+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone been stopped by the police for more than 5 miles?

Anyone been stopped by the police for more than 5 miles?

I must admit, I am working from home and hardly moved the car for months.

I have mates driving all over the place, and they haven't been stopped, is it back to normal now more or less in Wales?

Has anyone going to admit to being stopped or fined for breaking rules, or for that matter broken the rules but never been stopped?

Re: Anyone been stopped by the police for more than 5 miles?

I drove to B+M Llanishen from the valleys.

What is the difference with me being there (not me as I didn't go in) with people all over not adhering to the rules once their inside, or being in a shop 3 miles from my house? It's a few extra miles and it had more options than the local store did...

Working in Gloucester all week. Also been to Bristol recently to work.

You can have idiots staying in their local area not abiding by the rules, and you're going to get sensible people who socially distance but go a little further afield.. what's the worse of the 2?

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebina View Post
    I must admit, I am working from home and hardly moved the car for months.

I have mates driving all over the place, and they haven't been stopped, is it back to normal now more or less in Wales?

Has anyone going to admit to being stopped or fined for breaking rules, or for that matter broken the rules but never been stopped?
    Heard from a copper I know they’ve given up pulling people over now. Too much hassle, everyone has a reason for it and the rules are so ridiculous that no one cares now anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post

What is the difference with me being there (not me as I didn't go in) with people all over not adhering to the rules once their inside, or being in a shop 3 miles from my house? It's a few extra miles and it had more options than the local store did...

You can have idiots staying in their local area not abiding by the rules, and you're going to get sensible people who socially distance but go a little further afield.. what's the worse of the 2?
    I agree it's the stupidest of all the rules, I think they are just trying to stop people flocking to Tenby, Brecon and Snowden and the hotspots!

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Heard from a copper I know they’ve given up pulling people over now. Too much hassle, everyone has a reason for it and the rules are so ridiculous that no one cares now anyway.
    I would have thought so by now, my mate lives in Barry and he said they were hanging around the beach for a while trying to catch people there.

I agree it's the stupidest of all the rules, I think they are just trying to stop people flocking to Tenby, Brecon and Snowden and the hotspots!
    Yeah I can see the reasoning behind it definitely.

Are the SWP working then? I thought they might have been on furlough as cant remember the last time I seen a copper on my many (within 5 mile radius) walks.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Are the SWP working then? I thought they might have been on furlough as cant remember the last time I seen a copper on my many (within 5 mile radius) walks.
    Had pcsos round here going up the mountains looking for gatherings etc. Then you'll see them drive down a street where about 6 houses, all gathered outdoors with guests from other streets are all playing bingo etc and they'll stop and say hello... But chase a few kids having a little drink out of the way and probably more socially distanced!

Had pcsos round here going up the mountains looking for gatherings etc. Then you'll see them drive down a street where about 6 houses, all gathered outdoors with guests from other streets are all playing bingo etc and they'll stop and say hello... But chase a few kids having a little drink out of the way and probably more socially distanced!
    I do feel sorry for them in some respect, they cant win to a certain degree, their resources have been stretched and thanks to the PC brigade they havent got much authority anymore, but a lot of them dont help themselves.

Idiot that I am, I've never registered with a local vet since I moved up here and so had to make journeys down to Cardiff for the first time since February on Friday and again today when my dog came out in ugly lumps a few days ago. Turns out it was some sort of allergic reaction to some pollen probably and she's over it now, but I was half expecting some sort of encounter with the police when I was making both of what are round trips of over forty miles. I saw a few police cars on my travels, but they certainly weren't interested in me.

Incidentally, my appointment this morning was for 9 o clock so I had to drive down in what should be the morning rush hour, but, although I agree that there is more traffic about lately, it really is nowhere near pre lockdown levels - I didn't know what to expect this morning so left at the time I used to for breakfast time drives to Cardiff and it took nearly forty minutes less than it used to despite me driving at very old fogey like speeds all of the way!

The 5 miles rule was only ever a guide to stop people travelling the length and breadth of Wales, so the possibility of the virus going from say Cardiff to Bangor was lessened.
    I understood this and have travelled within Pembrokeshire with no problem.
    Heddlu are still positioning themselves at the usual spots but mainly to stop people from over the border.
    Policy seems to be working as r rate lower than England and touch wood, very little here in Pembrokeshire.

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    The 5 miles rule was only ever a guide to stop people travelling the length and breadth of Wales, so the possibility of the virus going from say Cardiff to Bangor was lessened.
    I understood this and have travelled within Pembrokeshire with no problem.
    Heddlu are still positioning themselves at the usual spots but mainly to stop people from over the border.
    Policy seems to be working as r rate lower than England and touch wood, very little here in Pembrokeshire.
    Yes but as soon as it opens up you're sure to have a spike as half of Cardiff will be heading your way, and you'll have no immunity.

Banned

Well, that is a false dilemma if ever I've seen one.

However, in an attempt to answer it when cases are more localised, then socially distancing whilst going further afield could arguably be conceived as being worse as that may re-introduce the virus to areas where incidences are low.

Yes but as soon as it opens up you're sure to have a spike as half of Cardiff will be heading your way, and you'll have no immunity.
    Yes, it is a dilemma. On the whole most people have been compliant. Hopefully when the hoards arrive the infection rate will be down and manageable till the possible spike in the autumn.

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    Yes, it is a dilemma. On the whole most people have been compliant. Hopefully when the hoards arrive the infection rate will be down and manageable till the possible spike in the autumn.
    The way Drakeford is going, no one will be able to holiday in Wales this year.....

I would have thought so by now, my mate lives in Barry and he said they were hanging around the beach for a while trying to catch people there.
    Yes they were a few weeks ago, asking people even on foot where they lived. Last Sunday the beach and prom were really busy and no Police in site. Think they've given up now it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    The way Drakeford is going, no one will be able to holiday in Wales this year.....
    I’ve got a 600 quid air bnb credit to use by dec 31 2021 from my cancelled stay in Croatia which I was hoping to use on somewhere in west wales, but the bastard thing will be expire by the time Drakeford sorts out an exit strategy for Wales

I’ve driven every weekday from penarth to Cwmbran throughout as the business I’m in was working on the new hospital. First 6 weeks was like the walking dead with hardly anyone about. It has gradually picked up but nowhere near pre lockdown.
    Not even come close to being stopped by the fuzz, I’ve seen a few traffic cops on the M4 but as it’s just me in my van and not a family in a hatchback maybe I don’t fit the criteria but has been strange as was expecting to be pulled quite a bit.
    It is surreal as everyone chomping at the bit to get back to work and I’m desperate to have a few days off!!

Quote Originally Posted by Monster munch View Post
    I’ve driven every weekday from penarth to Cwmbran throughout as the business I’m in was working on the new hospital. First 6 weeks was like the walking dead with hardly anyone about. It has gradually picked up but nowhere near pre lockdown.
    Not even come close to being stopped by the fuzz, I’ve seen a few traffic cops on the M4 but as it’s just me in my van and not a family in a hatchback maybe I don’t fit the criteria but has been strange as was expecting to be pulled quite a bit.
    It is surreal as everyone chomping at the bit to get back to work and I’m desperate to have a few days off!!
    Did work down there last year. Every floor had the same layout. Took me longer than I'd like to admit to be able to find my way round! (Was a shell back then mind so may be easier now of its more or less done)

Judging by the increasing traffic volume every day I'm out on the roads having a gentle drive, traffic is getting busier and people have little regard anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Judging by the increasing traffic volume every day I'm out on the roads having a gentle drive, traffic is getting busier and people have little regard anymore.
    Too many people having a gentle drive.

I live in Newport mother in law in Six Bells. Abertillery. No problem.
    Although at the beginning my mate had a warning for taking his dog in his car 2 miles for a walk

Got cautioned 5 miles high once

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Got cautioned 5 miles high once
    K2?

Too many people having a gentle drive.
    I know. It was far more fun driving to Tenby when virtually everyone was indoors.