+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BBC news at 10 tonight.

BBC news at 10 tonight.

Pictures shown from shops around England, as they reopened today.
    First thought, what makes people queue in their 100’s outside Clothes shops? Are they that desperate for something new to wear?
    Secondly, pictures showing at least a dozen folk pushing and grappling to get into one shop as it opened its doors. Some people really are as thick as pig shit, and have obviously not learnt a single thing from the last 3 months.

Re: BBC news at 10 tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    First thought, what makes people queue in their 100’s outside Clothes shops? Are they that desperate for something new to wear?
    Secondly, pictures showing at least a dozen folk pushing and grappling to get into one shop as it opened its doors. Some people really are as thick as pig shit, and have obviously not learnt a single thing from the last 3 months.
    Nike shop in London, ridiculous.....

Some people really are as thick as pig shit, and have obviously not learnt a single thing from the last 3 months.
    Perhaps they have but are simply past caring? Or maybe the people you describe have to come to realise that the odds are very firmly in their favour?

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Perhaps they have but are simply past caring? Or maybe the people you describe have to come to realise that the odds are very firmly in their favour?
    I reckon people who think that the vast majority of people are going to be walking around with a new found element of good will to all men and women and a new sense of what's important in life are going to be disappointed. Give it a couple of weeks and plenty of people wont give a **** for anyone.

Just as people sat in queues to get a drive-thru starbucks / Mcdonalds its the same with Primark, the chance to feel life is getting back to normal, alot appear be teenagers and they have been stuck in aswell,

lets not forget the governments messages, they are now looking at 1 M and talking of " contact " being closer than 2 M's for over 15 mins

life is returning back to a new norm

Well if thats the case, why don't we all just say **** it, and open the pubs and restaurants to full max, and all go to the football?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I reckon people who think that the vast majority of people are going to be walking around with a new found element of good will to all men and women and a new sense of what's important in life are going to be disappointed. Give it a couple of weeks and plenty of people wont give a **** for anyone.
    I’d say give it a couple df days.

What cracks me up is that people can’t try on the clothes in the shops, so the only advantage over buying online is that they can see and feel the clothes, although they’re being asked not to touch them.
    It’s bonkers. I live in Bristol and it doesn’t interest me in the least.

Maybe people have growing children and they're desperate for new clothes.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Maybe people have growing children and they're desperate for new clothes.
    Maybe, but i doubt it. 👍

Maybe, but i doubt it. 👍
    Quite. My 7 year old has grown out of a lot of his clothes during lockdown, nice time for a growth spurt. Tesco had a 50% off all clothes promotion recently and my local Asda also sells clothes. I might be lucky in having 2 supermarkets within 2 miles of the house, but never have I thought of leaving him with small clothes until Primark reopens.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    What cracks me up is that people can’t try on the clothes in the shops, so the only advantage over buying online is that they can see and feel the clothes, although they’re being asked not to touch them.
    ...is it relevant that you live in Bristol?

Well if thats the case, why don't we all just say **** it, and open the pubs and restaurants to full max, and all go to the football?
    I wouldn't advise that in your case, old bean. Your odds are not so good.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Just as people sat in queues to get a drive-thru starbucks / Mcdonalds its the same with Primark, the chance to feel life is getting back to normal, alot appear be teenagers and they have been stuck in aswell,

lets not forget the governments messages, they are now looking at 1 M and talking of " contact " being closer than 2 M's for over 15 mins

life is returning back to a new norm
    In England at least, Wales is still in the dark ages where no one has teeth left

They are in Northern Ireland and Europe, minus the football of course

Quote Originally Posted by kendoddsdadsdogsdead View Post
    ...is it relevant that you live in Bristol?
    At the moment I'd say yes, as hes got the option to go to Primark, but us in Wales haven't.

International

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    Bristol doesn't interest me in the least either.

International

I'd say that's about right unless they are on a day out from a care home, are c78 years old and suffering from chronic heart disease or something.

I wouldn't advise that in your case, old bean. Your odds are not so good.

Quite right. Although i’m far from approaching my autumn yrs, one can’t be too careful.
    I’m happy to observe the sheep from afar.

Quite right. Although i’m far from approaching my autumn yrs, one can’t be too careful. I’m happy to observe the sheep from afar.
    The counter argument, of course, is that each of us have a finite amount of time on this planet. Truth be told, you and I have no idea where we are in terms of our individual lifespans. We may have decades, years, months, days, hours or only minutes left. Who knows for sure?

What I do know is that life at the moment is not what it should be. Imagine if the past three months were among your last on earth. A grim thought indeed.

As for the sheep, the vast majority of them are out in the fields doing what they naturally do. Unlike us.

The counter argument, of course, is that each of us have a finite amount of time on this planet. Truth be told, you and I have no idea where we are in terms of our individual lifespans. We may have decades, years, months, days, hours or only minutes left. Who knows for sure?

What I do know is that life at the moment is not what it should be. Imagine if the past three months were among your last on earth. A grim thought indeed.

As for the sheep, the vast majority of them are out in the fields doing what they naturally do. Unlike us.
    Does your wife still keep you locked in the cellar like a gimp all dressed in black rubber ?

If she does can I come round for tea next tuesday ?

I think it’s fair to say with the mass protests that we’ve witnessed in the last 2 weekends that social distancing is well and truly over.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    I think it’s fair to say with the mass protests that we’ve witnessed in the last 2 weekends that social distancing is well and truly over.
    Preceded by VE Day and the thousands basking on the beaches, let's not forget.

Bournemouth beach was rammed

And round here they were all outside pissed up on VE day

Some of em even dressed up in forties womens frocks and did their hair up

Stupid feckwits

And that was the blokes ...

Absolutely, 4 wrongs dont make a right, all daft.