+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The impressive Marcus Rashford.

The impressive Marcus Rashford.

He's a credit to his profession

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-53065806

Re: The impressive Marcus Rashford.

Absolutely, a proper role model for players and fans alike.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    He's a credit to his profession

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-53065806
    Yes well done Marcus Rashford

Saw this earlier and was going to post it.

Brilliant.

Also, people listen to famous people. A lot more of them could do and say things publicly to help.

Brilliant outcome - and well done to Marcus Rashford.

Although it is a sad comment on modern politics and celebrity culture that it takes a Premier League footballer to get the government to change its position - when weeks of the same demand from opposition (and a few Tory) politicians, teachers and other professionals got no movement at all. In fact they got the Grant Shapps treatment - which was insult to injury!

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post

Although it is a sad comment on modern politics and celebrity culture that it takes a Premier League footballer to get the government to change its position - when weeks of the same demand from opposition (and a few Tory) politicians, teachers and other professionals got no movement at all. In fact they got the Grant Shapps treatment - which was insult to injury!
    Politics is ****ing rotten.

“I don’t claim to have the education of an MP in parliament, but I do have a social education. I’m clued up on the difference a U-turn decision would make on 1.3m vulnerable children registered for free school meals because ten years ago I was one of them”

Marcus Rashford

I dare say the U-turn has come about today because of the flippant comment made / tweeted to Rashford by a member of the cabinet yesterday.

Well done, Marcus. Using his social media platform for good use.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Well done, Marcus. Using his social media platform for good use.
    More could, and should.

Banned

Yes, with a media that is dominated by "celebrity" and where the latest "Love Island eviction" is seen as one of the headline stories in major news outlets,celebrities now carry more weight than opposition MPs who can be easily dismissed with a "remember where Party X left us when they were in power", or "If only Party X would tell us what their plans are".

He certainly shut that Theresa Coffey tory mp up

Where do the conservatives get these uncaring people from ?

https://images.app.goo.gl/EsKhpFUJU9UWoHvF9

She voted against same sex marriage and a bill to make private rented accommodation for for human habitation . Shes a landlord .

Now we need to address the conditions that have allowed so many families in this country to get into a position where they can't afford to feed their families.
    10 years of tory austerity where the rich have got richer and paid less and less tax

Marcus has appeared on various programmes over the last six months or so and spoken on various subjects. I have to say he comes across as a very decent chap indeed. Other so called celebrities take note.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Now we need to address the conditions that have allowed so many families in this country to get into a position where they can't afford to feed their families.
    10 years of tory austerity where the rich have got richer and paid less and less tax
    I'm just going to put this out there, my daughter's mother has always been very good with her money, she hasn't worked since she had her (varying reasons that's her business) she manages her money well and when I'd visit when my daughter was younger the house was spotless, she always had what she needed and there was always food there, she doesn't drink a lot or go out but she smokes. She's since married so there's obviously more money going into the house, but she also has 2 more kids and a step kid to spread their money on..they manage to go on holidays every year abroad and have short breaks at home as well, run 2 cars etc..

2 girls local to me have kids and don't work and are exactly the same, then there are others who seem to have different priorities they drink more, smoke, go out more and they're always in the loop of lending money to go shopping etc. It's a never ending cycle and the kids lose out.

I'm not saying that is cut and dry and I realise people struggle, people have debts and poor people seem to pay more for things like TVs and furniture as they can't buy it straight up, but they all get the same money just some spend it better.

And yes, I am absolutely glad there are things such as free school dinners to help people out

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    I'm just going to put this out there, my daughter's mother has always been very good with her money, she hasn't worked since she had her (varying reasons that's her business) she manages her money well and when I'd visit when my daughter was younger the house was spotless, she always had what she needed and there was always food there, she doesn't drink a lot or go out but she smokes. She's since married so there's obviously more money going into the house, but she also has 2 more kids and a step kid to spread their money on..they manage to go on holidays every year abroad and have short breaks at home as well, run 2 cars etc..

2 girls local to me have kids and don't work and are exactly the same, then there are others who seem to have different priorities they drink more, smoke, go out more and they're always in the loop of lending money to go shopping etc. It's a never ending cycle and the kids lose out.

I'm not saying that is cut and dry and I realise people struggle, people have debts and poor people seem to pay more for things like TVs and furniture as they can't buy it straight up, but they all get the same money just some spend it better.

And yes, I am absolutely glad there are things such as free school dinners to help people out
    Weird that they lend other people money to go shopping yet their own kids go without, why don’t they spend the money on their own family instead of lending it to others?

Katie Hopkins doesn’t seem to think so.

https://twitter.com/kthopkins/status...393953281?s=21

Jesus Christ

Jesus Christ
    the clutching at straws of an increasingly irrelevant internet troll who's career has run its course

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    the clutching at straws of an increasingly irrelevant internet troll who's career has run its course
    I think the government has stolen her act. She should sue!

Great effort from a lovely lad and incredible talent .

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Weird that they lend other people money to go shopping yet their own kids go without, why don’t they spend the money on their own family instead of lending it to others?
    Quite sad. We used to get a knock on the door when I was a kid, someone would hand a note over from their parents asking for money for school for them the day after (think it was 2.50 each at the time round here) amazingly the parents would have already been to the shop and got their cans on for the night. My parents never drank in the house, they'd go elsewhere on a weekend now and again to do that..I don't get the whole 7 days a week drinking thing when you've got kids in the house.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Great effort from a lovely lad and incredible talent .
    If only he was natural born UK people eh

http://www.ccmb.co.uk/showthread.php...-Brexit-Update

Jesus Christ
    People should ignore her. Even if you've got a really good point to murder her with..just don't write it..don't retweet the **** etc and her platform goes away. She survives off angry replies and retweets etc calling her all the names under the sun. There's an American one as well Tomi Lahren..she gets her arse handed to her time after time on twitter but she carries on because attention is attention.