable if they contracted Covid-19 was forced into a position where they would be more at risk of catching it, surely that must be considered negligence? You can't draw parallels from conditions like flu, not until those at risk from the flu can at least get vaccinated.
    But someone classed as vulnerable shouldn't be there in the first place. And I did see somewhere, (admittedly some weeks ago where a union rep said exactly that, 'our members shouldn't be made ot go back until it is 100% safe'. (Paraphrased)
    I think you have to strike a balance in all things. Make it as safe as you can but sooner or later the kids have to go back to school and the longer you leave it the worse it will be for them

But someone classed as vulnerable shouldn't be there in the first place.
    I think you misunderstand. I'm talking about minor conditions which, if a person contracted Covid-19, would make them vunerable from serious health issues and death. These minor conditions don't stop teachers from teaching. If they did, you'd lose a good percentage of your teaching staff.

Well enough of them like your mate to stop schools opening for all in England until September, and they'll probably try and drag it out longer than that.

You only have to watch the news to see them roll out the teachers and Heads saying it's hard because little kids won't self distance.

Good day to you.
    I want that in writing

I want that in writing

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebina View Post
    Or just dont want too.....In some cases? Reading about schools in Denmark, Germany and now Holland, they’ve all been surprised how smooth it’s gone and what a huge fuss we make of things here.

But someone classed as vulnerable shouldn't be there in the first place. And I did see somewhere, (admittedly some weeks ago where a union rep said exactly that, 'our members shouldn't be made ot go back until it is 100% safe'. (Paraphrased)
    I think you have to strike a balance in all things. Make it as safe as you can but sooner or later the kids have to go back to school and the longer you leave it the worse it will be for them
    100% safe....is everything you do 100% safe? There must be an awful lot of things you cannot do if you base a risk assessment on this. Can you even walk downstairs safely? People die falling down stairs every day

100% safe....is everything you do 100% safe? There must be an awful lot of things you cannot do if you base a risk assessment on this. Can you even walk downstairs safely? People die falling down stairs every day
    People Killed Falling Down Stairs Lives Matter

Or just dont want too.....In some cases? Reading about schools in Denmark, Germany and now Holland, they’ve all been surprised how smooth it’s gone and what a huge fuss we make of things here.
    maybe when infections here are as low in those countries then we will also be opening back up

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    maybe when infections here are as low in those countries then we will also be opening back up
    I think this is the 3rd or 4th time this has been pointed out.

Are teachers furloughed? If not, that would explain the union stance.

They started with half classes....it was so straightforward they decided to go full. Love the way they disregard social distancing for the kids, it’s a ridiculous idea which only given air time here to keep the media whore running and schools shut